Chapter 11-Birthday Dinner

Picture of Holly above
.
.
.
Piper's POV
Sadie and Sienna ran to me as I walked out from behind the bush. They hugged me, and we all smiled at one another. Kai's hand never left my back.
I walked in front of the pack, and they bowed their heads to me. I heard murmured whispers of "Luna" in reverence. Kai's stance screamed pride and possessiveness.
"So what do you want to do for your birthday?" Oliver asks.
"I'd like to go out for dinner with Kai, of course," I said, smiling up at him. He wrapped his arm fully around my waist. "But I'd also like to just relax with you guys. How does Netflix sound?"
The girls cheered, the guys groaned, knowing we all just got hooked on Vampire Diaries.
We gathered food and set it on the coffee table. We had oreos, gummy worms, popcorn, and pretzels. We brought a few six-packs of Coke in the room with us. I leaned against a pillow on the end of the couch, and Kai took my legs into his lap. Sienna sat down in Beckett's lap on the other side of the couch, and Sadie leaned into Oliver on the armrest of the recliner.
After finishing season two, Sienna demanded that Kai let me go so they could find something for me to wear. He groaned, but released me. Sadie yanked me up the stairs by my arm.
"Okay," Sienna said. "Put these on!"
I walked into the bathroom, changing as quickly as I could. The dress was strapless, tight, and came down to just below mid-thigh. I blushed, trying to pull it down with little success. Any tugging on the bottom would show my cleavage. I sighed, and resolved to put on the black strappy wedge heels. It only made the look sexier, and I glared at myself in the mirror. Luckily, the black dangly earrings made me look more mature, or I'd never be going out in this. Not to mention, Kai is going to lose his voice from growling so much.
I walked out, and Sienna starts to do my makeup. Sadie plays with my hair a minute, before brushing it. When they're done, I have simple but perfect makeup and perfectly curled hair. I grin at them, and pull them into a group hug.
"Thank you!" I sniff.
"Nuh uh!" Sienna protests. "Don't you go ruining my masterpiece with those tears! Now go get Kai, I'm sure he's dying to see you."
I smile at her greatfully before I walk down the stairs, careful to keep my balance in the ridiculously high heels.
He's standing in the kitchen, leaning against the counter. I give him a nervous smile, and he beams at me. He's in a black suit with a coral tie that matches the color of my dress. His thin white shirt does little to cover his abs, and it's all I can do to keep Holly from drooling over him.
I stop at the bottom of the stairs, examining the tiled floor. I hear Kai come to stand beside me, tilting my chin up so my eyes meet his. "Beautiful," he murmurs, and I blush bright red. His smile grows, and he takes my hand in his. "Alright, we'll be back in a few hours. Beck, you're in charge while I'm gone. You know the drill. If anything happens, mind-link me."
Beckett grins at Kai, and goes to wrap his arm around Sienna. "We've got it covered, Alpha," he says. "Go have a good time. You need it."
Kai goes to whisper a few words to Oliver, and I take the time to hug Sadie and Sienna goodbye. Beckett reaches for me, and I hear a furious growl and I'm yanked into a hard body.
"Watch it!" Leo snarls. His arms wrap around my waist, locking me against him, and he inhales my scent deeply. I feel his deep breaths against my back, and my eyelids flutter.
Beckett backs away with his hands up. Kai let's out a satisfied breath, and wraps an arm around my shoulders as he leads me to his Hummer.
Kai opens the passenger door for me, and helps me climb into the seat. He boosts himself up so his face is level with mine. He pulls a bandana from his back pocket, grinning like he just found gold.
"Kai, no!" I whine in protest, but it's no use. He ties it around my head so it blocks my vision. I whimper, struggling to pull it off.
"No, love," he growls, and I freeze. "I wouldn't do that if I were you..." The implied threat makes me think twice, and I decide to play along.
I hear him sit in the seat next to me, starting the Hummer. It roars to life under me, and I feel us accelerating.
The drive doesn't take too long, and by the smell I know we haven't left Kai's territory. I hear him get out, and Holly whimpers. I jump when I hear my door open, and relax when I hear Kai's laugh.
"C'mon, love," he says, removing the blindfold. "We're here."
I blink against the setting sun in my eyes. Kai picks me up and sets me on my feet, taking my hand.
We walk towards a dark building. The name is Italian, but I couldn't pronounce it for the life of me. When we walk in, there's a room full of werewolf couples enjoying dinner. They're all in fancy clothes. They look up when the door opens, and stand at the sight of us.
"Alpha, Luna," they whisper respectfully, bowing their heads. Kai nods, and the pack members sit back down to their dinner.
"Alpha!" a brunette greets. She's wearing formal business clothes. The hostess takes some menus from the stand and leads us to a table in the back.
As we walk, I can feel the gaze of many males following me, their own dates forgotten. Kai hooks elbows with me, and I rest my hand on his bicep, leaning into him. I can feel his hushed, constant growl deep in his throat as he tries to glare at all of the males watching my hips sway.
When we reach our table, Kai pulls out my chair for me. I'm tucked into the corner of the room, with Kai next to me in a position so he can watch the other wolves in the restaurant.
I take his hand, knowing my touch will calm him. I take a look at the menu, but I'm interrupted by a loud growl from Kai. I look up to find him snarling.
"Oh, what now?!" I exclaim. He ignores me, and his fingers touch my thigh, moving upwards. His hand slips under the hem of my dress, and onto my inner thigh. "Kai!" I gasp. I purr for him, but he removes his hand. I whimper at him.
I see a guy with a shocked expression on his face for what the Alpha had just done to me. No doubt he thought Kai's fingers made it all the way home. I groan, and I see Kai smirking at me.
"Maybe that'll keep his eyes off you," he growls. I sigh, picking up my menu again, trying to calm down. I'll get him back for that later.
We finish our dinner, I had ordered salmon and a salad and Kai a steak. "I have a present for you," Kai winked at me. I smile at him.
He pulled a box from behind his chair. Kai must've asked a pack member to drop it off when I was distracted by the delicious food. He handed it to me, and I pulled off the paper quickly and lifted the lid.
Inside the box was a gorgeous blood red cloak. I gasped. Kai smiled triumphantly at my reaction. "It's beautiful," I said. "Thank you."
He took the material and wrapped it around me. It clashed with my dress, but I didn't care. He began to tie the strings, but his fingers paused under my chin. I looked up into his eyes, seeing them cloud over. He was mind-linking with a pack member, probably Beckett.
When his eyes returned to normal, he growled low in his throat. He snarled, his muscles flexing in anger as he hurriedly finished tying my cloak, fixing the hood against my back. He pulled me into him, crushing me against his chest. I felt his muscles strain as he held in his wolf.
"Kai, what's wrong?" I asked.
"Rogues," he said. "Two miles north of the restaurant."
.
.
.
Oh how I love cliffhangers! I hope by now I've caught a few loyal readers! If not, stick with it! These last few chapters have been filler-ish, but the action will pick up once I feel like Kai's and Piper's relationship is well-established. As always, comment, vote, read, and all that jazz! It all makes me super happy! And I have 90 views! Thank you all so much!