Street Race

3rd Person P.O.V

"GO!" Both girls screamed as they threw themselves to the side.

All four cars set off, with Lexi in third position. She shifted a little to get comfortable and looked in her rear view mirror to look at where her opponents were. She couldn't see anyone so she assumed that they were far behind until she felt her car being smashed on the left side. She immediately whipped her head to the left to see who had hit her. It was the blonde guy (Lilo) and he looked rough as though he had slept in that T-shirt and jeans for the past week.

"Boys!" Lexi sighed. She rolled her eyes and pressed onto the gas pedal, leaving Lilo behind. She looked at the speedometer and, even though she felt as though she was only doing 60MPH, she discovered she was actually going at 125MPH. She was surprised but she smirked at the fact that the car she was in was a pretty smooth ride.

"Okay. Enough playing around, let's see what this baby can do!" Lexi mumbled to herself. She changed gears and swerved around the two cars in front of her. Brent and Paddy looked at Lexi's car in disbelief and sped up, trying to get rid of her. Brent swerved his car sharply to the left to avoid the barrier and as he did this, he crashed into Paddy, sending their cars flying off the course. Lexi smirked, knowing that she was going to become rich...er.

As the crowd watched the race from the hill, they saw how the two cars at the front had crashed. Lilo and Lexi's supporters cheered at the sight and Hope squeezed Aaron's hand – yes, they were a couple: they had been for about a year – and shut her eyes. Hope was the type of popular cheerleader who loved to watch street racing. However, she hated people getting hurt, she did a lot of volunteer work and was well mannered unlike her best friend. Lexi was a wild party animal, loves racing but hated children and old people even though she helps old people a lot. She did have a huge heart though and helped anyone and everyone who needed it.

Lilo drifted his car sharply around a right turn, following Lexi closely. Lilo moved his car alongside Lexi's so they were now in line together on the dirt track. Lexi looked at Lilo and winked at him. With that, she changed gears and turned left so that she was now in front of Lilo.

"One of the oldest tricks in the book!" Lexi laughed. As she turned her car right, Lexi realised that in approximately 25 seconds, they would be leaving the deserted dirt track and be entering a busy main road. This was her favourite part of the race. However, by looking in the rear view mirror, she could see the fear in Lilo's face at the 'road ahead' signs.

Both cars swerved out onto the busy road. With Lexi in the lead, she dodged the car in front of her as she moved to the left side of the road. Lexi laughed as she saw Lilo getting stuck behind many cars. Lexi turned to face the road once again and screamed. She hadn't noticed that that the traffic light had turned red. She swerved past all the cars that were coming towards her. Luckily, she was an experienced driver and had managed to make it out alright.

Well that's what she thought, as she got back onto the right side of the road she passed and dodged many cars until there was two lorries, one on the right lane and on the right, she drove in the middle not noticing that the lorry on the left was indicating that they wanted to switch lanes to the middle, as the lorry started to switch lanes her car was now getting crushed as she was in the middle.

She tried going faster but the gap was getting narrower by the minute. She was stuck and knew if she didn't get out of this situation she was going to die by getting squashed during a street race.

The whole front part of her car was destroyed and the body of the car was getting ruined, she needed to get out of the situation and fast. She didn't want to ruin the beautiful car anymore since it wasn't hers to ruin. So she tried a new trick. She pressed down on her breaks. The car stopped and her whole body shook. She watched as the two lorries were now way past her. She sighed in relief until she saw Lilo car pass her and him laughing.

"Shit!"

She raced forwards trying to catch up with Lilo as she did this she saw the signs for "The Hill" she followed them and turned right. She knew that she was coming to the end of the race since she could see a crowd forming. She knew that if she didn't pass Lilo now, she was going to lose.

She changed the clutch furiously. She saw a red button near the window wipers manual button she decided to take the chance and press it causing the whole car to shake , she had realised that she had pressed the nitro button since her car was now going 195mph,her hair was flying viciously which she was loving, she passed Lillo's car and cheered. She could see the finish line and decided to annoy Lilo.

She was sure to win.

She squeezed into to the left lane, before she turned back into her previous position she pulled down the handbrake and spun her wheel and pulled it back up again causing her car to turn round to a 90 degree angle so now her car was in front of his facing him, his face dropped whereas Lexi just smirked and pressed down on the pedal causing the car to drive backwards, he tried swerving to the left to try over take her but she was too skilful for his antique moves she moved her car to the left mirroring his moves, she could see him getting frustrated since he was now cussing a bit too loudly.

Lexi P.O.V

I could now see in my rear mirror everyone standing where we first started; I was leading with Lilo behind me still trying to overtake me. The crowd went wild when they saw my car leading backwards. I had known I had won so I dodged out of the way and spun my wheel so I was now facing the correct way.

LEXI! LEXI! LEXI! LEXI!

I WON...Oh my god! This girl still got the moves! Who knew? I thought to myself.

I decided to make a grand entrance so I climbed out the widow and jumped onto the top of the car. I could now see everyone including the boys and Hope surrounding my car cheering, I threw my arms in the air causing everyone to go wild.

I jumped down and winked at Lilo once again. He nodded trying to hide his anger. I just smiled. Walking towards Will he handed me the money. I put it into my pocket; I threw the keys back to Aaron.

"Sorry about your car" I said to him as he walked up to the car.

"No you're not" he laughed eying the damages and started working out the cost.

I shushed the crowed; they were all now quiet with big smiles on their faces.

"LEXI IS BACK, SO REMEMBER THAT, LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED... AGAIN!" I screamed

Kye turned on the music and we all started to dance. Everyone was now spread out enjoying the party. Until we saw red and blue lights flashing in the distance speeding towards us.

"IT'S THE COPS, RUN!" someone screamed.

Everyone ran to their cars and started to panic, I knew I had to help them out; I ran back to Aaron's car and threw him my keys.

"Take the Audi with the guys and take them back home, I'll get rid of the cops." I jumped back into the battered up car and started the ignition. I watched as many cars drove away trying to hide.

I raced towards the police. About 7 police cars noticed me and started to follow, I knew I had to get them out of the scene as I had no other option since I didn't want any of my friends getting caught. I led the police onto the busy streets again, I passed many stop signs and red lights trying to get them away, but they just kept getting closer, if I got caught I wouldn't mind but when I did they would go straight back to trying to find my friends so I needed to stall them.

I swerved past many cars and streets, I did this for about 7 minutes, I knew that my friends were now long gone so I decided to put the officers out of their misery, I drove into a backstreet and slowed down. I knew all of the police tricks so I knew that half of them would go around so that their cars we could be facing me and I would be trapped I gave them time to do this. As I saw them parked up I parked my car towards them and just smiled.

I got out the car.

"PUT YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD AND STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR ... LEXI!" Officer Frank said out loud, Officer Frank knew me well. From the amount of times I've been arrested, which cop wouldn't?

I followed the usual instructions knowing them off by heart and let him put the cuffs on. As he led me towards his parole car I whispered, "Looking well frank" and laughed as he sighed and put me in his car.