Change of plans (10)

On Monday, I had a doctor's appointment. Ryan and I got out of school early and we drove our seperate cars to the office. Dad couldn't make it because he had to work the night shift tonight so he was sleeping. Besides, that might just be awkward with him there. Ryan asked if his mom could come and I sid yes. When Ryan and I arrived, Mrs. Sutton was already there. I checked in and was immediately called back. They weighed me, took my blood pressure, got a sample of urine, and listened to my vitals. Then the doctor came in.

"Hi, Evelyn, I'm Doctor Moore." She said sticking her hand out for me to shake it.

"Nice to meet you." I replied. I swung my legs back and forth as I sat on the  table.

Dr. Moore asked some questions and then said that I should come back in about four weeks to hear the baby's heart beat. Other than that, she said things were normal and everything was alright.

After the doctor's appoinment, Mrs. Sutton went home and Ryan came to my house to help me start packing.

"I feel bad." I said as we started putting things from my room in boxes. "I never asked you if you wanted to move in together. I just said what I wanted and your parents made it happen."

Ryan smiled at me. "You didn't have to ask. If I didn't want to move in with you, I would have said something."

"So your OK with everything?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Yes, I'm very excited." He nodded. "How did your dad react when you told him we're moving in together?"

I shrugged. "He was OK. Happy that we wanted to be a family but sad because he didn't want me growing up so fast."

Ryan looked at me. "We have to grow up fast since your pregnant." He paused. "What are you doing about school?"

"I'm not sure." I answered. "I told your parents that I want to graduate, which I do, but thats not possible in nine moths. And I can't jump right back into school once the baby's born. I would like to try and finish 11th grade, at least, before the baby's born."

"Your going to miss Senior year, you know." Ryan added quietly.

I nodded and then looked down. "Don't rub it in."

Ryan hugged me for a moment. "I'm sorry." He paused. "I'm going to help you as much as I can."

"I would hope!" I exclaimed.

There was a small pause.

I looked up at Ryan deeply. "So... What exactly are we? Together? I'm just wondering. I mean, we are moving in together and-"

Ryan kissed my lips. I loved it when he did that. "What do you think, Evelyn?" He asked, smiling. "Together?"

"Yes?" I replied, looking into Ryan's sparkling blue eyes. "Whoa... your eyes change color."

"Yes, we're together, and yes, they do." He laughed and kissed me again.