"He's a pretty good kisser huh?" {Chp.3}

The weekend had sneaked up behind me and now was next to me. I hated the weekends. Especially ones like this. A knock was sounded from my front door and I got up to answer it. I knew it was Ed and Eddy. The true party crashers. 

"Alright, let's go!" Eddy said grabbing my wrist. 

"We never get invited to these things. Why do we go?" I really wasn't in the mood for this. Yet again I never was. The more I thought and the closer we got to the party I thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad to get away from my thoughts for awhile. Nazz was hosting this party as a welcome home for Kevin. They were dating before he was shipped off, but now she's taken by another bad boy at the school. She stood outside in the dark while everyone walked in greeting them. 

As we made our way up she stopped Eddy. "Who invited you, I swear E-"

"Yeah yeah, don't be such a bi-"

"Excuse me!" Nazz had cut him off from finishing his sentence. Ed had just walked in and completely ignored the situation. 

"W-we should leave.." I was looking around at all the people coming and the crowd inside the door. Maybe it would be better to go home and just dwell in my thoughts..

"No. We walked all the way here." Eddy stormed inside and Nazz followed him trying to kick him out. I stayed standing there and looking at the few stars that started to fill the night sky. "I'm sorry" I whispered softly to myself. How different it sounded coming out of Kevin. I really needed to get over it. 

"Hey." An arm slug around me from no where and I looked over a bit shocked. Of course, Kevin of all people he was the one who was next to me now. "Well aren't you coming in too?"

"I-I wasn't really invited.. Eddy dragged me here." I looked at my plain shoes. He patted my shoulder laughing. 

"Now you are. It's a party for me ain't it?! I should be able to invite who ever I want." He pulled me inside and the music was loud. I covered my ears and he moved them. "Same old Double D. You didn't change one bit did you?" He smiled and opened his mouth to speak again, but Nazz came over and screamed his name. 

"KEVIN!" She jumped on him, hugging him. She was kinda short. I looked away, not sure why, but I was jealous again. That someone was so much more closer to him then I. Kevin hugged her back setting her down and they continued talking. I looked over at them, they were happy, smiling. I walked away and made my way to one of the corners sliding down it. Why did I always end up like this. Alone in the corner.

Some one gave me water thinking I was drunk. I didn't complain I gladly took it. There always seemed to be alcohol at these high school parties now. None of us were old enough but of course Nazz had friends of all ages. After a while I dozed off. It was way past my normal bed time I had set for myself. 

Eddy had woken me up trying to get me to help him hit on a chick. I just got up and talked to him. "I don't really.. feel like it."

"What a buzz kill. What happened to your hat sock head?" I felt my hair. I should of known something like this would happen at a party. I huffed and shrugged. Eddy just turned and walked away. Tired of being in the corner I made my way to the front door and left. Kevin was sitting on the stairs alone. Sitting next to him I saw him smoking and he looked at me with such a lonesome expression. I've never seen him like this..

"Want one?" he held his cigarette out at me and I shook my head. "Your to much of a goody goody." Kevin looked away from me so I did too and gazed back up at the stars. "Double D?.." He paused and I didn't saw anything. "If I tell you something you can't tell anyone else."

"Uh?" I looked at him. He was serious. "Of course you can.."

"Even if you did tell someone I would just beat both of you up anyways." That was re-assuring. "I really like someone, but no one I know approves of them." He blew out another cloud of smoke and I watched it escape his lips.  

"If you like them so much then just.. I guess you should do what you want." My heart ached. He's talking to me about this. Someone who wouldn't say anything. I knew this was some girl he spoke of. Maybe someone at school who was worse then himself?

"The thing is, they're completely different from me. What type of looks would I get walking around with them.." 

"People can change." I smiled at him and he threw his cigarette on the concrete.  He looked back at me and our eyes met. 

"you're right.." He put his hand on mine and kissed me. whats going on. Kevin's drunk right? He pulled back and smiled softly at my blushing face. "I'm going home." He stood up and messed up my hair. "You look good without your beanie on. Bye Double D, bye Nazz." He waved to someone behind me and I felt my stomach turn. I didn't want to turn around so I watched Kevin walk down the street. Nazz knelled down behind me and whispered to me. 

"He's a pretty good kisser huh?" She laughed and got back up going back to her party. What if she told someone. What would happen. If Ed and Eddy found out.. Those thoughts slipped out my mind and my fingers found their way to my lips. Kevin... actually kissed me. I couldn't help but smile and laugh softy. My cheeks were warm and wet again. 

He actually kissed me.

Me.