let's hit the club

3rd person

Lexi and Hope marched down the long hall up to the double doors, pushing them to reveal many police officers sat at their desks doing various things... except for working.

"You call this working?" Lexi spat. The sound of her voice caused everyone to go quiet and before they shot her a glare.

"Lexi what are you doing here... again?" Frank spat back at her as he put the phone down.

Lexi's father had a very high reputation and Lexi knew she had to maintain it so she decided it would be best to take charge of the mess he had created.

"Don't you remember who I am? I am the daughter of your boss! No scrap that - your boss' boss!
Who do you think built this police station? Who do you think built half of this neighbourhood? That's right. My father. The same man who you used to play golf with on the weekend, who you all used to go get a beer with and the man you called your friend. Whilst he is probably stranded somewhere with no food or shelter, probably crying out for help, you're all just sat here doing nothing? Grow some balls and actually look for him!" Lexi screamed at the men.

Everyone just stood with their eyes wide open for a minute until Lexi coughed. This was like their trigger as they all jumped up and started pulling out various files, typing on their computers. Lexi turned around and winked at Hope, who was stood still in shock.

1 hour had passed and it was now 12:30am.

"Okay gather up everyone!" Frank announced as everyone grabbed their work and made their way up to the meeting room. There were 35 men all sat around the conference table, Hope and Lexi both sat at the top end whereas Frank and Chad were sat on the other end.

"So? What have you all found out?" Lexi sighed as one of the officers pulled in the whiteboard which had a geographical map on one side and on the other side were photos and different documents.

"Crossing out the island that we- you found and any sea next to it, I couldn't find anything except this." One of the officers who Lexi believed was called Andy stood up and walked to the map. He circled random forested areas and started mumbling calculations when Lexi interrupted.

"I totally forgot why I came here. I think I know where they are. Okay so as Andy was saying the length and time taken, I know it's not a possibility that their still on the open water since you had teams searching, and we know that they're not on that island, but I'm sure that there is another beach located a few miles off, right?" Lexi finished with uncertainty as a few officers stood up and searched the map.

"She's right! How did we not see this? You see this area that Andy circled was open water but this here isn't! It almost looks like some sort of... beach" Frank admitted.

--

"30 minutes until take off!" Frank ordered 13 of his men who were getting their stuff to check out the beach. After many attempts at persuading him, Frank still wouldn't allow the girls to go because he didn't want the girls to get hurt in anyway. Even though they acted as though they hated each other, Frank was Lexi's godfather and he loved his best friend's little girl as though she was actually his flesh and blood.

Lexi's P.O.V

2am

We were now sitting in the conference room when Frank and Chad came marching in.

"Lexi we may have a slight problem..." Frank hesitated.

"Go on." Lexi rolled her eyes.

"The bank has decided to shut your dad's business since he isn't here to run it. You're his daughter and we need you to sort this out before I get back or I'm also going to be jobless, since your dad also owns this place." he pleaded. Who knew I would be getting begged from a police officer! Looks like the shoe is on the other foot.

"Oh I will, but if I'm doing this for you then I need something back." I smirked.

--

"A clean slate? Good thinking, Lexi! Now can we get home and sleep! I'm shattered with all this detective work!" Hope cried as we drove back to mine.

Laughing, I placed a Witney Houston CD in my car. Slowly Hope started to drift off to sleep. When we arrived at home, Hope jumped into bed half asleep. I went down and sat on the sofa turning my laptop on. Grabbing my phone I dialled Mike's (Will and Aaron's dad) number.

"Hey Mike, did I wake you?" I questioned as he accepted the call.

"Nope, I was just finishing some work, how're you feeling?" He sighed.

"I'm feeling great! Can you do me a favour?"

"Sure, what is it?" he asked.

"Can you come by in 10 minutes? I need a big favour." I pleaded

"Of course! I will be there soon." He agreed and disconnected the call. Another reason why I love all my friends is that their parents are practically mine as well and are on my beck and call.

After having the same call with Ryan (Hope's dad) and John (Kye, Jake and Zach father) they were sitting in my living room sipping coffee around 1:45pm.

"Okay so I need your help, all three of you. Hope and I went to the police station earlier and we have come up with another place to search, but before the team had left to search the place Frank told me that my dad's company is going bust, and if it isn't sorted, everything he owns will be put on the market. I've done my research and it says if I can find a team of 3 to take my dad's place in the meantime, and they can run it then it won't be put up for sale. So what do you say, can you handle working in my dad's business?"

"Wow. Well, Lexi it's a big job since your dad owed a lot of property." John admitted.

"I know, I know. Let me finish. If you three take over for now it, I'll provide all the money needed as, you'll be paid for your work and you will have a lower tax rate, like my dad. Please. Help me." I begged the three businessmen sitting in front of me.

"We'll help you." They said after a while of discussing it, "But if we're going to do this, we need your dad's paper work and-" I interrupted him as I handed them a box with all my dad's files. Smiling, they went through it analysing each file.

3am

"Lexi why are you still up?" Hope croaked as I got into bed

"Sorry I was just sorting some files out. Go to sleep."

"Okay. Hey, can we have a girl day in tomorrow? You don't look so well." Hope cracked open her eyes, I didn't realise it until she said it but she was right: my face was pale and my body was burning hot. I felt the familiar nauseous feeling and before I knew it, I was running into the bathroom dry heaving. Hope ran after me.

Cole P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I looked at the time, it was 5pm. Wow! Did I actually sleep in this late? Answering the phone, Robert started to speak.

"Yo, let's hit the club!" Robert voice was full of excitement.

"Sure bro, we'll meet you there at 10." I smirked walking to my closet pulling out a white v neck shirt.

"Aight!" he ended the call and called the rest of the guys. We asked Hope if she and Lexi wanted to join but she said Lexi was really ill so the plan was to have a 'girly night in'. Not arguing, I told Hadrian and Tyler the plan and they both got changed.

9:45

"Come on, let's go were going to be late, y'know?" Hadrian shouted from the door. Running down, I grabbed my wallet and keys and kissed mum on the forehead, telling here not to wait up. In the car we decided to have a designated driver. Of course we did the toss up and Tyler lost - sucker - so I guess I'm going to have fun tonight... If only Lexi was here.

"Stop moping, we haven't been out yet without the girls. Let's have some fun! Like we used to." Tyler hit the back of my head.

"That 'fun' consisted of you pulling every chick in the club, me getting stoned and Hadrian wiping the floor with his moves..." I replied thinking back of the times we used to go clubbing before we moved a year ago.

"Exactly!" Hadrian laughed as we pulled up in front of some club.

Agreeing to have fun we all got out of the car and greeted the guys, with our usual handshakes and nods.

Laughing and messing about we started to push each other around and started singing some random words. Kye and Luke were dancing and the rest were in fits of laughter.

"Let's have some fun guys" Will announced as he nodded at the bouncer who let us in straight away, walking in. Caked Up's Remix of Wrecking Ball was playing, flashing lights everywhere; the smoke machine was going crazy as drunk and/or high couples were grinding on the dance floor. Some were dancing... trying to dance and the others were just drinking and laughing; the club was full with girls and I could see the guys (especially Tyler starting to get excited). We all walked up to the VIP area and the bouncer standing there nodded at Luke and let us pass, allowing us to have the privilege of leather sofas, cocktails waiting for us and let's just say some half naked girls sitting down waiting for us. Tonight was going to get pretty hectic.

Sitting down next to the lads we all ordered shots and took our jackets off. 2 minutes later a waitress placed the drinks down and walked off smiling, we all grabbed one each and downed it, expect for Tyler, Will and Robert who I guess were all the DDs.

30 minutes later, I was high as fuck, everything around me just seemed amazing, the lights were complimenting the beautiful girls who were dancing. Lexi? Lexi who? I stood up and made my way to the dance floor, walking past Hadrian and Luke dancing trying to impress a few girls I carried on walking, I passed Kye who had some girl from our school grind on him. Let's just say he was enjoying that very much. In the corner of my eye a blonde girl grabbed my attention, she had an amazing jaw line, she was very petite and had the most sexiest smile, she reminded me of someone but I couldn't remember who. She walked up to me and started to dance. Downing the shot in my hand, I threw the glass and joined in.

Hope's P.O.V

Walking out of the toilet with Lexi, I made her change into a different top and I sat her down and did a fish plait in her thinning blonde hair. This was the 3rd time today she had thrown up; she looked so sick, it killed me but I had to make her smile.

"Hey, when was the last time you went down into the recording studio?" I wondered.

"Not since my dad went missing. I haven't had the guts to go down; we always used to go down together and he would record me and order me around, why?"

"Because you're growing some big man balls and go down there I have an idea, but first drink this." I handed her a small shot. She held it in her hand briefly and handed it back to me.

"The drinking caused the problem. I don't want to start again."

"Lexi you never stopped, come on it's only one, please for me?" I begged. I knew that it seemed wrong but she wouldn't get up without a boost and, to be honest, I'm also worn out so I guess I'm giving the vodka a shot.

She took it in her hand and smiled. Taking a shot each, we both shook our heads in disgust and ran down the stairs, going past her kitchen we carried on running until we reached a small door, opening it we went down the stairs and I turned on the light, in front of us was a HUGE soundproof room with a door, microphone and a few instruments inside, outside the booth was an enormous desk, next to it was two office chairs, a min sofa and coffee table, on top of the desk were two iMac computers, 4 speakers 2 on each side, one mixer and some other accessories.

"What should I sing?" Lexi asked as she stepped into the soundproof room, closing the door I sat in one office chair and turned on the computers and clicked a button which allowed Lexi to hear what I was saying through her headphones, placing them on she took the microphone and started to warm up singing many high notes and other vocal exercises.

When the computer loaded I opened up the recorder and turned everything on. You see my dad also owned a few companies but his favourite was his recording studio. He always used to help out and would ask me to join him so I'm very comfortable with all the equipment in front of me. Setting it all up I played a recent recorded instrumental tune, playing it out loud me and Lexi listened.

"Oh I remember this, this used to be my dad's favourite song so he remixed it for me, I'm sure he put the lyrics somewhere here." Lexi came out of the soundproof room and started rummaging through many documents, finding some sheets she pulled it out and walked back into the room, shutting the door and placing the headphones on, she nodded at me which indicated that she was ready, turning the backing track on and hitting the record button I listened to Lexi sing her heart out to one of my favourite songs, I will survive (link to the side of an amazing cover).

I will survive, as long as I know how to love
I will survive

I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you right by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong and I learned how to get along
Now you're see me, somebody new
I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you
And now you felt like dropping in cause just expect me to be free
But now I'm savin' all my loving' for someone loving' me
Go on now go, walk out the door
Just turn around now 'coz you're not welcome in my life anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh no I, I will survive
I will survive
Weren't you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?
Did you think I'd crumble,
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Smiling at that last note I hit the stop button and started to smile, Lexi mirroring my smile, we realised that the old Lexi was back.

"Wow that was amazing, I didn't think I had it in me, I feel strong again. I missed this." Lexi laughed as she came out of the booth and replayed the song, agreeing she decided to burn the song onto a CD and placed it with her others.

"Hey why don't we go to the club? The boys are there?" I suggested

Tyler P.O.V

I was sitting on the sofa with a gorgeous brunette sat on top of me. As we came up for air, I noticed that next to me was Kye and Luke who also had chicks, Aaron was getting more drinks with Robert, Cole was laying on the other sofa hammered out of his brain, a Blonde girl was on top of him... Shit.

Pushing the girl off me I winked and attempted to shout 'One sec, babe'. She didn't hear it over the loud music and she stormed off, annoyed that I pushed her. Oh well. Hitting Kye's arm he backed off the girl and scowled at me, ignoring him I pointed towards Cole who was having a full make out session with some blonde girl, noticing this he copied my actions by getting rid of the girl and walked towards Cole.

"Cole." we both yelled over the music. He came up for air and looked at us two, his eyes bloodshot and his mouth smeared with the girls' lipstick.

"What?" he growled

"Get off her! What about Lexi?" I argued. He stood up and the girl walked off, not noticing who it was we brushed her away and directed our attention back onto a very pissed of Cole.

"DUDE, WHAT THE FUCK?! DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" he raised his voice getting really annoyed. We could smell the alcohol and weed from his breath. Shit, I didn't mean for him to get this drunk. By now all the lads, half tipsy were stood behind us.

"What's going on?" Hadrian wondered.

"Cole here was getting a bit hot and heavy: he was having a full out making session with some girl and was practically dry humping her." I spat, annoyed with him.

"COLE!" All the guys shouted.

"WHAT? So what? The girl was hot, she wanted to kiss and I didn't stop her. She's an amazing kisser, then she started to make a move and I let her do it. So what? Lexi isn't here!" The alcohol spoke in the voice of Cole.

"YOU CHEATING BASTARD" A familiar voice screeched behind us. Turning around we all came face to face with Lexi and Hope...

-----

so I decided to upload again, only because I won't be updating in a few weeks now due to exams and revision, hope you enjoy this chapter :) vote, comment, share xxx