Brian to the rescue

Lexi’s P.O.V

I woke up to the sunlight shining on my face. I rolled over and checked my phone for the time. It was 5pm. Wow, they let me sleep in late. Maybe because of my breakdown. What am I supposed to do now, though? I couldn’t tell Hope because I don’t want to worry her. My parents weren’t even here to talk to. I was done with tears, though. It was time to carry on with life as it was before the news. I needed to cheer up.

Immediately, thoughts of the race entered my mind. Should I go or not? Yeah! What the hell, I don’t care anymore. I missed going out and partying and street racing. I couldn’t drag any of my usual supporters with me as they were all at football camp. I was going to go solo (except for Will who would be there as he played soccer).  I changed into a black, sleek, tight, mid-thigh dress and threw on a leather jacket. I caked on makeup (probably more than I needed but whatever). After, making myself look, well… easy.  I looked at myself in the mirror and smirked. Perfect.

I crept down the stairs and slipped on my black wedges and opened the door, feeling sneaky until I heard Mark call my name. Oh no.

“Lexi! Come in here please.” I walked into the living room and, to my surprise, the whole family was there. Even the 4 boys who I’d thought were at camp. Simultaneously, everyone’s jaws dropped open.

“Lexi, where do you think you’re going dressed like that?” Cassandra spat out as she glared at me.

“Out.” I smirked.

“Where?” She asked as she slowly stood up.

“Out, what do you want? Can I leave now?” The urge to leave the house grew stronger.

“No! You can march up the stairs right now, missy and put on some suitable clothing!” Mark half-screamed.

“How about… no?” With that I turned around and made my way back to the door.

“LEXI REED! GET BACK IN HERE NOW!” Cassandra screamed at my back.

“FUCK OFF!” I slammed the door behind me and strolled to my Harley. I stuck the key in the ignition and straddled the bike, setting off to where Will was. As I pulled up next to two other Harleys, I noticed Will walking up to me.

 “Lexi! How did you know it was a motorbike race?” he asked, stunned.

“I had an instinct. How much we going for?”

“1,500.” I gave him the cash and rode to the beginning line with the 7 other motorbikes following me. Will took everyone’s money and stood at the starting line.

“Okay. You all know the rules. Remember to drive fairly. Ready… Set…” I revved impatiently, “GO!” He jumped out of the way.

“Thank you very much. “I said as Will handed me a wad of cash. Easy money. Those jerks had no game at all. Not that I was complaining because now I had money and it was party time! We all hopped on our motorbikes and headed over to the local bar. When we arrived there, Will asked us if we could go to Godfathers instead. We all agreed and following his lead, we made our way to the best club in the world: Godfathers. We all parked in a neat row of motorbikes and sexily got off the bikes, taking the helmets off and shaking our hair out. If our life was a movie, it would be the moment when everyone would look perfect and the hair would be beautiful as the sun shone. Sadly, this was reality. The sun definitely wasn’t there. I thought as it started to rain, ruining the whole moment.