Coffee Boy {chp. 4}

I laid in my bed my heart pounding. I couldn't ignore my lips. They had been touched by the man I loved. I couldn't relax. Tomorrow was a new day and it approached faster than ever. When I came home it was 11:32 now it was 2:19 and I still hadn't slept. This was all his fault, but I loved it. I giggled softly and turned on my side. I was exhausted. What a big day it was for me. I had made progress.

I woke up to my alarm that was set for the weekends. I only had 5 hours of sleep, but it was okay. Getting up happily I went to my closet and changed into something warm. It was getting cold out now. Winter would be upon us soon. How exciting I loved playing in the snow. Probably one of the few things I would willing go outside for.

I put a new beanie on. Just like my old one and left my room after putting on socks and pants. I wrote a note on a stick it telling my mom I would be out and left slipping my shoes on. As I walked down the street the sun was up and the slow wind felt nice. Leaving anywhere so early was always relaxing. The cafe wasn't far from my street. It opened at 6am for the early workers. It was slow in the morning and everyone who worked there knew me.

I went throught the glass doors and said hi to Jenny, an old lady who got coffee every morning, right as she was leaving. I made my way to the counter and laughed softly still a bit flustered from the night before. The same girl who always ran the register on Sunday,she liked to be called CJ . She was 28 and knew what I always wanted.

"Aren't you in a good mood today, Huh Edd?" She grabbed a cup and put my name on. I nodded and she handed the cup to one of the other workers who never seemed to talk much. "Hey, we got a new worker. Today's their first day and since you're a regular you should meet them."

"Yeah" I loved it here. Everything was so simple. She ran off the the back and came back as I looked around the cafe, the art on the walls never ceased to interest me.

"Double D?" I turned around to a familiar voice and face. Kevin? I couldn't think of words to say. "People love you here it seems, guess I got a job at the right place." He smirked and CJ giggled getting what he was aiming for. I felt my cheeked get pink, my mouth opened to speak but it closed quickly after. How embarrassing. "I just needed some form of income. I don't want to live with the parents after school. Maybe you can be my roommate Dweeb." I looked at my hands on the counter. Why was he talking like this right now.

The silent worker put my coffee on the counter in front of me. I pulled out my wallet, but Kevin pushed my hand back as I was opening it. "I got it." He smiled at me and paid for it instead. CJ was smiling at me like she knew a secret. I sipped my coffee nervously. "Since I paid for your drink, you have to help me study for the math quiz tonight."

"T-tonight?" Maybe he was drunk last night. Who would ask someone to do such a things right after they randomly kiss them. He looked at me confused again and I shook my head. "I mean of course. No problem. I'll be there." My heart raced and my hands were shaking. "Um.. I got to go see Ed.. He usually needs someone right after he goes to a party."

"Alright, I guess I can let you get away from me for just a little bit." He took my coffee and sipped it setting it down. "Not bad." He lightly tugged on my sweater and I felt our lips touch ever so softly again. Kevin let go and I put my hand to my mouth. I wanted to cry, I wasn't sure why. I grabbed my coffee and I looked at Kevin one last time before I ran out of the coffee shop. He looked so disappointed..

I finished my coffee on the way to Eddy's house. Right after I knocked on the door Eddy opened it and pulled me in dragging me to his room like usual. "I got chicks crawling all over me but none I want man." He stunk and I flinched lightly at the smell of his breathe. "You think I could get her if I was more aggressive about it?

"M-Maybe?" I didn't know what he meant.

"Alright what if I like had a party." Just the sound of that sentence made me worry. Eddy a party? I couldn't even imagine. "Then she'd definitely sleep with me." Eddy and sex, I don't think he cared about anything else. "Practice." Practice? I make a confused face. "How does one turn a girl on in a sexual way." I shrugged, How would I know? "Practice" He was still slightly drunk I don't think he slept he probably stayed till he was kicked out and helped home. "alright?"

Eddy pushed me down in his bed his hands over my wrist and I couldn't stand his breath. I didn't want this. I didn't want to be here from the beginning. "Is this sexual?" I looked up at him in fear, but that didn't stop him. "THat expression would look great on her." Why me, what could I say to get him off. I was to weak to fight him. Maybe I should just go with it? He kissed my neck and I breathed out quickly.

"Eddy? Stop." I closed my eyes and remembered Kevins smile. Why couldn't it be kevin with me now. Eddy moved his hand up my sweater and I tried my hardest to push his hand away with my freed hand. His warm tongue touched my neck now and I couldn't stand this.