I dont understand ( Chapter 9)

This is going to be your daughters story. :)

"Mom I'm going to go outside!" I shout "Okay but please be safe." Y/N said. I walked outside and into the forest, my mother said she had a past lover who lived in the forest but she never really talked about him, but ever seens my father died in a car crash and my brother finishing school she hasn't talked much. I started hearing sirens, I ran to my house to see the house on fire. 'My moms still in there' I thought, I went inside with no one seeing me and looking for my mom, the smoke became to much and I couldn't breathe, I fainted and the thing I saw was a hooded figure picking me up. I woke up in the hospital, I started freaking out remembering. A nurse came in and calmed me down "Where's my mother?" I asked "I'm sorry sweetie she didn't make it." The nurse said looking down, I felt tears run down my cheeks. "Your brother is busy sighing papers to let you go." The nurse said and I nodded with tears in my eyes. My brother walked in and ran up to me and hugged me. "S-She's gone." I whispered sobbing into my brothers shoulder. "I know but she wouldn't want you to be up set." He said and I nodded. "Where are we going to live?" I asked "Well your going to live in the apartment I bought but (daughters name) i have to go back to the college." My brother said and I nodded looking down. We got to his well my apartment, we went into side and saw my cloths I keep here when I sleep over. "I have to go but I'll see you next weekend, okay?" My brother asked and I nodded hugging him and he hugged back. He left and I sighed.