An Angel Came [CHP 16]

The weekend went by fast. Kevin had an interview for the cafe on Sunday and it went well. No worries from CJ at least, now it was up to higher management if they wanted to hire him. "Want a cup of coffee?" CJ offered Kevin after she was done with his interview. 

"Nah, I don't drink that stuff." Kevin stretched in his chair and winked at me as I stood at the counter. It was after hours and I was just cleaning up. 

"You don't drink coffee?" She seemed surprised. "And you want to work here?"

"Yeah? So?"

CJ just laughed. "I guess I don't have to worry about you trying to sneak a coffee from me than." She hung up her apron and came to kiss me on my hat and put the keys on the counter. "My boyfriend is here." She looked out the class that was the front wall of the cafe and her hunky police officer boyfriend pulled up waving to us with that cheesy smile of his. "Well, I trust you two to close for me." She picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "Maybe one day he'll ask me to get married. Congrats you two." She gave both of us her cheerful smile and ran out to jump in the car with the new chief of police. 

Kevin got up and helped himself to one of the pastries in the back before I could stop him. "She didn't say anything about worrying about me taking a sweet." He smirked and even though I was upset at him I found a smile on my face. I love this man too much.

Monday Kevin picked me up from my house with his music blaring. 

"Can we turn that down?" I asked as I held my bag in my lap. I never liked to set my bag on the floor when I was in a car. I could never think of a substantial reason, but I still didn't enjoy it. 

Kevin turned down the music and took my left hand, looking the ring over. Kevin wore a matching one on the same finger and I felt a smile grow on my face. Kevin noticed and turned up the music again with a laugh before he started driving. I just let out a deep sigh and buckled up as we rode to school blasting loud music with words that I couldn't comprehend, but Kevin loved it. It was just like the music that Nazz played at her parties. I guess I was the only one who didn't get it. 

Kevin pulled into the parking lot and out of nowhere a car had cut him off and parked in the spot he had usually parked in. I, of course, knew who it was.  Jack, Jack the Jock, Jack the man I still did math homework for because I didn't want to be killed on the school campus. Jack the person I didn't bring up because I don't want him to be anything more than math homework and the occasional 'fag' notes left in my lockers. 

When Kevin came back last year, he took Jacks spot as the hottest guy to dance with at the parties and then he almost also took his title of being the most intimidating bully. Which was amazing considering the fact he was much less physically abusive than Jack. So as soon as Kevin left, Jack got worse. I was lucky enough to not get the worst of it. Like I said, I was just math homework and fag notes. He did everything Kevin did. Not as good as Kevin, but he was trying to take his titles back and hold onto them. Which included parking in the spot that used to be Kevins. 

Kevin grumbled under his breath and quickly parked next to him to get out his own car slamming the car door. "What the fuck man!" I flinched at the sound of Kevin and got out the car. I put my hands on the roof of the car, watching from a distance. 

Jack got out of his own car with his varsity football jacket on. Which, like every other player, even though it wasn't season he wore every day. His smile was haunting and his greaser haircut was stabbing. "Aw! Kevin! Come on now!" He laughed, and it was definitely fake. He wasn't scared, just uninterested. "You gonna road rage over a parking spot? You lost it last year! You can't just come back to MY school and get everything back!"