Chapter 7-The Ambush

Picture of Sadie above, played by Amanda Seyfried
.
.
.
Piper's POV
Jude's screams were silenced when Kai pulled me into the house. I couldn't shake the desperation and fear that they held. I collapsed against Kai, shaking with the loud sobs I attempted to hold back but just kept coming.
"Sadie, could you go get some water?" Kai pleaded. I could hear the pain in his voice. I knew my face was blotchy and my face was red. I pulled away from him, hard, but Kai's grip tightened as he cooed to me. I cried harder at the knowledge I was hurting him. I felt Sienna's worried eyes on my back as Kai lifted me into his arms. He signaled something with his head but I didn't catch it. My tears blurred my vision. It felt like there was a huge hole in my heart, right in the space Jude used to claim.
I wasn't jostled much as Kai carried me. I had no clue where he was taking me. I heard a click as someone opened a door, and Kai stopped. His fingers prodded my chin gently, urging me to look at him. I refused. I heard the person leave the room, and we were walking again. I was laid down as my sobs ceased. My breath still hitched and I was shaking, but all of my tears had been expended.
"It's ok, love," Kai murmured to me, kneeling next to the bed. He brushed my hair back with his fingers. "It'll be ok, I promise."
He left me after a minute, and a few tears fell before he came back. He set something down on the ground by the bed, and looked at me. He scooped me up into his arms, and walked with me again. He set me down and leaned me against a bathroom sink, and I realized we were in a bathroom connected to the bedroom. He had set clothes on the side of the bed. Womens' clothes, but not mine.
I sniffed the air, my nose finally clearing up. The air smelled like him. I was in his bedroom, and this must be his bathroom. He turned the water on, and filled the tub with steaming water.
"Will you be okay?" he asked me.
"Yeah," I sniffed. I couldn't say much more without my voice shaking.
"I'll bring the clothes in here. Towels are under the sink, and you can use my shampoo," he said. I nodded at him. He handed me the pile of clothes and then shut the door behind him. I immediately locked it, and he sighed but I still heard his footsteps fading and the bed creaking under him.
I examined the clothes. "K-kai?" I asked.
"Yes, love?" he asked, his voice slightly panicked.
"I-I'm not a n-nun," I stammered, frowning. He just laughed at me. "C-can I have s-some shorts?" I pleaded. There was no way I was wearing baggy jeans and a turtleneck in the spring. He groaned, and the bed echoed him. I heard his feet padding across the floor and the door clicked.
I heard him close the door, and his footsteps got louder. I was interrupted from tracing the grout between the tiled half of the wall. "Can I come in?"
I unlocked the door in response. He handed me another pile of clothes, waiting for my approval.
The jean shorts were as short as any pair of mine, which I was greatful. And the top was a simple, billowy tank top. It would show some cleavage, and I looked at him with surprise before I saw his jaw set in anger.
"I told Sienna that my attempt failed," he fumed. "But I didn't realize when I told her to pick what she wanted, she would give you that!" He pointed at the offending tank top. My jaw fell open slightly, but before he could snatch the clothes away, I caught him by surprise. I touched his chest, setting the clothes behind me. I moved my hand up, moving my other hand up as well to tangle both in his hair. I moved close to him, slowly leaning more weight against him. The sparks almost did me in, but I forced myself to focus. His eyes changed to gold as he was immobilized with surprise. I leaned my head against his, and brushed our lips together.
He reached up to wrap his arms around my waist, but I shoved him out of the bathroom. I shut the door and locked it before he could react.
He growled loudly. "I'll break that damn door down!" he threatened. I laughed at him.
"No you won't!" I sang. He growled louder, and I heard the bedroom door slam. I laughed harder and took my clothes off to get in the bath.
I finished my bath quickly, and put my underwear back on, followed by the tank top and shorts. I dried my hair and brushed my teeth.
I opened my door, and found Sadie and Sienna perched on the bed. "Hi!" I smiled.
"Hey!" Sienna smiled back. "How was your bath?"
"Great," I replied, but by the looks in their eyes I knew that that wasn't what they wanted to ask. "Oh get out with it!" I demanded.
Sienna was startled, but Sadie smiled. "We were concerned about your parents. Won't they be shocked and worried if their daughter doesn't come home tonight?"
"Nope," I said. "They're backpacking in Europe."
Sadie and Sienna's smiles both widened. "Well then, if you're staying with us, we need to take you shopping tomorrow!" Sadie enthused.
I was so excited, and we all hugged. "Wait," Sienna warned. "We have to run it past the guys. Otherwise we'll never make it past patrol."
"Patrol?" I questioned.
Sienna smiled apologetically. "Sorry. The wolves that Kai posts to watch the borders of the territory. They're our first line of defense against invasions and Rogues."
"And from what I've gathered, Rogues are wolves without a pack?" I guessed.
"Yup," Sienna nodded.
"So what do we have to do to persuade them?" I asked suddenly.
"Damn, I like you!" Sadie declared, and we all laughed. "We're their mates. It's hard to resist us."
"Oh, I see," I smiled knowingly, and they smiled back.
We all but flew down the stairs, and Sadie dragged us by the arms to the office. Sienna opened the door, and we all giggled as we filed into the room, standing next to each other, me in the middle with Sadie and Sienna flanking me. The guys looked up at us with surprise.
"Luna, Beta Female, Gamma Female," the other wolves whispered. They must be in a meeting. I was shocked to see the room was filled with male wolves. All three of us held our heads high and refused to acknowledge their stares. The guys started growling and the pack members looked away from us immediately.
"And plan Bribe our Mates commences... now!" I whispered to the girls, and they stifled their giggles. Nobody heard me.
I went to Kai. He had a prideful smirk plastered all over his face as I sat on his lap. I took a quick look to the girls, and Sienna was perched on the armrest of Beckett's chair, running her fingers down his chest. Sadie was perched the same way on her mate's chair, and played with Oliver's fingers. Beckett and Oliver couldn't keep their eyes off them, just as planned. They knew their mates' weaknesses, just as I knew mine. I looked into Kai's green eyes, and brushed my lips against his, not kissing him, just letting my forehead rest against his as I teased his mouth.
"Alright," Beckett nearly gasped. "What do you three want?" I giggled, and Kai grabbed my hips with a soft groan.
"Can we go to the mall?" Sadie begged.
"Please Kai," I echoed her, pressing myself further into him. "It's my birthday tomorrow." Sadie and Sienna both pleaded with their mates.
I saw Kai's eyes glaze over, and the girls gave me a look. They were mind-linking. Couldn't have that. I gave them the signal, and Sadie and Sienna straddled their mates and I kissed Kai. All three guys let out loud groans, and Kai snapped out of the trance.
"Alright!" he gasped against my mouth. "Uncle! I can't take any more!"
I heard Beckett and Oliver's pleads for us to stop. "We will," I murmured. "If we can go to the mall tomorrow."
Kai pursed his lips. "I want 5 guards for each of you."
We all jumped up and hugged each other. "We did it!" we cried.
All of the guys had labored breathing, and the males in the room had to hold back laughter. We left the room before they could change their minds
A man's gaze met mine. He looked at me with lust. His friends gazed at Sienna and Sadie. They moved back to flank me.
What do we do?! I heard Sienna's voice in my mind.
We can't take them! Sadie cried.
Move back, I told them. Get to the back door quickly. We'll make a run for it. They'll be in the house where the guys can find them, and we'll be safe in the woods.
They did as I said, and we backed up together. The men stalked towards us. I had to distract them to keep the space between us.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"A Rogue you shouldn't think of messing with, sweetheart," he cooed. There was an edge to his voice that made me cringe.
"How did you get here and what do you want?" I asked.
"I killed a few patrol wolves," he smirked. It was nothing like Kai's. His smirk spelled danger. "When I saw your little display for the pack leaders, I knew who you three were. Beta Female, Gamma Female," he looked to Sienna, and then to Sadie. He knew the guys, but not us. His stare met my eyes, and I held it. "And Kai's Luna. As for what I want with you three, you would make bargaining with Stone Moon Pack much easier. Or you could simply be our trophies. Both sound quite appealing," he said licking his lips.
We reached the back door, but the men had stopped walking. Sadie quickly opened the door and pulled Sienna and me out of the house. They shifted into their wolves, Sadie a very soft white and Sienna a sandy brown. Their gold eyes watched me as I looked back at the shocked expressions on the men's faces, before they composed them into masks of anger.
"RUN!" I cried. Sienna and Sadie didn't need to be told twice. They took off into the forest, and I tried and failed to keep up. I felt arms around me, but I instinctively knew they weren't Kai's.
The person knocked me to the ground and turned me around to face them. It was the man who had spoke. "FIND THEM!" he barked. The other men shifted into wolves. They smelled of decay, and their fur was ratty and mangy, their teeth brown and rotting, with wild red eyes. I closed my eyes in fear.
"There, there," the man cooed gruffly. I struggled feebly in his hold. I was no match for him. He brushed my hair behind my right ear and swept a hand over my neck. "Stupid Alpha," he laughed. "He should've marked you, or else he could've avoided this..." he trailed off, lowering his head to my neck. I saw his teeth elongate into decaying brown canines and resumed my struggles, trying to free myself before he bit me. This must be what marking is.
"LET HER GO!" an angry voice roared.