It just seems weird (chapter 31)

I grabbed my dagger and went to stand in front of X. I looked at him to see him standing normally, he didn't bother going into a fighting stance. I didn't either, I never did I was surprised he didn't. Everyone I knew that I have fought would stand ready for a fight, I was the normally the only one who didn't but he seemed not to. "Go." E.j said. Neither of us moved until I took a step forward, he came at me with his staff but I ducked and moved to the opposite side. He turned to me but I was already to close to back away, I went to hit his shoulder but I missed by an inch as he moved with speed. He went to pretend stab me with the knife thing at the top of his staff but I jumped over him. He seemed a little taken back but he recovered and turned around hitting me in the side, I didn't help or squeal I stood my ground and grabbed his staff. I yanked it from him and threw it up in the air. He came at me with a fist but I was already behind him, the staff came down and I grabbed it with my empty hand. I was fast and I held my dagger to his neck as I held his staff to his side. "Your dead." I said smirking staring him in his eyes. Something about his scent and eyes were familiar, everything about him was so familiar but I didn't bother trying to figure it out. I gave him his staff back and went to walk away but Ben and the others stopped me. "Your getting better D/n." Slender said as I smiled. "Yeah." I said trying to push past everyone but they wouldn't let me pass. "You gotta train with me." Liu said as I smiled weakly. "As soon as I get a glass of water." I said as everyone finally let me go into the mansion. Before I walked in I heard Ben talking to my mother, "She doesn't seem well."