Chapter 3-Confrontation

Picture of Jude above, played by Ian Somerhalder.
.
.
.
Piper's POV
I walked home in the rain after school. I hate rain. It makes me feel dirty and my hair gets frizzy as it dries.
Suddenly, I don't feel the rain anymore. I look up and see a large black umbrella. I yelp in fright and try to make a run for it, before a strong, familiar arm grabs me around my waist.
"Relax, Pi," Jude laughs. "It's only me!"
"Jude!" I yell accusingly. "You scared me!"
"Sorry," he says, smirking.
Jude and I had been best friends since we were in diapers. We're inseparable. When my parents moved, his decided to follow, and even though we live far away and don't have any classes together, Jude promised to spend as much time with me as he could. He knows I'm shy.
But there's a downside to Jude. He's a notorious player. He slept with almost all of the girls at our school in Florida, and he views our new school as a fresh hunting ground. He has promised me that all I have to do is say the word and he would give it all up, but I've explained to him that I can't see him as anything other than a brother. He respects that, but apparently the offer still stands.
"Let me walk you home, Pi," Jude pleads. "You can have the umbrella. I don't mind the rain."
"Thanks," I beam at him. "Um, Jude?"
"Hmm?" he responds, looking down at me, his raven hair hanging in his eyes and his bright blue eyes piercing mine. I look away awkwardly, uncomfortable under his stare.
"You can let go of me now," I tell him, blushing.
"Nah," he grins. "I think I'll keep my arm where it is." To prove his point, he pulls me into him and I blush furiously. That is, until I hear a loud, angry voice behind me.
"She told you to let go!" a masculine voice yells behind me. I nearly melt. It's the most amazing sound I've ever heard. I mentally groan. C'mon Piper, this guy just yelled at Jude!
"Look," I explain, turning around while keeping Jude's thick arm around me. "He wasn't doing anything, so if you could just move along that would be gre-" I stop mid-sentence, seeing who it was. Of course, the gorgeous god of a man that ran into me at school. I stand there dumbfounded, openly gawking at him. He's not wearing a shirt. I gulp.
"Pi?" Jude murmurs in my ear, worried.
I shake my head fiercely. "What are you doing here? I thought I told you to go to hell!"
Jude doubles over laughing, releasing his hold on my waist. The stranger takes his chance and grabs my arm and pulls me into his chest. I gasp and shiver. It feels like there's sparks, everywhere our bodies press together. My eyes start to roll back into my head, but I control myself when he smirks at me.
I look over my shoulder and find a clearly pissed off Jude. The stranger pulls me behind him slightly.
"Let her go!" Jude yells, his muscles rippling with anger.
"You know not to disrespect me, pup," the stranger threatens. He's tense, but his voice seems calm. "Get out of here before I do something I'll regret. And if you ever try to keep her from me again, I'll kill you."
Jude looks to the ground, obviously defeated. I try to go to him, but the stranger's strong arm holds me back. What the hell is his deal?! Jude gives me an apologetic look before looking back to the man. "She's only 17, sir." And as if that explains everything, Jude hangs his head and walks off.
The man runs his hand through his hair, before looking down at me and attempting his best smile. "What's your name?" he asks. Oh god, this perfect creature is talking to me!
"Piper?" I say, but it sounds like a question. I can't stop staring at his green eyes.
"I'm Kai," he tells me. I love it. I bask in his attention, but I try not to show it.
"Why did you talk to Jude like that?" I ask. I can't be angry with his arm around me like this.
"Because he should have more respect," he barks, his voice booming with authority. I cringe away from his power. "Are you afraid of me?" he asks.
"No!" I cry, too quickly. I see him hang his head in shame.
"I don't mean to scare you, Piper," he tells me, stroking my hair.
"It's okay," I whisper.
"May I walk you home?" he askes. "You're getting soaked." His eyes wander to my chest, and I'm trapped in his gaze.
"S-sure," I stutter, shocked at his gesture.
He smiles at me, and takes my hand. When we get to my house, I make him turn around and he chuckles as I take the key from under the mat. I let him face me again as I jimmy the old lock on our front door.
"Allow me," he grins, amused. I blush and hand him the key. He steps to the door, and I admire his back. The door opens almost immediately after he twists the key, and I gape at him. "After you," he says, gesturing for me to go inside. I give him a small smile before walking through the threshold, hanging my jacket on a hook by the door to dry.
"Thank you, Kai," I say, and his grin widens.
"Anytime, princess." He gives me one last look, and then walks off the porch and down my driveway. I close the door, and lean my back against it, breathing heavily. Stupid, Piper! Stupid, stupid, stupid!
.
.
.
Hey guys, I'm new to Wattpad, obviously. So since I'm just getting started, any (kind) suggestions on my first story are appreciated! I would say vote, comment, etc. but honestly? I love you just for taking the time to read this story! So thank you, and I will be updating as frequently as possible!