Chapter 33

I didn't go very far after I left the apartment. I went to Krist and Shelli's place. I angrily wiped my tears as I dug through my pockets for their spare key since no one was in there to let me in.

I stepped inside and locked the door. I peeked out the window and saw Kurt step outside the door of the apartment. He was looking around, probably for me. After a few seconds he frowned and went back inside.

I let out a shaky breath and pulled out a cigarette. I didn't bother turning the lights on. I just sat on the floor next to the door. The tears rolled down. Kurt is such an asshole when he's drunk.

The phone rang and without thinking twice I answered it.

"Novoselic place." I said into the receiver.

"I knew it." It was Kurt. 'Oh fuck.' I whispered.

"Allison, come back. Let me talk to you. I didn't mean to be a dick."

"I'm not in the mood for excuses." Boy did I ever sound like a character in a romantic film.

"I have something to show you. Please." Kurt's tone changed. He sounded so innocent.

I sighed. "Fine. But if I regret it I'll... do something." I couldn't think of a threat.

"You won't regret it I promise."

And so I went back to my apartment. Krist was asleep on the couch and Kurt was waiting by the door. How he managed to look so sober I do not know.

"Come with me." He took my hand and led me to our bedroom. I reminded me of the night of our first kiss- we held hands as I led him to by bedroom and the rest, as they say, is history. Now, I get the same reaction; heart fluttering and butterflies. Only this time there curiosity and nervousness as to what Kurt wants to show me so badly.

He lets go of my hand me kneels down next to the bed. He digs around underneath the bed and pulls out a few notebooks. I laugh as he scans and tosses all of them. Kurt owned a million of those but he rarely ever let me read them.

"Aha!" he exclaims as he walks back to me. His index finger is pointing at a paragraph on the page. "Read this." he says as he hands me the notebook.

"I'm such an asshole. I can't believe I've done this to her. I love her so much. I'll abort Christ for her. Yet I hurt her. I can't bear to look at my own face because I know all she sees is the face of the man who repeatedly hurts her. Allison, I love you so much. Forgive me when I pull stunts like this."

I wanted to cry all over again. "What is this?"

Kurt took the notebook back in his hands. "I wrote this after what happened that night in Europe, remember?" I nodded. He did the same thing that night - got drunk and hurt me. "This is what, for some reason, I never said to you."

"I love it." I whispered. He pulled me into a tight hug. I breathed in his scent. Cigarettes, a slight trace of cologne, and vanilla from my perfumes.

"I love you. Forgive me?" he asked sincerely.

I pulled away and looked into his amazing azure eyes. "Always."

---

Dave Grohl was a funny character. According to him, his first impression of Krist and Kurt went something like this:

"There was this guy who was about six-foot-seven, really huge. He's telling a story and he's really loud and obnoxious and jumping around. Then there's this other tiny weasel of a guy sitting in the corner, not talking to anybody and looking like he's taking a shit." (Dave's actual words, haha.)

Kurt rolled his eyes. "Well how perceptive of you."

"I liked it." Shelli said as she laughed.

"So tell me about yourselves." Dave asked.

Shelli spoke up. "I love shopping, cooking, and ABBA. Dez hates punk rock, is an actor, and proudly gay. Allison is into every art there is, never sleeps, and is super moody."

"Well that was... blunt." I said

"Just like me." She smiled.

Dave surveyed us. "You guys are weird." He laughed.

Kurt remained quiet throughout all of this. When the others launched into another conversation, I seized the opportunity and pulled him aside.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He looked at the floor.

"Kurt, you can't hide it."

He sighed. "I was waiting for Dave to make a move on you." Well that was unexpected.

"He won't do anything, Kurt. No one will for that matter." I smirked.

"Oh, but people have. Chad, Jason, Buzz-"

"Wait what?"

"You didn't know." He looked into my eyes.

"Didn't know what?"

"They all tried to get with you." he said sadly.

I was genuinely baffled. "I had no idea."

Kurt furrowed his eyebrows. "How? It was so obvious."

"I only have eyes for you." I said honestly. "I don't notice everything else."

Kurt smiled. "Really?"

"Really?" I kissed him slowly.

We heard whistling coming from the living room. "Get a room!" Krist yelled.

We made our way back to the others and joined the conversation. Kurt spoke this time. He felt better knowing I only loved him.

I looked at him as he smiled his bright smile. His eyes twinkled when he laughed. How could I have eyes for anyone but this beautiful human?