I felt.. disgusting. {Chp. 14}

(Authors note: For the +++ part if you want to read more in depth check out "Loving- DFM Chp.14.5" )

"What are you doing here?" I took out my house keys and placed it in the doorknob. "Why did you come to the cafe? You don't even drink coffee?"
"Whoa, when did you start speaking up?"
"I'm sorry, it's just a bit frustrating" I opened my door and looked back to him. "My parents are in their room. Do you plan to come in?"
"Frustrating?" Kevin walked in without replying to me, taking his hat off and pushing his fingers through his hair as he looked around. "Haven't done a lot of redesigning have you?"
"Kevin?" I closed and locked my door before setting my keys on the stand by the entrance. "Really, I am of the most curiosity as to why you are here right now?"
"Are you still sleeping in the same room?" He smiled and pointed in the direction in question before transcending into the hall and to my room with me following after him. I closed and locked my door, leaning against it. I watched as Kevin sat on my bed with his hat next to him. Smiling at me like he had been the entirety of our reunion.
"Kevin, why won't you answer me?"
"I like to hear you talk. Even if it is the same question. I get tired of reading you."
"It's a serious question though Kevin."
"Why don't you sit down and relax? We haven't even talked for ten minutes today and I can already feel your tension."
I sighed in defeat and went to sit next to him giving us space. It wasn't long before he had a hold of my wrist and pulled me to sit right up next to him. I could feel my cheeks warm.
"Don't they say if you let something go and it comes back it's yours?"
"I never let you go, Kevin. You just left. That's different."
"You could have tried to make me stay."
There was a silence between us. Just looking into each other's eyes and over his face trying to read his, oh so contradictorily, expressions.
"I- I am not one to ask that much of people.." I spoke slowly but in all truth. I could feel my eyes start to water. I missed the way he looked at me.
"Well, just trying to make it sound nice. How about you take off your hat and relax a bit more." He went to take off my beanie and I held it on looking at him for a long moment before he put his hand back down. "I thought I would show up and you'd be all over me?"
"You never text me. You never called me. You never tried to contact me at all. Then you show up without a rhyme or reason and I have to study for testing and-" I was cut of when I felt him hold my face in his hands, looking me over with his gorgeous eyes.
"You never change do you?" Kevin spoke in a deep whisper.
"Kevin. Please, just tell me why you decided to come? Why now of all the other times. You could of came during winter break or waited till spring break or-"
"I'm moving back. Well I moved back to be exact." He chuckled and leaned in to kiss me, to which I pulled away.
"What happened?"
Kevin sat back with a huff and looked around my room as if to think about what to say. "My parents got into a fight and broke up. So the person I call a mother moved back here and I decided to tag along. I knew it was bound to happen." He turned back to me and the corner of his lip rose again. "We can end school and graduate together now. See, isn't that great?"
"Well... No. A lot happens in a school year and you haven't been there at all. I feel like I barely know you anymore."
"Oh come on Double D. You're overreacting. I haven't changed a bit. Whatever you want to hear I can tell you."
"Well, what did you do all school year."
"Learned? I guess. I had a girlfriend but they lasted maybe three months before I realized she was too much to handle. I tried getting with this one kid too but he was the "saving till marriage" kind of guy."
What does that make you Kevin? "Oh, sorry to hear about that." I looked away from him feeling uncomfortable for some unknown reason.
"I can tell you didn't like that."
I didn't reply and Kevin stood up putting his hat back on. "Whatever Edd. If you decide to try this again you have my number and I'll probably see you around school tomorrow." He turned to leave and I gently stood up from the bed barely taking his wrist to stop him.
"I missed you. I'm just confused and everything's just busy right now. I want to remember how it feels to... To relax again."
Kevin looked back at me before turning to face me. "There we go. Look at you Edd." He pulled me in against him and I felt myself flush red. He pushed his forehead against mine speaking softly as my hands rested on his chest. How I had missed him in all this time, emotionally and now realizing it was also physical. "I always seemed to do a good job of making you relax. Let me sleep with you tonight?"
"Won't your mother be worried."
"Don't you know me Double D? I haven't really changed as you think I have. I'm still the same reckless, in the moment, Kevin I know you fell in love with."
I took his hat off him just holding it against his back and putting my fingers through his hair with my free hand. I turned my head to look at his face better and he did the same to me. We smiled and somehow our lips touched after months of being separated and in that moment I fell for him more than I felt I had ever before.
He backed us up into bed. We fell onto the softness of the neat blanket. I dropped his hat onto the floor and I felt my beanie leave my head as I heard the thud of both pairs of our shoes as they dropped to my carpet.
"You bleached part of your hair? That doesn't seem like you Edd." I felt his fingers in my hair.
"I'm surprised I did it myself."