Change of plans (8)

It was Saturday. Ryan was coming over this afternoon to help me tell my dad about me being pregnant. I was scared to death. Ryan arived at about 12 o'clock, right before lunch. I was starving so I made myself lunch. Dad started coming into the kitchen, then he saw Ryan and stopped. "Evelyn." Dad said madly. "Who is this?"

"Um..." I swallowed my food. "Dad, this is Ryan. Ryan, this is my dad, Steve."

Ryan shook Dad's hand. "Nice to meet you, Sir."

Dad just shook his hand back and stared.

"We actually have something to tell you." I said to Dad. "Um..."

Dad crossed his arms.

Ryan put his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm pregnant." I told him. "Ryan's the father."

He said nothing.

"Don't be mad, please. It was an accident. Both of our faults." I added with a small smile. "Dad?"

Dad started crying. Wait, crying?

"Dad?" I said again.

He wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "It's OK, Evelyn." He said to me. "You just remind me so much of your mother. She was this age when I got her pregnant. I'm sorry I haven't been here for you lately. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine."

I started crying too. "W-what? No. No, Dad, it's not your fault." I glanced at Ryan confused. "It's OK."

"I'm here for you, baby." Dad said. "I'm not mad at all. I will help you with whatever I can."

I smiled at Dad. "Thank you."

"Thank you, Sir." Ryan chimed in.

"Ryan, right?" Dad asked.

Ryan nodded.

"You better be good to my baby girl and your child, OK?" Dad made sure.

He nodded again. "Yes, Sir."

"Have you told your parents yet, young man?" Dad asked.

"Evelyn and I were planning on telling them this afternoon." Ryan answered.

Dad smiled and nodded. "Well, good luck."

"We should go." I said to both of them. "Ready, Ry?"

He nodded and said goodbye to Dad. Then Ryan and I got in his car and headed to his house.

Man was his house huge! It was three stories high, had a pool, a huge lawn in front and back, and so much more. Ryan was kind of a rich boy so I was expecting something like that. We walked into the front room and he called his parents and two older brothers over.

"Who is this, Ryan?" His mother asked.

"This is Evelyn." Ryan answered. "Evelyn, that's my mom, Sandra, dad, Don, and brothers, Chris and Stephen."

I smiled and waved. "Hello."

"We have an announcement." Ryan spoke up. "Evelyn, here, is pregant."

Everyone gasped and gave us looks.

Ryan's mom started tearing up. "Really, Ryan?"

"Yes." He replied.

"Well, I guess we'll be here for you guys." Ryan's dad said loudly to shush his wife. "Have you guys thought about your futures?"

I shrugged. "I'm keeping the baby, I know that." I paused. "And I want to graduate high school. And I was thinking Ryan and I should move in together. Just so that the baby has a stable home."

Ryan's mom's eyes widened. "Oh, really, Evelyn?"

"But was can't exactly afford a house or graduate high school in nine months." I sighed.

Ryan'd dad smiled. "We could help you buy a house."

"Oh, um, wow. Thanks but no thanks." I said in shock.

"No, it would be a good investment and we'd be able to help you guys." He conttinued. "I'd love to do that, actually."

Ryan glanced at me and nodded.

"Um... Thank you." I muttered, still in awe of the whole offer.

His mom smiled at me. "We'll start house hunting tomorrow morning. I'll call our realator and schedule something for the morning, if that's alright with you, Evelyn."

I nodded. "Yes, that's great. Thanks."

"I'll have Ryan let you know what time." She got up and hugged me then disappered into another room.

Maybe this whole pregnancy thing would go better than I thought!