Carnival bets and decorations!

Lexi P.O.V

I woke up and stretched as I usually do. I reached up and put my hair up into a messy bun and when I moved my hands from my hair, I noticed something in my fists. I opened them. Blonde strands of my hair were in my hand. I screamed immediately. This couldn’t be happening! Not now! It’s too early! I’d only just started chemo! It’s not fair! I burst into tears and I couldn’t stop. I heard my door slam open and Hope rushed into the room. Her eyes went from my hands to my pillow then to my face. I cried even harder. I’m turning into a sick freak!

She ran at me and jumped on my messy bed, grabbed the hair from my hand, threw it in the bin and hugged me from the side. I buried my head into her shoulder and cried even harder. She made little soothing sounds as she held me, telling me it would be okay. I could feel her body shaking though – a sure sign that she was crying as well. I hated seeing my best friend cry, especially because of me, so I did the one thing that came into my mind. I inhaled, lifted my head from her shoulder and walked to the bathroom and grabbed a pair of scissors.

“LEXI! NO!” Hope screamed. I burst into tears again.

“I’m an ugly freak! What’s the point of watching it fall out? I have to cut my hair! I’m going to look ugly either way so why can’t I start now?” I placed my fingers through the scissor holes and brought the scissors up to my bun. Before I could start cutting away, Hope tackled me and threw the scissors away from me, towards the door. I tried to get up but she pinned me to the ground.

“COLE! AARON! KYE! JAKE! SOMEONE HELP ME!” Hope screamed in panic. Hadrian, Jake and Kye rushed up the stairs and burst through the door. Hope jumped off me and I got up and ran for the scissors. Hadrian intercepted me, picking me up bridal style whilst Jake ran towards the scissors and bent them out of shape so they were unusable.

“YOU BASTARD! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! WHY?!” I screamed at him as the tears flowed down my face faster. Hadrian sat on my bed and altered the position so that I was now on his lap. He cuddled me, comfortingly as I cried.

Why does this have to happen to me?

Why me?

I sat there crying but, other than, that unmoving until I heard Cole’s voice whisper.

“Lexi, why are you crying?” He whispered as all the boys bounced onto my bed circling me. How the hell do we all fit on my bed? Oh wait, it’s queen sized.

“I’m a freak, I’m losing all my hair, I’m ugly, I’m weak and I’m dying.” I sobbed, still in Hadrian’s arms.

“You’re not a freak.” Hadrian looked down at me.

“Who doesn’t lose hair? It’s nothing!” Hope smiled at me with red eyes.

“You’re beautiful.” I could see the truth shining out of Cole’s eyes.

 “You’re the strongest person I know!”  Lee grinned.

“You’re not dying, you’re just ill!” Jake told me.

“You’re lying to make me feel better! WHY DON’T YOU JUST TREAT ME LIKE A NORMAL PERSON?!” My mood had switched from grief to rage as I rolled off my bed and stormed towards my mirror.

“Lexi!” Hope winced at my rage.

“DON’T ‘LEXI’ ME! JUST STOP IT! I’M NOT ILL, I’M DYING! I’M NOT BEAUTIFUL, I’M UGLY! I’M ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS! Why do I even have this mirror?!” The rage took over me as I punched the mirror, shattering the rectangle into millions of tiny fragments. The glass fell to the ground, surrounding me as I lost control and began crying.