Chapter 6-Admitting the Truth

Picture of Oliver above, played by Zac Efron
.
.
.
Piper's POV
I stared at Jude and Kai in horror.
"P-piper?!" Kai exclaimed. "What are you doing here? Look, I can explain. It's not what you think. Yes, werewolves exist, but I would never-"
"Would someone shut him up and explain to me what just happened?!" I screeched. The audience cowered away from me, and I was taken aback before a girl put her hand on Kai's shoulder. I growled at her, and made myself jump. The girl backed away and Kai smirked. The jerk.
"I'm sorry," the girl apologized. I gave my attention to her. "We weren't expecting any of this to happen. Jude challenged Kai, and-"
"Wait whoa," I said. "Challenged?"
She cocked her head at me. "You're not a wolf." I looked at her and lost my patience.
"No, I don't turn into mangy mutt," I glared at her accusingly. Jude looked at me with a pained look, but I refused to look at him.
"Watch your mouth!" some dude yelled, stepping close to the girl.
"You watch yours!" Kai retorted, his eyes flashing from green to gold. His voice was laced with power, and the audience bowed their heads. Kai stepped close to me, and I wanted to reach for him. "Piper," he murmured, looking at me. "Come inside for a minute."
I gulped as his hand landed on my lower back, pushing me towards the house.
"Wait," I exclaimed. He immediately turned to give me a frustrated look. "If I go inside, I want Jude to be here when I get back."
He waited a moment, pursing his lips in thought. "Alright," he agreed, touching my cheek. I leaned into his touch involuntarily. "You heard the Luna," he barked. "No one lays a hand on Jude until we return." The large man who defended the girl stepped forward to speak, but an angry glare from Kai told him to back off. I looked to him apologetically.
"Let's go," Kai said, and slid his arm fully around me. I stumbled at his side as he pulled me quickly into the house.
"Okay, so you turn into a large wolf? Is that normal here?!" I exclaim as we walk into an office, and he leaves my side to sit in a large, plush chair behind a desk. Two smaller chairs are positioned infront of the mahogany desk. Kai pushes away from the desk and reaches for me, to have me sit on his lap. I opt for one of the smaller chairs across from him. He sighs, but doesn't object.
"I was hoping you wouldn't find out like this."
"How long?" I whispered.
"How long what?" he asked.
"How long have you guys been..." I trailed off.
"Well first of all," he chuckled. "We're not mutts, or dogs. We're wolves. Although I'm enjoying your spirit." My glare makes him hold his hands up in the air, ad if at gunpoint. "And you're born with the gene. Your first shift is at 18."
"So I could be a... wolf?" I ask.
He sighs sadly. "I really don't know, love. Female wolves are rare. Sienna and Sadie are the exception, not the rule."
"Who are they?"
"Sienna talked to you today. Sadie was the blonde standing by the house."
"I didn't see her."
"No, I don't suppose you would've. Oliver took her away once things got tense. They're probably somewhere upstairs," he told me.
"And who's Oliver?" I asked.
"Oliver is my Gamma, or third. Beckett, the guy who defended Sienna, is my Beta, or second. Sienna and Sadie are their mates."
"Whoa, horsey," I gasped. "Too much at once."
He laughed, leaning his chair back. "You don't need to know all of that just yet, love. That's not so important."
"And I assume something else is?" I said, raising a brow at him.
"Yes," he murmured, suddenly getting serious. "You believe in soulmates, right?" Kai asks.
"I don't know," I admit.
He gives me a crooked smile, and I melt. "Mates are like a werewolf's soulmate. We would do anything for them."
"You're not saying..." I trail off, unable to process it. I can feel my heart thumping quickly and painfully in my chest.
"Yes, I am, love," he says slowly. "We're mates."
"What does that mean?" I ask.
"You really aren't processing this well, are you?"
"Not really," I smile sheepishly.
He rolls his eyes. "Come here."
This time, I obey. I walk over to him, and he pulls me into his lap sideways, and I lean my head under his chin while his arms wrap around me. I feel the sparks, and his purrs. I decide not to question it, putting it off as a mate thing.
"Just know," he says. "That I am Alpha. You understand the concept of Alpha, right?" Kai asks. When I nod, he continues, "We're mates, you're my Luna, or female Alpha, and you're mine. I'll do everything in my power to keep you safe and happy. But my protectiveness will be off the charts, because I'm an Alpha. So please, for me, don't question my decision on Jude."
"But he's my best friend," I plead.
"He challenged me," Kai admits. "He wanted the pack, and to take you from me. But I'm not letting you go, or else I wouldn't have fought the pup."
"But aren't you two the same age?" I ask. "How is he the pup?"
He smirks at me. "Werewolf insult." I smack his shoulder, and he laughs as I snuggle closer.
We stay like that for a few minutes. When I start to get up, he groans and pulls me back against his chest.
"Kai, let go," I giggle. He pokes my side, and I squeal. "Kai, c'mon. Everyone is waiting."
He groans again, but smiles at me and let's me pull him out of his chair. I drag him by his hand out the door.
I see the girl who spoke, Sienna, standing next to a blonde girl. She must be Sadie. They smile warmly at me, and I look to the ground but give them a small smile. Two huge guys come to flank Kai and I as we descend the porch steps, almost as big as Kai but not quite. I immediately recognize Beckett, and offer him an apologetic smile, and he bows his head to me. I look to the other huge guy, and realize he's Oliver. He gives me a bow and I nod to him. Kai squeezes me to get my attention, and his mouth is set into a hard line. His entire body might as well be green. I kiss his cheek, which relaxes him.
"Luna Piper and I have come to a decision," Kai declares, getting the pack's attention. I gulp and shake like a leaf, knowing my betrayal. He gives me another small squeeze as the pack watches us eagerly. "The terms of the agreement will be fulfilled. Jude is banished from this pack. Beck, Ollie, take him to the border. He's a Rogue now."
Tears flow down my face as Jude looks at me with pure hurt on his face. I try to force a smile, but he looks away. I start to go to him, but I don't make it when Beckett and Oliver grab him. Kai wraps his arms around me and pulls me inside, but not before I hear Jude's screams.
.
.
.
Hello! I love ending on cliffhangers! Leave a comment, tell me how you like the story so far! I'm really getting into it! And don't worry, you'll understand the title soon!