You call yourself police officers?

Lexi's P.O.V

I sat up straight and drained the rest of my coffee in one gulp. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something flashing. I realised that it was my phone so I picked it up:

3 missed calls from Hope

2 from Cassandra

4 from Cole

1 from Aaron

And 1 from Dr Booth

Straight away, I redialled Dr Booth's number.

"Hi. I got a missed call from you? It's Lexi."

"Oh yes, I was calling due to the fact that you missed your appointment. Would you be able to come in on Wednesday instead?"

"Yes, of course, what time?"

"11AM."

"Alright, I'll see you then. Goodbye." I ended the call. Now, it was time for me to put Hope out of her misery I thought to myself as I dialled her number.

"LEXI! Where the hell are you?!" She screamed too loudly.

"Well, I went to work but now I'm going out."

"Work? Where are you? I'm coming!" She demanded. I didn't particularly want to see anyone at that moment.

"I've got to go, Hope. I'll text you later, 'kay? Bye." I hung up quickly before she could argue. I got up from my seat and left. I only had 1 hour and 45 minutes until my shift started.

At the Police Station - 3rd person

Lexi parked outside the police station and strutted inside.

"Lexi!" The woman at the reception desk called out.

"What?" Lexi spat.

"You can't go through there." The lady answered. Lexi ignored her and marched through the large double doors. Inside there were four rooms on her left and another four on her right. She ignored those doors and carried on marching until she reached another set of double doors, with a sign which said "Staff Only". She barged in to reveal a large double story room with officers sat at their desks, walking around, big clean whiteboards and smart TVs which showed the news. In the corner of her eyes, she could see a huge whiteboard with the title '306 PLANE CRASH'. Underneath it was many photos, around 30 in total, with captions scribbled messily underneath it with their details. She walked up to the board and just focused on two of the images. Her mom and dad. She just stared at their photos until...

"Lexi What are you doing here? You can't just barge in here!" Officer Frank scolded her, walking up to her.

"I don't care. I think I know where they might be." As Lexi spoke those last eight words, the room fell silent.

"W-what do you mean? Have they got in contact with you?" Officer Chad asked as he walked up to Lexi, standing on her left side.

"Not really but I have a clue. I need a geographical map of where the plane crashed." She said, not taking her eyes off the two photos. Officer Chad swivelled the board around so it was now showing the opposite side, which had the map pinned to it.

"What time did it crash?" Lexi asked.

"8:00." Officer Frank replied.

"That means that it has been 58 hours since they went missing. If we take that and times it by the current of the water - there hasn't been a storm lately so that means that the water must have been calm and moving at around 5mph - so that gives us 290. This means that if we measure it correctly going East then they should be around... here." Lexi circled a small green area located in the middle of the water. She placed down the marker and turned around to face 45 officers all watching her, "If I'm correct then they should be around that island. I'm 18 and I figured that out, you didn't ? And you call yourself police officers. Yeah right. If you need to congratulate me, I'm free on my mobile. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm late for work." With that she grabbed her bag and walked out leaving all the officers gobsmacked.

Lexi stood outside of the police station, tears rolling down her face as she ran into her car and hit her head against the steering wheel. The tears came even harder as pictures of her mom and dad flashed into her mind. Underneath the photos, the words "missing, 90% chance of being dead, 10% of being alive" was written. She wiped the tears from her cheeks, started her car and drove home. She walked in and belly flopped onto the sofa until she realised she wasn't alone. Sounds from the kitchen made her stand up and creep slowly to the room.

"TYLER?! What the hell? What are you doing here?"

"Mom wanted me to tell you that you're going to be staying with us until they find your parents." He told her as he popped open a can of root beer.

"Oh. Okay, whatever." She went upstairs and quickly packed an overnight bag before walking down to face Tyler, glugging down the drink.

"That's all you're bringing?" He wiped his mouth as he stared at her small bag.

"I live just next door; I'll come back!" She told him as she led him to the front door.

"True. Come on, we have a room for you all set up." With that, they both left the quiet, isolated house and went next door. Cole was waiting for them at the door when they arrived and led the two of them upstairs to Lexi's new room, where Cassandra was waiting for her.

"Hey darling, how are you feeling?" She asked as she took Lexi's bag.

The day flew past while Lexi was spending time with the family. She had first called work to explain that she wasn't feeling up for working today after all (which they totally understood) then Lexi explained what had happened that day to them. It was 9pm when the doorbell rang.

"Lexi, can you get the door please?" Cassandra called out. Lexi passed her PS3 controller to Lee as she stood up to go open the door.

"Frank? Chad?" She asked.

"Can we come in?" Officer Frank asked.

"Sure." Lexi directed them to the living room and called Cassandra who entered and sat down.

"Lexi, we have good news and bad news. The good news is that you were in fact correct. We found 30 survivors on the island so you saved many lives. The bad news is that we couldn't find your parents on the island. We have to still class them as missing. They are the only missing people left so the case will now be focused solely on them. It will take a few months to get everything fully into action but we're not putting the case down. You're a bright young kid and we need your help to find them." Chad explained to Lexi.

"Okay, I'm glad I could help." Lexi replied.

As soon as the officers left, Lexi just sat on the sofa and cried. Cole, who was sat next to her, picked her up and placed her on his lap and cried on his shoulder. He cuddled her close, comforting her, for like an hour. Cassandra had tears in her eyes just watching Lexi cry and had to leave the room. The three boys walked after their mom, comforting her as she too cried.

Lexi eventually fell asleep in Cole's arms and Cole fell asleep holding her, both of the worn out from the day. Cassandra fell asleep and her sons fell asleep near her, knowing that she would probably need them when she started crying again.

----------------------------

so sorry for the late update !!!! when I get 1,450 views and 45 votes I will update the next chapter, oh and dont worry, there is so much more to come, many twists and cliffhangers in the next few chapters...