Chapter 14

"Allison you can't stay in there all day."

"I'm in my state of nirvana."

"You just love throwing that word around, don't you."

"I really do."

"C'mon Krist and Chad are here."

I sighed as I lifted myself out of my bathtub. I dressed and met Kurt outside the bathroom door. He laughed when he saw me.

"You look like a puppy that's been left out in the rain." he said as he took my hand. Kurt had been going out of his way to make me feel better ever since his promise. That was a week ago and I haven't progressed much.

Krist and Chad are already set up when we arrive at my garage. Nirvana is having a reversal for a show they're doing on New Year's Eve. I am their official audience for their rehearsals.

They played a selection of songs, including Hairspray Queen, If You Must, Molly's Lips, and my song, About a Girl. They were amazing, and I'm not just saying that because they're my friends. It was the epitome of some type of metal-new wave-punk thing we're into.

After the rehearsal we went into the living room to hang out. Krist wanted to show Chad the house, so that left me and Kurt on the couch. We were in the kind of embrace that makes you feel at home. That's the feeling I get around Kurt.

"I've never seen you so at ease." he said as if reading my mind.

"I can't help it. You're the most comforting being on Earth."

He chuckles quietly as he looks down at me. We kiss softly. We were then interrupted Chad who abruptly threw himself on top of us while yelling "Geronimo!" I yelped as Krist followed Chad's lead and jumped on top of the pile. We laughed till our stomachs hurt.

"I can feel the love buzz, hardcore." Krist said as he hopped off.

"Can you feel my love buzz?" Chad asked Krist pseudo-seductively and made an inappropriate gesture.

"Oh is that what that was? I thought it was someone's pinkie finger." Kurt challenged.

"Oh man," Chad said as he fell to the floor, "my heart just broke!" he said as he began fake twitching.

"You must excuse Sir Chadison here, he's just had a candy bar. We'll see you two later." Krist and Chad left after that.

–-

I awoke in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. As I sat up I noticed a figure leaning on the window. It was Kurt. I got up and put my arms around him. It didn't startle him.

"How come you're up?" I asked him.

"Just having a smoke and looking at the stars." he says, flicking the ashes off his cigarette. I look out the window to see a clear night sky.

"It's so beautiful." I whispered.

Kurt turned to me. "It's beauty could never amount to yours, Ally." He kissed my passionately yet slowly.

"I love you, Kurt." I said quietly.

"I love you too."

___________________
I'm going to start adding photos to the chapters as well, for effect. I love this one.