#31

I woke up with a faint smile plastered on my face, recalling last nights events. The light from the sun was filtering through my blinds and casting pretty shadows on my white duvet. I yawned and rolled over to see if Simon was awake, too.

The bed was empty. I sat up properly, looking around frantically. Oh please, no. This isn't happening, I threw the covers off and stumbled to my feet, the room suddenly felt cold and empty.

Then, the door handle twisted and Simon strolled in, holding a plate stacked with pancakes. His smile dropped when he noticed the state I was in. He set the tray down and then rushed over to me, concern was apparent on his face.

"What's wrong, babe?" He said, gripping my hands tightly in his.

I let out a sob and fell into his arms, holding him tight against me so I could feel his warmth. "I-I thought you left." I whispered in this small voice.

I felt Simon tense up at my words and he stepped back to cup my face in his hands. "No," he said softly, "-never again."

I nodded, my vision was a little blurred from the tears welling up in my eyes but I could see the urgency in his eyes. He needed me to trust him.

"I'm scared." I said, not letting my eyes leave his face.

I heard his sharp intake of breath and I instantly regretted the words that tumbled out of my mouth. They were true, though. I was so scared because I know how I fell blindly in love with Simon and I had my heart broken. How could I trust him, knowing he broke my heart? I love him, I do but it's going to take some time before I wake up without the fear that's he's not there.

"I thought you wanted this." He said, almost painfully.

I led him to the bed and sat down, facing him. "I do," I said, "-but I'm afraid you're going to leave me again."

Simon nodded and he had tears of his own making his eyes glisten.

"However long it takes, I'm going to be right here with you. No way am I ever letting go of what we have, it's special and unique," he let out a small laugh, "-and I love you."

"I love you too," I smiled, "I'm never going to get tired of hearing you say that."

He flashed me a crooked grin. "And I'm never going to get tired of saying it."

Then he leaned in to place a sweet kiss on my lips.

"By the way, I made you breakfast. You once told me pancakes were your favourite." He chuckled, handing me a plate.

"You remember?" I questioned, taking a bite out of the warm food.

"Of course." He said defensively. "I recall having a huge crush on you and I literally listen to everything you say."

I finished chewing to press a short kiss to his lips.

"Mmm, you taste like syrup." He whispered against my mouth.

I laughed and shoved him backwards, continuing my breakfast. "Have you eaten?"

"Yup," he nodded, "-with your mum and she was showing me some adorable pictures of your younger self."

I brought my hands to my face, horrified. "She did not!" I gasped.

Simon laughed, "You looked so cute, Willow!"

I narrowed my eyes at him, pretending to be annoyed. "Oh, shut up." I huffed as he carried on laughing at me, I shoved some pancake in his mouth to stop him. He smiled and started chewing, winking at me.

"Babe, I'm going to go home and get changed then I'll come back okay?" Simon said after we had finished breakfast.

"Okay." I pouted. "Be quick."

"I will." He kissed me quickly and then left the room and I heard him softly tread downstairs, quiet like a cat.

I turned around to see something flash on the bed, I walked to inspect the object and realised it was Simon's phone. My cheeks flushed red when I saw that his lockscreen was a picture of me, smiling at him with such love in my eyes. I don't remember him taking the picture but it made my heart flutter in my chest.

"I thought I'd left something."

Simon came into the room, grinning as he held out his hand. I put the phone in it and then threw my arms around his waist, hugging him close to me. He immediately returned the hug, kissing the top of my head.

"I'll see you soon." He reassured and then left, leaning the door open.

I sighed and went to have a shower, grabbing a towel from the cupboard. I let the feeling of warm water soothe me as I took a second to close my eyes and smile, proud that for the first time in weeks I'm not crying along with the water.

Once I had finished up, I wandered downstairs. My damp curls left to air dry and I walked into the kitchen. My mum was making some tea for herself.

"Hey mum." I greeted her with a hug.

"Good morning, darling." She turned to smile at me. "You look so much better, wow."

I smiled. "I feel better."

"So I've heard, I had a nice chat with Simon this morning. I must say, I like him far more than that snobby Charlie kid." She said.

"Mum! Why did you show him my baby pictures." I whined, ignoring her comment about Charlie.

"You were the sweetest girl, Willow. Always a happy baby." My mum said, gazing at me suddenly like she was remembering something.

"I hardly remember my childhood." I laughed.

"Well I certainly will never forget the time you decided to give yourself a haircut and ended up with a bald patch." She laughed, sighing at the memory.

I went a little red. "Hey do you remember my imaginary friend that I had until I was like five or something." I giggled.

"Ah yes! What was his name?"

"Harold." I laughed, "I swear he was like my best friend until I grew out of it."

"Mm." My mum looked away for a second, her whole expression changing. It was only for a split second and then she smiled again. "Want some tea?"

-

I was starting to become anxious, Simon had said he'd be quick but now it had almost been an hour. I decided to try his phone.

He answered on the third ring. "Hey babe."

"Hey," I tried to sound normal, "Where are you?"

"Oh! I'm sorry I've taken so long but something got in the way. I'll explain it all, on my way to yours now."

"Oh, okay. See you then."

"Bye."

Then the line went dead.

Shortly after, the doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to meet Simon. Flinging open the door, I sighed in relief seeing him all in one piece.

"I was starting to get worried." I smiled, stepping forward to kiss him and then I stopped. There was another boy behind him, shorter than Simon and he was practically grinning from ear to ear. I found myself smiling back at him, even though I was quite shy with strangers.

"Hi! I'm Ethan." He said and laughed, "-and you're Willow."

I nodded, shyly. Already liking this boy because of his friendly nature.

"I can see why Simon goes on about you like you put the stars in the sky, you're way prettier than I expected." He laughed again.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Ethan is going to help us." Simon said, "We have a plan."

"For Eric?" I asked, suddenly nervous.

"Yes, and if the boys are willing to help then this will really work."

I smiled. "Tell me everything."