#10

"I can't believe you!" I screamed, shoving Simon with all my strength. I dropped to the ground, cradling the animal in my arms as it whimpered.

"It's just a squirrel." Simon laughed but he sighed when he saw how upset I was and dropped down next to me, tentatively putting out his hand to stroke it. "I'm sorry, little guy."

I sniffed, watching as it's breathing got slower and inevitably stopped. A single tear fell onto its fur along with the rain, the sky was crying for the little animal.

"I swear, I didn't even see it!" Simon swore and looked away from the lifeless squirrel. A minute later, he pulled off his hoodie and wrapped it inside, then walked towards the forest.

"What are you doing?" I called out, curiously.

"Burying it."

-

We had been driving, Simon had borrowed this car off one of his friends and invited me for a ride, I was anxious about it but I trusted him now.

I saw the other side of Simon that day as he turned up the radio and sang to me, horribly out of tune but it was beautiful how happy he was. He drove faster than the speed limit but I suddenly didn't care anymore.

"Hey," I asked him, "What's your favourite colour?"

He looked over at me, swiftly. Frowning as he thought about it, then a smile settled on his face. "Red."

"Red?" I questioned, "why?"

"It's the colour your cheeks go when I look at you." He replied, a wicked grin on his face.

And, with all the irony on earth, I blushed red.

-

We buried the squirrel and Simon turned to me, chewing on his lip as he was clearly considering something.

"My parents abandoned me."

I inhaled sharply, my mouth failing open as I shook my head. "Simon." I whispered, looking into his eyes. "I'm so sorry."

He looked away for a while. "It's okay, i don't really remember them. It happened when I was four."

I sat with him, in a comfortable silence as the pattering of rain fell around us. The woods were a beautiful place, full of browns and reds and orange. The trees towered above us, home to so many family of birds. It was peaceful.

"Your turn." He said, breaking the silence.

I raised my eyebrows, confused.

"Confess something."

We played this game for a while and I found out so many little details about the boy I thought was so empty of emotion. He was terrified of spiders and he apparently loved my name with a passion.

"Willow. There's something so ethereal about it, I love how it sounds." He smiled. "Maybe I'll name my first daughter after you."

"Daughter?" I laughed.

"I want a family." He confessed, his eyes full of longing. "A perfect family.

I snorted. "Can't imagine that."

"Why not?" Simon's eyes narrowed and I tried to ignore how his voice became deeper and husky.

"You don't strike me as the corny dad type." I stated, bravely.

"What do I strike you as?" He asked, frowning as he waited for my answer, subconsciously sucking on his snake bites and I started to think about how cold those metal piercings would feel in my mouth.

"Just," I searched for something to say in retaliation, "Shut up!"

And Simon didn't even have to think about it, he was so used to being a smart ass that he already had an automated response to that.

"Make me."

And by sheer inertia, I grabbed the neck of his shirt and clashed our lips together. I would've pulled away, being spontaneous wasn't me at all but suddenly I felt the cold metal of his piercings and I was frozen.

We were kissing, it was aggressive and rough and everything like how first kisses with Simon Minter should be. I felt like I was flying, my heart soaring over the stars. He was kissing me back, and the rain was making it so wet and it was perfect.

"That was totally unexpected." He breathed as he pulled away. I giggled, my eyes were sparkly and lips flushed from what had just happened. I felt something bubble inside of me like a sort of nervous excitement.

I turned to face him and I was once again struck by his beauty. The smooth contours of his face and I noted the stubble along his jaw. And those eyes damn. I tilted his face towards mine and his lips tugged into a small smile looking at me expectantly. I leaned in and peppered small kisses along his jaw which made him laugh.

And I knew I was in trouble when I looked up into his eyes and noticed how they glistened under the sky and the clouds, looking happily at me.

Then he grabbed me and pulled me into him, arms tightly wrapped around me. Simon was cuddling me. Simon Minter, badass and the school's bully was cuddling me.

"You don't really smoke, do you?" I asked thoughtfully,lifting the cigarette from behind his ear. It was a dangerous habit that I couldn't picture him having. The thing about smoking was that you become dependant on that sort of relief. It takes over your life and suddenly you can't rest without lighting up another tube of chemicals.

"Nah, just old habits die hard." Simon replied, still holding me tightly.

"Okay." I sighed in content.

a/n

i smoked a cigarette once, it was fucking disgusting :( don't do that shit, ever!!!

-mia xxx