Chapter 22-Alpha's Heir

I just can't resist including this. You'll understand at the end
.
.
.
Two Months Later
Piper's POV
I woke up to wet sheets and pain in my abdomen. It felt like someone was ripping and twisting at my stomach. I screamed, Holly echoing my pain in my head with a deep howl.
I heard someone open the door to the bedroom, and then quickly make their way to the bed. "Luna, it's going to be okay," Sienna murmured, laying a hand on my arm to get my attention.
"What's h-happening?" I choked out.
"You're in labor," she said.
"How is that possible?" I asked.
Sienna shrugged. "Werewolves don't have long pregnancies, especially Alpha pups."
I started to say something, but then cut myself off with a groan. Two other wolves entered the room, their footsteps much heavier.
"Luna, we're taking you to the pack doctor," Beck declared. Ollie scooped me up in his arms, one arm holding my head up and the other arm supporting my knees.
"Guys, I can walk," I said with a glare when the contraction stopped.
"It's no trouble," Oliver reassured. "And we have to go pick up Becks car. Sadie took yours out to replace your tires."
Right. The damn Rogue slashed them after I let him go.
"Where's Beck's car?" I asked.
"Same place as yours," Beck grumbled. "Turns out he knew what mine looked like too."
I laughed, but it was cut short by another contraction. I sucked in a breath, squirming and whimpering against Ollie's chest.
"Would you two idiots start walking?!" Sienna seethed. "Her contractions are only five minutes apart! Do you want to be responsible for losing Kai's only pup?"
The boys stiffened at her harsh words, but followed Sienna out the door.
The Warlock had told us to give up. The potion would only bring him back. It couldn't mend his broken heart.
"Let's go!" Sienna yelled.
I felt Oliver's lumbering steps as he carried me out of my room and down the stairs. I lost track of time as my contractions came faster and faster. Oliver kept giving me confused and worried looks, while Sienna looked downright panicked. Thankfully, Beckett came back with his truck and I was laid in the backseat with my head in Oliver's lap. He stroked my hair soothingly, and it calmed me enough to dull some of the pain.
Beckett rushed into the hospital, yelling orders at people as Oliver helped me out of the truck and back into his arms.
When we walked into the hospital, I reached for Beckett. "Beck," I called.
He immediately turned to me. "You okay, Pi?" he asked, taking my hand.
"I'm okay," I nodded. "Please, calm down. All of this yelling is uncalled for."
He nodded in understanding and pressed a kiss to the back of my hand before going to Sienna to inhale her scent.
"Luna, Beta Female," the nurse said as she strolled into the room. "We have a room prepared: Suite 281. The sooner we can examine Luna Piper, the better."
"Thank you," I smiled at her as she bowed her head and left us.
"Can you stand?" Oliver asked worriedly.
"Ollie!" I exclaimed. "I'm in labor, I'm not dying!"
But of course, just then another nurse brought in a wheelchair. I groaned loudly, while Oliver smiled in approval, setting me down.
"You're in for it once I pop this kid out!" I snapped as another contraction slammed into me.
He chuckled. "You don't mean it, Pi. I forgive you. Good luck, Beck and I will be out here if you need anything at all."
I grumbled as Sienna shooed the boys away so the nurse could wheel me to my room.
They hovered over me as I crawled into the bed, as if I was an ancient glass sculpture that could shatter at any moment.
"Prop your feet up in the stirrups, Luna. Thank you," the nurse directed. She sat down and examined me, cursing loudly.
Sienna's eyebrows shot up. "What's wrong?!"
"Labor is progressing rapidly," she said. "She's fully dilated. She'll feel the urge to push soon. If I may, should we be expecting the Gamma Female to be-"
Two things cut the nurse off simultaneously. First, was Sadie's loud greeting, and then my loud groan of pain.
The door opened again suddenly. "How far is she?"
"Fully dilated," the nurse replied.
The pack doctor nodded. He looked at me, giving me a smile. "Everything is okay, Luna. I need you to take deep breaths and calm down. Trust your body to know what to do. If you fight it, it will just make it longer and harder."
I tried taking deep breaths, but I felt my stomach clenching and I stifled a yell.
"Push, Luna!" the doctor ordered.
And I did. Sweat drenched my face and I felt out of breath, but I kept pushing. Suddenly, the pressure was gone.
"It's a boy!" the doctor cried. I heard howling wails as a bloody infant struggled in his arms. "Do you want to hold him Luna or should I clean him first?"
"I want him," I whispered. And then added, "Please."
He smiled at me and set my son on my chest as he cut the cord and rubbed his back to help clear his little lungs.
"He's beautiful," Sienna breathed. Sadie squeezed my hand. "He looks just like Kai."
It was true. Looking down at my pup, I saw none of my features, until he opened his beautiful blue eyes.
I gasped, and he let out a small wail. I took his small hand in mine, gently brushing my thumb over it, as he gripped my finger. He settled against my chest, his sobs quieting to small wails with each passing minute.
Oliver and Beckett came into the room and moved to stand by their mates. Neither of them spoke, but their stares spoke volumes. They regarded my son with looks of pure love and devotion. There was no questioning this was Kai's son. There was a certain power, an aura around him that made you want to bend over backwards for him. His wolf would be strong.
He yawned, his head resting on my breast, and my heart filled with joy.
"Mini Alpha," I cooed. "Your name is Elijah Kai."
"I love it," a man's voice said from the door to my suite. It was like music to my ears.
Other people looked on in shock, but I couldn't see past Beckett's broad frame.
"Beck!" I whined. "Scoot!"
He didn't even pay me any mind. I grunted in frustration. I held my son tightly to my chest so as not to wake him, and sat up. I started to pull out needles to stand, but a large hand stopped me. A hand that had sparks instantly running from my forearm to my spine, and then all over the rest of my body. I shivered.
"Piper, love," Kai breathed. "Don't stand. Are you cold?"
I shook my head. And then, uncontrollably, I began to sob. My chest heaved, startling Elijah, and he wept as well.
"Guys, I know this is a shock, but I'm going to need you all to leave," Kai said. They couldn't even respond, just followed his order like zombies. "Piper," he cooed. "It's alright. I know it took a fucking long time, but the warlock was able to fix me. I missed you, love."
"H-how?" I sniffed.
"That's not important," he said. "What's important now is that you just gave birth to my son."
I looked down at Elijah, and stroked his cheek with the back of my hand. He gurgled, and I smiled at him. "Meet your daddy, baby," I murmured, kissing his cheek.
And as if he understood me, Elijah looked at Kai with his big blue eyes. He giggled, flailing his arms and legs in delight. Kai gasped.
"Love, can I hold my son?" he asked. I bit my lip and nodded. Kai sat on the hospital bed next to me, and I propped myself up, tucking my little Elijah into Kai's big arms. The sight was almost comical.
"Baby Eli," he cooed, rocking him gently. "You're going to grow up so strong. You'll lead this pack one day, but don't worry, I'll always be here for you. I will always protect you and your mommy." Kai stared deeply into my eyes, and leaned slightly towards me. "Daddy loves you both, forever and always." And with that, Kai pressed his lips to mine.
.
.
.
Oh my goodness I can't believe this book is over! Yes, it's over, however there may be a sequel in the future. But as for right now, I am happy with the ending. Thank you to all of my wonderful readers, I love all of you!!