". . ." {Chp 17}

"So that's it?" Eddy had stopped me on my way to Mr. Jones class at lunch. He was with Ed, who just waved to me with his normal smile. 

It was Friday now. Things had started to level out. The jocks hadn't bothered me much, the normal math homework was all. Kevin did his normal bullying jocky activities, Nazz was with her group, and I still did all my work and ate in Mr. Jones room at lunch. The main difference was now we all rode with Nazz to and from school. Kevin didn't want to pay for his gas money, mainly because we hadn't gotten anything back from the Cafe, and we all got to hang out with each other more. 

"Whatever do you mean?" I fixed the strap on my shoulder and looked at them confused. 

Eddy flicked a hair that was on my face. "You done with us? You can't just leave the group. We've been a thing since time could tell."

"That's not a correct statement."

"Whatever!" He crossed his arms. "Listen to me, all year you've been avoiding us. What's with that?"

"I'm not avoiding. I just simply feel we are no longer compatible. Honestly, we were never compatible.."

"What?! We did everything together. Come on man."

"I'm sorry guys, but we don't know each other anymore."

"That's a lie. I know you."

"yeah?" I was getting tired of talking. He was getting upset and I just wanted to finish my math homework for next week. "Well.. tell me who I am then?"

"You're Edd, with two Ds. You like math and all that smart stuff. You won every science fair except for the last one you joined and every spelling bee. You're dating an a**hole and your new best friend is the wh-"

"Stop.." I spoke softly. "Everyone who 'knows' me knows that stuff. Eddy, I mean, do you really know me? What school I'm going to? What do I want to do when I get older? How I envision my life?"

Eddy stayed silent. He didn't even try. 

"Even though I don't talk to you a lot anymore I know those things about you. You're an open book, Eddy. You're going to community college for business. You're single but you're flirting with your co-worker at the bar. I also know you hate Kevin and ever since the fight you've been betting on them fighting again and having others bet as well to give you money."

"Just because I don't know that stuff about you doesn't.. not make us friends." 

"You don't even know Ed!" I stepped back and lowered my voice. "He's been in the same relationship for two years and you don't even know her name.. do you?"

"Yeah, I know her name!"

"well.. what is it?"

"..."

"do you know?"

"well, he calls her babe.."

"Her name Eddy, what's her name?"

"F*** off double-D! You don't know either!"

"It's May"

"Ma- the Kanker sister?"

"Yeah.. ask him yourself."

Eddy looked back at Ed and Ed just smiled. "Really dude? Of all people?"

"He's happy. I'm happy. Isn't that enough?"

"No! You're helping out the other side. Don't you remember who we use to be?"

"The annoying kids on the Culdesac? Yeah, I remember."

"No, we were the inventive child geniuses. We made money, we had fun!"