Is a new life possible?

Lexi's P.O.V

"Yes I'm sure..."

"Lexi, it's your choice, I am strongly against it, but it is your choice" Doctor Booth sighed trying to change my mind once again

"We all know I'm not getting better, I can't breathe properly, and I'm in a lot of pain, please just help me with this."

He nodded and signed the papers to stop my treatment and to put me only on morphine to ease the pain. I don't want any more medication. I don't want any more doctors, I just want to be with my friends, my family and not be in pain. I deserve to go in the comfort of my home, happy.

2 months ago.

I was rushed into hospital after I was found passed out on the floor, hallucinating , once again. I had to undergo a number of scans and pain. Once I had woken up all I saw was Hope sat on my bed, she had bags under her eyes, her smile had faded and her clothes were worn out. This was affecting those around me more than me and it was time I put them out of their pain. Once I was able to be discharged, everyone organised my living room to be a bedroom, there was already a bathroom downstairs so I didn't have to walk upstairs. The hospital gave me a bed with an inflatable mattress and put up curtains just past my bed so I could have a bit of privacy. I had a large supply of oxygen tanks next to my bed and I was advised to have a night time carer. but it wasn't necessary as my family stayed with me every single day.

Present time.

I was feeling sick to my stomach every single morning. I was puking and had major cramps. Hope just blamed the lack of medication but in my heart I knew there was something else wrong with me ... and then it hit... I had missed my period.

"This is impossible, I'm going to kill it..." I cried

"Lexi, you've lasted this long, yes you are ill, but you are carrying our child... and I don't care, you are going to bring him or her into this beautiful world." Cole soothed and kissed my broken lips.

Cole would be an amazing father, he's mature, responsible and has a clear future ahead of him, so I know he could raise a child, especially with the support we would get from everyone... but this is a crazy time, can I do it? is it possible? Will I last long enough to feed this child? Will I last long enough to hold this tiny human in my arms?..

------------------------------------------------

Just a small filler chapter. Recently I lost someone very close to me to cancer, and I know the pain they suffered, but I am happy they are finally out of pain and in peace.

I wanted to add something special to the story, should lexi keep the baby? Or is it too late? Let me know your opinions on what you think/want to happen next.

R.I.P Grandad <3