Change of plans (26)

Yes, Chris did faint. Nurses took him to another room and kept watch on him until Gabby was done giving birth. Daniel Christopher James Kingford was born at four twenty nine. He was eight pounds ten ounces.

Ryan showed up at the hospital at seven o'clock and stopped by to say hi to Chris and Gabby. Ryan laughed at Chris because he fainted while Gabby was giving birth.

After about a half hour of visiting, Ryan's mom called and said Ben was getting fussy and was calling "Mama" over and over again. Ryan and I said bye to Chris, Gabby, and baby Daniel then went to check on Cameron and Caleb.

The nurses said they were gaining weight pretty fast and we should be able to take them home in a few days.

On the car ride home, a light bulb went off in my head. "We need a bigger car." I said to Ryan, who was driving. "We all won't fit."

"What?" He was tired and confused.

"This car is just too small." I explained. "There's Ben's car seat, Cameron's car seat, and Caleb's car seat. There's three car seats and three seats. It'll be too snug."

Ryan laughed. "Your saying you want a bigger car?"

"I'm saying we need a bigger car." I answered. "Like a van or a suburban."

Ryan nodded. "OK, I'll ask my mom if she can buy us a new one."

I looked at him confused. "Can't we just trade this one in?"

"Yeah, sure, but we still need more money to pay for a new car." he replied.

"Oh, yeah, huh?" I said.

We got to Ryan's parent's house a few minutes later and explained our car situation. Mrs. Sutton said she's start looking for a good deal for us right away. She suggested that we get a new suburban- they're more stylish than mini-vans, according to her. Ryan and I agreed and headed home with Ben.

I gave him a bath and fed him a bottle. He was asleep in only a few minutes and I laid him in his crib.

Ryan and I ate a late dinner once Ben was asleep and talked for a while.

"We aren't even ready for one baby. We are most certainly not ready for two." I said.

"Well, I guess I can take the day off work tomorrow and we can go shopping for what we need." Ryan replied. "I have to go to school though."

I nodded. "OK, that's fine. Should I make, like, a list?" I pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

"I don't think my answer matters because you already answered yourself." Ryan laughed.

"Let's see." I thought. "Car seats, crib, clothes, formula, diapers." I wrote as I said them outloud. "Do you think we can afford a stroller or should we wait?"

Ryan shrugged. "Wait."

I kissed his cheek. "Oh, honey, your so handsome."

"That was random, but thanks." Ryan smiled. "Your gorgeous."

I blushed. "Thanks."

Ryan and I finished making our list then headed off to bed.

***

In the morning, I stayed home with Ben while Ryan went to class. I talked to Mrs. Sutton on the phone and she said she found us a great deal. We'd trade in the car tomorrow and everything would be set. I agreed and said I'd tell Ryan.

Ryan came home for lunch and I made us sandwhiches. I fed Ben some baby food and little cracker puffs and gave him milk to drink.

Ryan went back to school for a few hours then picked up Ben and I. We drove us to Target where we got everything we needed for Caleb and Cameron. The bill was expensive but we were all set. We ended up getting two blue car seats, two cribs, two matresses for the cribs, baby sheets, baby blankets, some little onesies, formula, diapers, wipes, and all the other nessesities.

By the time we were finished, it was almost dinner time. We dropped everything off at home, ate dinner, and drove to Ryan's prarents's house to drop off Ben. Then Ryan drove the two of us to the hospital to see Cameron and Caleb.

"You can probably take them both home tomorrow." The head nurse said to us right before we left.

"Cool!" Ryan and I both said. We hugged each other, thanked the nurse, then left. We got Ben from Ryan's parent's house then went home and went to sleep.