wanna dance with somebody

2 weeks later

Lexi P.O.V

As I walked into school, it felt like everything was moving in slow motion: all of the fake smiles I received, the sympathetic gazes they tried to hide. I was growing weaker and everyone had noticed. What used to be me bouncing around the school has now turned into fainting spells in school halls, vomiting every night and crying all the time. I wasn’t alone though: Mark, Cassandra, Lilly, Mary and John had been by my side every single day. Julie and Ryan (Hope’s parents), however, couldn’t bear to see me anymore. I tried to put a smile on their faces but it was almost as if they’d shut me out. I understood why though, since I was essentially their second daughter and it was probably killing them to see me like this.

Cole would sleep with me every night and wake up with me to hold my hair when I was throwing up. Lee would walk in with a glass of water and the rest of the family would stand by the door.

Hope and Hazel didn’t speak very much but then again, neither did the guys. They started losing their matches due to lack of effort.

And me? I’ve been beating myself up. I needed to cheer my friends and family up and I knew what I had to do for that. Returning back to Earth, I walked into my quiet Health and Social Care room. Everyone stared at me and gave me a feeble half-smile. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“HEY! HEY! HEYYY!” I jumped around the room. Ignoring the pain, I smiled and ran around like a loony.

This caused everyone to smile even the teacher who said, “Lexi! Sit down, you’re going to make yourself ill.” The teacher sighed and shook his head. Running up to the front, I took the pen marker out of his hand and wrote on the whiteboard in big bold letters ‘HOW ABOUT A SONG?’

By now everyone was whooping and cheering.  I sat on the teacher’s desk and took a bite out of his fresh apple, causing everyone to laugh as they knew Lexi was back.

“Here’s what we’re going to do!” I wiggled my eyebrows.

Lunch time

I sat down in my usual seat at exactly 1:25pm – the usual time where everyone would sit down and eat in silence. I nodded at Will who was sat with a few of the music maestros. He took his cue and plugged in his phone, beginning started to blast out ‘I wanna dance with somebody”. I jumped onto  the table as everyone looked confusd.

“I wanna dance with somebody!” I screamed.

Music blaring, everyone who was in my class got up and started to dance and sing along with me.

Clock strikes upon the hour
And the sun begins to fade
Still enough time to figure out
How to chase my blues away
Ive done alright up till now
Its the light of day that shows me how
And when the night falls the lonely heart calls

Oh I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me
Oh I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me

By now everyone was dancing, even the teachers!

I’ve been in love and lost my senses
Spinning through the town
Sooner or later the fever ends
And I wind up feeling down
I need a woman who’ll take a chance
On a love that burns hot enough to last
So when the night falls
My lonely heart calls

Oh I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me
Oh I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat
Yeah I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me

Somebody who somebody who
Somebody who loves me
Somebody who somebody who
To hold me in her arms oh
I need a woman who’ll take a chance
On a love that burns hot enough to last
So when the night falls
My lonely heart callllllsssss.

Don’t you wanna dance say you wanna dance
Don’t you wanna dance?
Don’t you wanna dance say you wanna dance
Don’t you wanna dance?
Don’t you wanna dance say you wanna dance?
Uh huh. with somebody who loves me

Everyone who was part of this cheered and took a bow before going back to eating lunch. This time, though, everyone was talking, texting, laughing and smiling. Sitting back down, I looked around. Everyone was back to their normal selves, mission accomplished except… there were two girls who still had sadness shining through their eyes. I took my usual seat in Cole’s lap and leaned over so I was facing Hazel and Hope.

“Hazel, what on earth are you wearing?” I eyed the girl in torn leggings and a scraggy lime coloured jumper.

“Um… it’s all I own…”

“Well you know what that means… Girls were going on a shopping spree!” I giggled, causing them to jump out of their seats and do a weird happy dance. Oh how I love seeing everyone smile!

----------------------

Video to the side. dont worry guys, this is just a filler for now ;) loads more to come, just keep sharing and voting xx