#14

It was really bugging me. I had tried to accept that Simon was keeping me safe but I felt so in the dark with the whole situation. It scared me, what Simon was mixed up in and I could almost hear my mother's voice telling me to not get involved.

Trying to push all these thoughts away, I instead concentrated on my test. I had to present the counter argument for Animal Testing Eradication. A few months ago, I would've been so passionate and into things like this but honestly it made my head swim.

I chewed on the tip of my pencil staring at the words on the sheet until they went blurry. Rearranging themselves into nonsense. I sighed and leaned back, sneaking a glance behind me at Simon. He was on his phone,sniggering about something with JJ.

Where was Josh?

I turned and my eyes swept the classroom, finally landing on a mop of brown hair with hazel eyes. He was sat next to a blonde girl, Freya. I was astonished, Josh was choosing her over his friends? I always knew he had a kind heart even if he did put up this mask.

The bell finally rang,freeing me from my thoughts. I shoved the unfinished exam onto the pile and hurriedly walked out of the classroom.

I suddenly missed my friends, I missed hanging out with Tobi,Vik and Kayleigh. We were complete nerds, watching marathons of movies and going into town. Law abiding citizens.

I rushed to my dorm since it was free period and was delighted to see Kayleigh was there. I ran and grabbed her into a hug.

"Will! Wow haven't seen you around lately." She exclaimed,hugging me back.

Then a knock came at the door. I took a deep breath, composed myself and opened it. But it was just Vik.

"Heyy!" He smiled, walking in and hugging me. I sniffed, he was wearing cologne and I noticed he shaved aswell. Plaid shirt, smart jeans and clean trainers? I pulled him to the side, smirking.

"You're taking her on a date right?" I hissed with excitement. He couldn't contain his smile and nodded, blushing red. I hugged him in excitement, jumping up and down. They were made for each other.

Kayleigh then entered the room, looking very pretty and also- shy? Wow. This was happening.

"Hey." She said faintly to Vik and the turned to me. "Uh we're going out, sorry for leaving you but you should call Tobi." She smiled, her cheeks turning pink and it wasn't the blusher.

"Okay, have fun you two." I smiled, taising my eyebrows and watched them go feeling happy. It almost pained me to see them openly together, Vik could take her on dates and show her off to his friends.

I shook my head firmly ridding myself of my thoughts and pulled out my phone to call Tobi.

3 unread messages:

Simon: where did you run off to after class? I tried to catch up but you sprinted off at top speed. If I didn't know better I'd think you used to be a long distance runner.

Simon: Hello? Are you ignoring me, the bad boy you see right through. Okay. Rude.

Simon: Willow?

I deleted them, pursing my lips and channeling all the self control I had. Then dialed Tobi's number.

-

The sun was already going down and I'd had a great time just goofing around with my best friend. We had done a Star Wars marathon and then had a fight with cardboard pretending they were lightsabers. Yeah we were nerds- and Star Wars trash.

"Okay, I officially need more popcorn." I announced, getting up to grab some. Tobi was sprawled out on our cushion fort that we had made facing the TV. Except our TV only played CDs which was slightly annoying but we got on.

I came back and set down the fourth bowl of popcorn we had devoured.

"Right, next movie."