Chapter 15-Traitor

This has to be Jude's theme song
.
.
.
Piper's POV
I stood there, frozen in place at his words.
How could Jude do this to us? Holly whimpered.
I yelped at Kai's enraged yell. I was ripped out of my head, and back into the interrogation room.
Kai leaped for the wolf, shifting in mid air and landing on his chest. I saw the silver burning into his paws, but he paid no mind to it.
The wolf was yelling for help. But then, he stopped. Leo ripped his throat out, growling over his body. I screamed, and collapsed on the floor, my back against the wall.
A wet nose pushed into my cheek gently. I turned and was met with Leo's bloody muzzle. He licked my cheek, and I whimpered and threw my arms around his neck. He sniffed my neck, calming himself while I cried into his fur. Leo started purring, and soon I was just sniffling into his neck, trying to get a hold of my erratic breathing.
When I calmed, Kai shifted back. I looked away from his body, and he chuckled. He got up to leave the room, and I whimpered.
"Piper don't do that," he pleaded. "I'm just going to grab some shorts."
I nodded, not trusting my voice. Kai came back to me, hovering over me while two men came and took away the body. They looked at me with pained faces, and I gave them a smile to try to reassure them. Their frowns only deepened.
"C'mon, love," he said.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"We still have two more to go," he told me through clenched teeth.
I took his hand in mine, trying to give him strength.
We walked back to the cells. Kai walked with his body slightly in front of mine, and I hid behind him when I saw the bemused expressions on their faces. They had heard their friend's screams. How sick.
"So you know who our Alpha is," the man in the back said.
"Yes," Kai responded. "Why would he do this?"
"He already told you," the wolf said. "We heard you two. Now get on with it."
"Brody!" the wolf on the left exclaimed. Kai growled, wrapping his arm around my stomach as I stepped forwards.
I glared at the wolf, Brody. "You'll answer my mate!" I yelled in my Luna voice.
All three males looked at me in surprise. Brody gasped, falling backwards in pain as he tried to evade my command. He failed.
"He wants you, Luna," he snapped through clenched teeth.
"That's better," I growled. "You'll answer honestly or you'll have an angry Alpha to deal with."
"Brody, listen to her!" the other wolf whispered. "Don't fight their Alpha, for Moon Goddess's sake!"
Kai's jaw was clenched. He was on the verge of snapping. I had to make this fast, or he'd kill Brody before we got the information.
If it comes to it, Holly said. Let Kai kill the one on the left. He's young, he just shifted. Jude surely wouldn't have told him anything useful.
I nodded to her, and then turned my attention on a shaking Brody. "Why does he want me?"
"He thinks you're his mate," he said, shrinking back from Kai's cold glare. "He wants you as his Luna."
Kai growled, bearing his teeth at him. I put my hand on his arm to steady him.
"And why does he think I'm his mate?" I asked, furrowing my brow. "I know he doesn't feel the pull. Does he not understand what that feels like?"
"I have no idea why he's so convinced," he answered honestly. "And I know for a fact he's experienced the pull."
Kai gasped, but I reigned in my emotions. "How?"
"He met his mate shortly after leaving your pack," he said. "Beautiful, strong she-wolf. She was a Beta's daughter. He could've made a life with her, became a leader of a pack and had pups. She was willing. They met in the woods. The poor girl had smelled him, and was drawn in like a fish on a hook. She saw him, and ran to him. I remember the love in her eyes as she threw her arms around him, expecting him to reciprocate the action." Brody took a deep steadying breath. "He asked her name, Olivia, only so he could reject her. And then he snapped her neck like a twig."
.
.
.
Third Person POV
I walked away from my pack territory, feeling an emotion I had never felt before: fear. But I had to keep going.
It wasn't long before I reached Jude's camp. He set up his pack about ten miles west of Alpha Kai's territory. Poor Alpha was clueless of how close his enemy lie in wait.
Several guards stopped me as I walked to a bigger house, what I assumed must be the pack house.
"I request a meeting with Alpha Jude," I declared.
"And what are you doing trespassing?" he smirked.
I growled, clenching my jaw. "I said," I barked. "I request a meeting with your Alpha! Now let me pass!"
"Leroy," I heard a voice behind the men. "Do as he says. If it's a meeting he wants, it's a meeting he'll get. Post guards at the pack house, just in case."
I was confused. An Alpha has the strength to take me down easily. Why would Jude need guards? I shrugged it off.
"Yes Alpha," Leroy said, and the guards backed off.
I followed Jude, and I was right. The large house was their pack house.
He led me into his office, and sat down in a large, plush chair. I took a seat in a wooden chair in front of his desk.
"Now I know what it's like on Alpha Kai's end of things," he mused. "Plush chairs really do make pack duties less horrid."
I smiled tightly. "I have a proposition for you, Alpha."
"Oh?" he said, his eyes sparkling.
"Yes," I replied. "I am willing to be your new Beta, and your spy."
"I see why Castor had to die, then," he chuckled, without feeling. "You'll fill in his spot, then."
I bowed my head. "Thank you, Alpha."
"Call me Jude," he smiled. "Welcome to Night Howler Pack, Beckett."
.
.
.
Dang, double cliffhanger! As always, comment, vote, read, share and whatnot. Love you guys!