#35

As things slowly stopped spinning around me, I realised I was in a room. A large, empty room that appeared to have metallic walls. I also realised I was locked and strapped down to a metal chair by handcuffs. It was too dark to make out anything and the whole room was so painfully quiet.

I wanted to scream but I couldn't seem to find my voice. My stomach felt bruised but I didn't even care, all I knew is that our plan had failed- miserably.

A clicking sound brought me back to reality. Then lights flickered on, slightly hurting my eyes as I adjusted to the harshness of it all. Someone was in front of me, I looked down at the floor.

"Hello, you must be Miss Evans." A velvety deep voice rang out in the empty room. I dared to glance upwards and I found the grey-eyed monster I loathed so much.

"What have you done with my friends?" My voice came out surprisingly calm, despite the circumstances.

He chuckled, there was something sinister about the noise that was supposed to be a happy noise.

"Your friends are dead."

His words echoed in the barren room and lingered even after he had stopped speaking. He was still smiling, a twisted grin on his face like he enjoyed this.

I shook my head, furiously.

"You're lying!" I spat out even though, deep down, I knew he was not.

"I do not lie, Miss Evans." He spoked calmly, still smiling.

My vision turned red. I suddenly flipped out, furiously trying to rid myself of the handcuffs causing them to rattle and clang as I struggled. All I wanted was to inflict the same pain on this monster that he had inflicted on me. I started screaming, screaming until my voice was hoarse. My shrill cries ringing out in this empty room and soon they turned to wailing.

I was exhausted, all the fight taken out of me and now I was just empty. My brother, my best friends,my boyfriend had been taken away from me. There was nothing left except despair.

It was suddenly cold, not physically but I was shivering, trembling and my vision was blurred with tears.

"Please," I sobbed.

"Please, what? Miss Evans, I want to hear you say it."

"Kill me."

I heard a sigh and then another sharp clicking noise rang out.

A figure came walking out of a corner of the room. I had to strain my eyes to see who it was but the stranger had a hood covering their face.

I frowned, "Who is that?"

Eric twisted his face into what I presumed was a smile, "Finally-" he sighed, "-my son and I have reunited."

"Son?" I questioned, "who-"

The words died down in my mouth as the stranger shrugged back his hood.

"Simon." I gasped, appalled.

I squeezed my eyes shut so hard I started to see shapes and colours but when they opened again, he was still there.

"No," My voice was weak with disbelief, "-I thought you were dead!" I screamed.

I span wildly around to Eric. "You lied to me! Where are my friends?!"

He just stared at me, his expression blank and closed off.

"Answer me!" I screamed, suddenly burning with rage.

Click.

I paused to look up and directly in front of me was the barrel of a gun, I blinked in surprise and then looked past it to see my beloved Simon with his hand on the trigger.