Chapter Nine

Harry's P.O.V

I woke up to empty sheets next to me and I sighed. Louis had that bad dream about his past and it is killing me. Who could be that horrible to their own stepson? I know there are homophobes out there but Louis didn’t deserve that, and he already got the treatment from school!

            A beeping sound brought me back from my thoughts. I looked around and it was the fire alarm. I jumped out of bed and headed for the kitchen. “Louis! What are you doing?!” I yelled through the smoke. I heard him cough and say, “Um, trying to cook?” He said more of a question. I got closer to him and turned off the stove. I went to the windows and opened them to air out the smoke that seemed to thin out more and more.

            “Now, I know I am amazing but you don’t have to try cooking like I am the Queen.” I stated with a smirk. He pouted and sat down on the ground with his back against the drawers of the counter. He brought his knees up to his chest. I chuckled and sat down next to him. “Hey now, let’s make breakfast together.” I suggested. He looked up at me with a twinkle in his eyes and nodded.

            I got up slowly and threw away the ‘remains’ of the breakfast he made. “Okay Boo, could you hand me the eggs, milk, bacon?” I asked him, as he came into view with some pajama bottoms on. I then realized that I am still in my boxers. Oh well.

            “Okay here you go love.” Louis whispered in my ear, making shivers run up and down my spine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leant his head over the side to watch me cook. “I didn’t know you could cook! Maybe you should move in with me so I don’t have the risk of burning the house down everyday instead of Liam picking up something for me from Star Bucks” I laughed at that and nodded.

            I finally finish the breakfast and gave a plate to Louis. He moved his chair around the table to mine. “Feed me!” He exclaimed with a childish voice, opening his mouth, waiting for me to put food in his mouth. I picked up a piece of egg with my fork and put it gently in his mouth. “Is it good babe?” I asked, waiting for his answer. “Yes now you eat the breakfast and we can save the cliché movie thing going on right now for later.” It’s like he read me mind. “Wait! Harry, don’t you have to get going?” I looked up at the clock hanging off the wall and see that it is ten o’clock.

            “Lou, it is Saturday.” I stated bluntly with a smirk. He rolled his eyes and giggled. “Hey Lou, can you tell me a little bit about your family? You don’t have to answer I just want to know.” I could see him flinch but relax as I put my palm to his cheek. He leaned in slightly to my touch and took a deep breath.

            “Well, I have four sisters. Their names are Charlotte, but I call her Lottie, Felicite, I call her Fizzy, and then twins, Daisy and Phoebe.” He smiled slightly at saying their names and I knew that he misses them. “Harry, have you talked to your mom since you left?” I was startled by the change of subject.

            “Yes, she called once she realized that I went missing. I told her I am going to UNI and that she doesn’t need to worry about me. I still send her, Gemma, and my mum’s husband Christmas presents or things for their birthdays. But other than that, I haven’t spoken to anyone in my family since I left.” I sighed. He nodded, understanding the situation.

            “Yea but I got you!” I exclaimed with a wide grin. He nodded enthusiastically and gave me a peck on the lips. I smiled lightly and grabbed the plates to put in the sink.

            I was washing the plates off when warm arms wrapped around my waist. I giggled at the contact, making me sound like a total twelve year old girl. “Hey babe…” Louis trailed off, tightening his grip. I put the plates gently down in the sink and turned around. I smiled lightly and put my arms around his neck.