pancakes and football

Hope P.O.V

I wake up due to the sunlight beaming on my face. Why did Lexi leave the blinds wide open? Wait! Where is Lexi? Usually I can feel the weight of her body on the left side of the bed but the bed is empty. My eyes snap open fully only to notice that the only person in this room is myself. I grab my phone from the side table and turn it on: 3:30pm! Wow! No wonder she isn’t here.

 I get up and walk to the mirror. I look at myself and frown: my hair is practically a bird’s nest, my makeup from yesterday smeared everywhere and I’m only wearing a top which I can tell is Aaron’s since he was wearing this yesterday. Wait a minute why am I wearing his top? Did he stay here last night? Only one way to find out, I walk into the en suite and wash my face and tie my hair up in a messy bun. I pull his top a bit down so it passes my thighs.

I walk down to hear someone shuffling in the kitchen with music on. I walk into the kitchen a bit like a zombie and turn the music off. Instantly I hear a number of groans. I walk to the left since the fridge obscured my view of who was in the kitchen. I see Tyler, Hadrian, Cole, Lee, Robert, Jake and Will. My eyes snap open yet again. Why on earth were they here? Where is Lexi? Just before I speak, I notice everyone eyes on my bare legs. Lexi steps into my view and wolf whistles.

“Dayummm girl! Talk about trying to impress the guys.” she laughs.

“I…I...” I stammered.

They all just start laughing at my clueless face. I just run towards the fridge door and hide from the pervs who were staring at my legs.

“What are they doing here Lexi?”

“They stayed over, you would know that if you hadn’t passed out in the car.”

“You let me get drunk?” I half screamed.

“Hey! Don’t blame me, you should thank me for saving you from dying.”

“What are you talking about?”                                                                                                     

“You fell in the pool and started to drown so I jumped in and saved your drunken soggy ass.”

“Hey! Don’t diss my ass.” I smirk

Lexi just smiles and walks to the guys, holding 2 plates full of pancakes and gestures for me to come sit. I just look at her trying to give her the ‘help me’ stare. She rolls her eyes and takes off her apron and throws it to me, I put it on around my waist and walk up to the table.

“Lexi, you made pancakes?”

“Do you not know me? It’s store brought but I heated it up.” I smirked about how well I knew her.

“Oh I knew, I just wanted to see if you were going to admit it.” I smiled and picked up a pancake stuffing it in my mouth. Everyone just looked at me, shrugged it off and copied me; I guess I wasn’t the only hungry one.

Cole P.O.V

After we had all scarfed down some delicious pancakes, we all went to sit outside in Lexi’s garden. All night I couldn’t stop thinking about the night before: specifically the conversation I had with Lexi. We talked about everything starting with my life and ending up about her family and her past. She has been arrested 13 times. She also told me all about the bet with her family and why she acts like the way she does.

From what I gathered, she is the most popular girl in town, everyone knows her for her parties and her rich family. To my shock no one appears to hate her for it. She has great friends and has a good relationship with all her neighbours. She even set up an annual party in the local old people’s home just to make them smile and dance. She received a lot of money from her dad but she would rather make her own money which she does by having a part time job in a diner as well as street racing. She is a bit of a tomboy as she knows everything about cars and racing but is also girly when it comes to fashion and everything else. We can’t forget the most important thing: she’s H-O-T!

“Watch out!” Jake screamed as the football came hurtling towards Hope. Her scream snapped out of my thoughts. I jumped off the chair and threw myself towards Hope and I caught the ball. This is why I was quarterback I smiled to myself.

“Good catch bro.” Jake laughed and I threw the ball back to the lads. Lexi was just laughing and I turned around to notice Hope frozen on the spot out of shock. I also laughed, like Lexi, and sat back down.

“Girls.” I muttered to myself.

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?” Lexi huffed.

“It means that all girls are weak and act like kids” I spat out not caring about her opinion.

“Weak? Weak! I play football! Does that make me weak?” she answered now standing up

“I bet I can beat you at football!” I grinned.

“Oh, it’s on! 5 on 5!” She started to walk to the boys, I followed her.

“Guys, this tool thinks he can beat me at football, 5 on 5. Who wants to play?” Lexi announced to the guys. As she announced this, Kye and Luke walked into her garden and overheard. We were now in groups of 5: Luke, Tyler, Aaron and Jake and I on one team and Lexi, Robert, Will, Kye and Hadrian on the other team.

Game on!

So sorry for the late update, I’m just in shock how I asked for 750 reads and I ended up getting 900 wow, a big THANKYOU!!!!!!!  Okay I’m going to be greedy and ask for 1000 reads. Sorry for the small chapter, but don’t worry the next one is much longer and better!!