Change of plans (22)

Before I knew it, I was five months pregnant and had a seven month old son. It's the middle of June and it's extremely hot. My belly is bigger than usual but my doctor said that I just have a big baby. Gabby is seven months pregnant and wants to hurry up and get her son born. Her and Chris decided on a name- Daniel Christopher James. I'm not sure whose last him he's going to have though. Ben has started sitting up and I can now feed him baby food. His favorite kind is peas. Ryan is working and going to school still.

***

"What are we naming our baby?" I asked Ryan one day when we were taking Ben for a walk in the park. I was pushing the stroller and Ryan was on my right side. "Have you thought of anything?"

"You still have four more months to think about that." Ryan replied.

I gave him a look. "Seriously?"

"Yes." Ryan said.

"Have you thought of anything, though?" I asked again.

He shrugged. "Maybe."

I smiled. "What?!"

"Caleb for a boy." Ryan answered.

I thought about it for a minute. "Caleb." I said to myself. "Not bad, Ry. But what about for a girl?"

"Isabella." He said.

I nodded. "That's pretty." I paused. "Good job, you've done well."

"Have you thought of anything?" Ryan asked.

"Well, I like Cameron for a boy and-"

Ryan laughed. "Cameron?"

"Yes." I confirmed. "Why?"

"It doesn't sound like a boy's name." Ryan answered.

I sighed. "I like it. That's all that matters. You know, I really like names that start with C."

"Colton. Carter. Colin. Chase." Ryan ranted. "Or for a girl... Caitlin. Camille. Chandra. Chelsi. Colleen."

"Chandra is nice." I replied. "I definitely like C names. Are you good with that?"

He nodded. "Yup."

"We'll throw Isabella out though. Sorry, honey." I smiled.

Ryan laughed. "So this baby's name is for sure going to start with a C?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Cool." Ryan said.