A Bump In The Cycle {Chp 13}

(Authors note: yes, I skipped a lot of time)   

Senior year, It's been a rough semester. Rougher than classes have ever been for me. Kevin moved and moved schools along with that. I haven't seen him since the first month of junior summer and now it was March and exams were coming up sooner than I was ready for. I packed my bag as the bell rang for the school day to end. Like usual, everyone was out before me. I waved a goodbye to my teacher and silently left. Mr.Jones, my old math teacher waved me bye as I passed him in the hall. I usually ate in his room at lunch now. 

Throughout the school year, I've been ignoring Eddy. I wouldn't say ignoring completely but avoiding. Memories have been seeming to get in the way of my capability to socialize with him. I didn't want to tell anyone. It was more than a year ago. I thought I would have forgotten about it but I couldn't seem to let it go. Eddy had tried to touch me and that was all there was to it.  I couldn't bring myself to even think about how I would tell anyone. Even saying the words in my head made me embarrassed. I was ashamed and I didn't know why. He didn't really hurt me or actually do anything. I know he said it was just a joke but I couldn't let it go.

I accidently bumped into Nazz, lost in my own thoughts again. She huffed and looked at me closing her locker. "Edd.. Do you want something?" She didn't look interested in me. I tried to mumble something but nothing seemed to come out correctly. I wasn't even sure what to say. "Get yourself together. Please? I know you had a thing with Kevin. I won't tell, but it's almost been a year Double D." She gave me a soft smile. "You want to walk me home?" 

I looked her face over curiously. She hadn't talked to me all year, except for greeting me to her parties, and now she wanted me to walk her home? "Of course, you do" She lightly laughed and took my hand leading us out the front doors pushing her hair back. "Oh look" She smiled playfully and pointed to the back of Ed. "He's kissing her finally," she did a little movement with her shoulders I had seen other girls do many times and I looked in the direction of her remarks. Kissing who? Ed had been with the same girl for a little over two years now and I had no idea who it was. Ed was under one of the trees with a blonde girl. Why did she seem so familiar? May?! Nazz stopped pulling me. She must have noticed my light shock. Ed had actually been dating one of the Kanker sisters all this time and I had no idea. It wasn't that I was surprised about them being together, more that I was shocked at myself for not paying enough attention. I tried to think back to all the times I had hung out with Ed over the past year and see if any hint of her was brought up, but nothing came to mind.

Nazz tugged on my arm and we continued to walk in silence, for a long while it seemed, before she spoke up."On a scale of one to ten how much are you into men? Or should I say percentage knowing you? With your fancy caculations and such." She was giggling at the end of the sentence and I couldn't tell if she was joking. "Well?" 

"Oh, um" I adjusted my backpack. I never had thought about my sexuality in this way before. "Like Dihydrogen Monoxide.. Oxygen being the male attraction" 

Nazz lightly bumped into me and scoffed. "What does that mean? You like woman more? two to one?" 

I shook my head softly. "No.  there are two moles of Hydrogen atoms and 2 times 1.0079 is about 2.016 grams. That's how many grams of hydrogen are present in one mole of water. There is also one mole of oxygen atoms weighing 15.9-"

"I remember how to do the math Edd. Never mind I don't want to know if you're going to give a lecture to get out of telling me." She looked back in front of us as we walked. pulling out her ear buds and cursing under her breath as she started to untangle them. 

"Oxygens percentage would be 88.79 percent to 11.21 percent of hydrogen." I finished and breathed out not sure how to continue the conversation. 

Nazz laughed and shook her head untangling the ear buds at last. "So You like men more. You could have just said around ninety percent for males. Which in my book makes you homosexual." She put one of the buds into her ear, Looking at her phone to select a song. I could hear it when she started to blast it. The screen  of her phone read "Major Lazer & DJ Snake - Lean On". I wasn't familiar with the song personally so the tune wasn't a bother or a pleasure to hear. She would lightly hum or even sing softly as we walked. Every now and then she would start to move her hips in a rythmitic way. I didn't comment but give notice and let Nazz do as she pleased. After all I didn't have any comments to make.