Chapter Eight

Louis' P.O.V

“I’m home!” I called out, walking through the front door of the house. “Louis, come into the kitchen for a second.” My mum stated with suspicion in her voice. I was confused as I dropped my bag on the couch and walked into the dining room. Mark, my step-dad, was sitting at the table, his face red with anger and his hands clasped tightly together in front of him.

            “What’s the matter?” I asked out of curiosity. Mark looked up at me with daggers and he point at the chair across from him, telling me to sit down. “Louis, one of your friends just left something for us from your boyfriend’s house. Why do you have a boyfriend?! That is just wrong! Nothing in nobody’s right mind should even love like that! No son or stepson of mine is going to be gay.” He growled at me. I looked at my mom for support but she kept looking at the ground, avoiding my eye contact.

              “W-what’s wrong with that? You are my stepfather, wouldn’t you love me unconditionally?” I shrank back in my seat, tears pricking at my eyes. He slammed his fists down on the table and stood up. “NOT IF HE IS GOING TO BE GAY! BOYS SHOULD LOVE GIRLS, NOT OTHER GUYS!” He practically screamed in my face. I stood up along with him, anger soon taking over the fear.

            “There is nothing wrong! If you really loved me, you would support me!” I yelled louder. He stomped over to me and poked a finger into my chest. “NO! YOU EITHER CHANGE OR YOU CAN GET OUT!” He ordered me. I shook my head and couldn’t believe I still have courage. “No I am not getting out of my own house I have lived in longer than you have!”

            “L-Louis, why are you yelling?” I heard two voices say. I looked to the entrance of the dining room and saw Daisy and Phoebe looking scared out of their minds. I turned to them. “Just an issue, everything will be ok-.” I was cut off from my sentence when a strong impact came to my jaw.

            I stumbled back from the punch and looked at Mark in disbelief. I heard Daisy and Phoebe telling Mark to stop but he didn’t listen. I felt another punch to my stomach and I fell to the ground. Daisy and Phoebe were yelling for Fizzy and Lottie. Mom ran out of the room as another kick to my ribs made me groan. If only they knew that I get this already from school. I could feel blood trickling down my face and on to the top of my button up shirt.

^^^^

I woke up with a start, sweating and tears welling up my eyes. That wasn’t just a bad dream, although I wish it was. It was just the bad memory that will haunt me forever. I can’t live it down, no matter what. I miss my sisters so much. The last time I saw them was when I ran away after Mark was done with me and then I came back late that night so I could say goodbye to them and get some clothes. I remember when Daisy and Phoebe started crying saying that they didn’t want to live with him and that they didn’t want me to leave. Those moments made me cry harder; seeing them looking so frightened.

            I then left a note saying that I will go, as long he doesn’t hurt the girls. I didn’t say goodbye to my mom because she didn’t even stand up for her own son. She just ran out of the room like a coward, not helping me. I saw the shirt hanging slightly over the edge of the dresser. I started getting panicky thinking about it. I started sobbing but something moved next to me. “L-Louis, Louis what’s the matter?!” Harry exclaimed frantically pulling himself up and wrapping his warm arms around me.

            What if he doesn’t like me anymore because I don’t have any family to lean on? What if he just leaves me because I was a lowlife loser in school that ran away from everything, family, and a boyfriend? My whole body started to shake, my body telling me that I am having anxiety or a panic attack.

 “Louis, calm down. Its okay, I’m here. Please just stop crying.” Harry whispered soothingly into my ear. I snuggled into his chest and eventually calmed down. I usually get the panic attacks if I have flashbacks or just bad dreams.

            “Now can you tell me what happened?” Harry asked, pulled my head gently away from his chest and looking into my blue eyes with his green ones. I took a deep breath and kissed him lovingly. “W-well, my family didn’t know I had a boyfriend and my stepfather, Mark, didn’t seem to like it after a friend dropped off one of my jackets from my boyfriend’s house. Mark kept saying that if…if I don’t change then he would kick me out. I…I didn’t give in and so h-he kept punching me and…and kicking me. My sisters kept trying to tell him to stop but h-he wouldn’t. That shirt over there was the one I wore the day he hurt me. It has a blood stain on the collar.” I kept tripping over my words because I didn’t know what he would think.

            “Oh Boo. You don’t have to worry about him.” He kissed my forehead repeatedly. “I just get these…panic attacks sometimes from it. I guess you could call it a trauma thing…” I mumbled, burying my face into his neck. I left little kisses on his neck and felt him shiver. I chuckled softly and wrapped my arms around his torso.

            “Does your family know about you?” I asked leaning up to look in his luscious green eyes. I wanted to change the subject before I think about it too much again. His eyes averted down to his lap and I got curious. “Well, um they do. But um, I would get made fun of all the time in high school, but now I wish I was back there; there wasn’t that many people hurting me. But they started making fun of my sister, Gemma, for it. I started to think that I let my family down. So I finished high school and moved here to London.” He whispered.

            I took his face in my hands gently placed my lips on his. He placed his hands in my hair and gripped it lightly. I moved my lips with his. All of this raw emotion that Harry put in the kiss made me sadder and I put as much passion to cheer him up.

 I pulled away slightly so that our lips are still touching. “So, how is that new tattoo?” I asked, my lips brushing over his. He chuckled, with his throat vibrating. “It’s the best tattoo I have gotten. And I won’t forget the time before and the time after I got it.” He said cheekily, referring to the day I asked him out.

            “Let’s get back to sleep.” I said with a yawn following after. I kissed his lips, leaving them for a while long. “Night, Boobear.” He whispered in my ear, making me shiver. I mumbled a goodnight to him and wrapped my arms around his torso.