Chapter 14-The Warlock

Jude's wolf, Dexter, above
.
.
.
Jude's POV
The Beta's fist slammed into my stomach, cutting off my screams. I was in searing pain, the pack bond burning away inside me. I searched for Piper as the Gamma advanced on me. She was leaving, turning her back on me as the Alpha pulled her into the pack house. That hurt more than the severing of the bond, and I cried out again.
"Shut up!" the Gamma roared. "You lost the fight, so we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Run and never look back while you can, or we can drag you. Your choice."
I wish their mates could see them like this. I smirked up at them.
Big mistake. They flexed in anger, and the Beta's fist slammed into my temple, and all I saw was blackness.
I woke up in my wolf form, Dexter having forced me to shift to better deal with the pain and so I wouldn't go running back to Piper.
What do we do?! he howled. This is ALL YOUR FAULT!
Shut up, I grumbled. You're making this headache worse.
I shifted back to my human form, and Dex was ignoring me again. But I knew where we needed to go. I also knew that if I was to shift into my wolf, Dex would turn us right back around. He had lost all of his will to live without a pack. His only hope was our mate, so I knew I had to get Piper back.
You're such a stubborn moron, Dex growled, but I ignored him this time.
I ran east, or at least I was pretty sure I did. I was just trying to follow my instincts at this point.
I rested in random motels on my way to Seattle. It took a solid week for me to get there. All the while, it was as if I had lost my wolf. Dexter refused to acknowledge me. It was like half of my soul was ripped out of me when the Alpha pulled Piper away from me, and then the other half left me with Dex. I was a hollow shell.
I knew the address, although I had never been there. The warlock. Finally, I felt Dexter stirring, realizing my intentions.
Don't do this Jude! he cried. It can never be reversed! This is forever! How can you get Piper back if you do this?!
He tried to reason with me the only way he knew how, but I blocked him out again. But I still felt his anger and remorse.
I knocked loudly on the door.
"Well don't ya dent it!" the aged man yelled in an Irish brogue. "You'll be buying a new one, you will, lad!"
"May I come in?" I called to him.
"Seems you won't get out of 'ere if ya don't," he sighed.
I opened the door and let myself in. He wore a metallic blue cape, with a white dress shirt and black pants. His white hair was slowly falling away, leaving a shiny bald spot on the top of his head. Even so, I was extremely intimidated by this frail man.
"Go on, then," he said. "Tell me why you've come."
"Well," I started. "There's this girl-"
"Always about a lass," he mused. "Continue. Pardon my interruption, I'm afraid my manners are quite poor. I don't get too many visitors 'ere."
I nodded my forgiveness. "Her name is Piper."
"Luna of Stone Moon," he chuckled. "Alpha Kai's mate. She's a pretty one, she."
"Yes," I agreed, clenching my jaw.
He gave me a quizzical look. "What's the matter with ya, lad?"
I didn't respond. He sighed, and went into the kitchen. "Make yourself at home," he called. "I'll make some coffee for ya."
I sat at the kitchen table, watching his back. I could tell he was deep in thought.
"How do you take it?" he asked.
"With a little sugar," I replied monotonously.
He took out a small jar and spooned in a small spoonful of sugar, doing nothing to his cup.
He handed me my mug and I held it in my hand, before taking careful sips.
"Well it's certainly not drugged, lad!" the warlock laughed.
"My name is-" I started, but he cut me off.
"Don't need to know your name to do business with ya," he said, and then his expression turned grave. "It's a dangerous game, givin' a warlock your name. You best remember that, ya?"
I nodded to him, and his face softened.
"You want her for yourself, don't ya lad?" he asked suddenly.
"Yes," I replied. "We've been best friends since I can remember, and I guess somewhere along the way I fell in love with her."
"Foolin' with an Alpha's mate is a dangerous game," he said solemnly. "Your wolf would never allow it, so tell me, what's it costin' ya to be here?"
I gulped. "A lot."
He leaned back. "She's a powerful she-wolf. Not like the others."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"She's not one to sit back and watch a fight," he chuckled. "Many wolves would die for her without blinkin', yet she would rather be the one to meet her demise. If you're lookin' to steal a she-wolf, she's certainly not one I'd imagine anyone would want to deal with."
I smiled to myself. Sounds like Piper.
"What about the other two?" he asked. "The Beta and Gamma females. They won't fight as hard for 'em, and they certainly won't fight back."
I growled. "No. Only Piper."
"Alright," he agreed. "But ya won't like what has to happen."
"I'm willing to do anything," I declared confidently.
He nodded, standing up. He took what was left in my coffee mug and stirred in some things in black jars. When he handed me back my cup, I gagged, nearly emptying the contents of my stomach.
"This particular potion is wicked," he chuckled. "Rancid. But it's the only way. Drink up, lad, ya shouldn't feel much of anythin' after that."
I tilted the mug to my lips, and I felt myself losing emotion, like I was a shell who's snail has begun to boil away in the sun.
He smiled apologetically when I finished, taking the mug back. "Now get out of 'ere, lad," he said. "Can't let anyone see ya in 'ere for too long."
I thanked him, and left. I heard no more complaints from Dex as I made my way back to Idaho.
"Alpha!" my Beta greeted me. "You're back from the warlock! What happened?"
"I've destroyed my wolf," I replied. "And now we start a war."
.
.
.
So for anyone who's lost right now, this chapter starts off from chapter 5 and covers everything that Jude has done up through his Beta's death. Thank you all for so many votes and views! Can't thank you enough! Love you all!