more singing & more riddles

Hope’s P.O.V

“I’d like to say big thank you to Hope, Lexi and their friends for transforming the dull ward to colourful, welcoming place.  The children now feel happier to in the ward as there are many toys and games for them to play with. Now, without further ado, I present them with the scissors to cut the rope.” Doctor Booth announced in front of the cameras and the small crowd that had gathered.

 He handed me the scissors and we all stepped in front of the red ribbon, huddling together as the cameras flashed many times. We all held a part of the scissors as we cut the ribbon. Everyone cheered and the kids went to their much prettier ward, grabbed a toy and began playing, smiling for the first time in a long time. Our group split off as both parents and children wanted our attention.

Aaron and I were sitting with a 9 year old boy who, whilst he was playing with a toy car, was telling us how his older brother had cancer and how he beat it. He was so eager to play with Aaron that he pushed me away and started handing Aaron some of the cars so that he could play with him. Aaron shot me a sympathetic glance but I simply laughed it off and walked towards Lexi, passing all of the guys who were all playing games with all the different kids in the ward.

Sitting on a small couch, Lexi stared out of the big window which was directly opposite her. I hugged her as I broke the silence between us.

“You miss her, don’t you?”

“More than anyone in the world...”

“More than your parents?”

“Yes Hope. My parents didn’t care about me; they hated me. My mum wanted an abortion but my dad stopped her, thinking that I would save their relationship. I guess I did what he expected but still… I know they’re alive and the police are doing what they can to bring them back. Ruby though, Ruby’s gone and no one can bring her back.” Lexi sighed.

“Lex, she is still here.  She might not physically still be here, but I know definitely that she is watching over you and that she is smiling at the fact that you made her wish come true. You’ve done all of this for a girl you hardly knew! You’re a good person Lexi; you might be the school’s ‘rebel’ and the ‘devil child’ but deep inside you’re a butterfly. She isn’t here but she is in here.” I placed my hand over Lexi’s heart, “Now stop moping and grab your guitar, I think it’s time for a song!”

“We’re not in a movie - where the music starts and everyone gets up in sync and starts dancing to a perfectly choreographed routine which they’ve never rehearsed before but miraculously know every single dance move.” Lexi laughed as she said this.

“Maybe not but all of us teens go to a performing arts school; we’re all singers and dancers, let’s put on a little show for them!” We both smiled as we stood up and huddled the guys up.

10 minutes later, the kids were sat on the floor waiting for a show, this is going to be fun.

Cole and Robert grabbed guitars and started to play the backing track to Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’. We added in the drum effect and other effects through acapella. We began singing random verses as danced around the room with the kids. (A/N Glee version to the side)

 Just a small town girl

 Livin' in a lonely world

 She took the midnight train goin' anywhere

 Just a city boy

 Born and raised in South Detroit

 He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smokey room

The smell of wine and cheap perfume

For a smile they can share the night