Chapter 37

The phone clicked off and I froze. I began to tremble as I processed the words that had just come out of Courtney's mouth.

Kurt emerged from the bathroom with wet hair and in sweats. "Hey. Did the phone ring?" he asked as he checked on the food.

I simply nodded and went into our bedroom. Kurt followed me. "Are you alright?" he asked.

I decided to be honest. "No."

Kurt furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

I looked into his eyes with fury in mine. He looked surprised as he read my expression. I'm not an angry person.

"What's wrong? You mean you don't know of anything that you did that could possibly make me angry?"

Kurt didn't answer. Instead he just look confused. "I take it you have something in mind."

"Do I ever! Go listen to the message on the phone and tell me if it means anything to you." I got up and rummaged through my closet as Kurt went into the living room to listen to the voice mail. I heard Courtney's voice as I threw random articles of clothing into a backpack. It only made me more upset.

"Oh shit." I heard Kurt said quietly. I continued stuffing my backpack and Kurt still didn't come in. When he finally did, I was just closing the backpack.

His eyes widened. "What are you doing?"

"Do you really expect me to stay with someone who doesn't even love me? Someone who cheats on me because I'm not good enough?" I cried.

"You can't leave." Kurt said seriously. "That was a mistake, Ally. You can't really believe I would do that."

I scoffed. "You already did!" I dropped the backpack walked out of the bedroom. I had my hand on the door handle when Kurt stopped me.

"Allison, please." he pleaded.

I paused. "Just tell me one thing. And be honest. Why did you do it?"

Kurt looked down at his feet. "I don't know. I guess... I guess it was because she's very different from you."

"That's all I needed to hear." I stepped outside.

"Wait, no, I didn't mean it like that! Allison!"

I ran down the stairs and into Dez's apartment. I pounded on his door. By now, I was crying.

Dez opened the door with a shocked look on his face. "Oh shit what happened?"

Not wanting to retell the events, I pushed him aside and collapsed on the couch. I sobbed uncontrollably and most probably looked like an idiot.

Dez was horrified. I heard him call Shelli on the phone. In a minute, she joined us. They tried to comfort me but it was no use. I felt broken.

----

The next morning I awoke in the arms of Dez and Shelli. I smiled slightly at the thought of having such amazing friends. Then the smile disappeared as I remembered why they were here in the first place.

Careful not to wake them, I lifted myself off the couch and went outside to smoke. My mind raced as I thought about what I should do. Right now, I hated what Kurt did to me. But what do I do about it?

I decided to just go and talk to him like a mature adult. I didn't know what I wanted to hear. I just wanted to hear something that would justify his actions and make me stop feeling this bitter anger.

I inhaled deeply and knocked on the door. To my utter fucking surprise, Courtney Fucking Love opened the door.

"Allison! How nice of you to stop by!" She said sweetly. I heard my name being repeated by Kurt inside. He poked his head around the corner with wide eyes.

I pushed Courtney aside and walked right to him. "You couldn't wait one fucking day, could you?"

"No, you don't understand. She came yesterday to talk about her pregnancy-"

"Yet she's still here." I spat out.

Courtney laughed mockingly. "That's my que to leave. See ya."

I turned back to look at Kurt. "That's it."

I ran into the bedroom and locked the door. I put on a CD to drown out Kurt's pleas as I put most of my belongings to two suitcases. When I emerged, Kurt tried to stop me but I wouldn't let him. We ended up screaming at each other - something we had never done. It shattered any piece that was left of my heart.

I rushed out of the apartment and called for a taxi. It drove me to the airport. Once there, I went to the nearest pay phone and dialed a number I had been saving for months.

On the second ring, the phone was answered. "Chad? It's Allison."

"Ally? Hey, how's it going."

"I'm going to need you to stay with you for a while."

"What do you mean?"

"Where do you live right now?" I avoided the question.

"In Seattle, just like I said I would."

"Okay. Pick me up from the airport in 3 hours. Please."

"No problem."

_____________________
I got a LOT of feedback on the last chapter (yay!) so I tried to make this one good... I hope I didn't let you guys down *hides in a corner in case I did*.