Chapter 9-The Escape

The blue wolf is Oliver, and the white one is Sadie
.
.
.
Piper's POV
Kai just stared at me, dumbfounded. "Well don't just sit there," I begged. "Say something!"
"A-are you sure?" he asked.
I nodded. "Definitely."
Kai kissed me, his lips moving slowly against mine. I kissed him back, putting all of my love into the kiss. I started to open my mouth for him, but he moved away and trailed kisses over my jaw and down my neck. I felt myself shiver and my hold on him tighten when he found the spot where the right side of my neck meets my shoulder.
He pulled back and grinned like a fool. "Right there..." he trailed off. I gasped as I saw his canines. He shushed me and pulled all my hair over my left shoulder. My heart hammered in fear and excitement. His teeth grazed my skin and I held back my moan. Kai bit down, and I gasped in pain, and started screaming, trying to pull him off. He pinned my arms against my sides, and I whimpered, pleading with him to stop.
Finally, he pulled his teeth out of my neck. When I felt him licking the wound I moaned softly. He gave me a sweet, chaste kiss before laying me down next to him. Kai tucked me into his side and I fell asleep in his arms.
I woke up that morning with Kai's arm draped over my waist. I smiled to myself. I moved his arm and sat up, stretching.
I shook Kai, trying to wake him up. He groaned, blinking to clear the sleep from his eyes. "Morning, beautiful," he murmured in a husky voice. I melted.
"Morning," I smiled.
He sat up, and moved my hair to examine my mark. "I love it," he whispered.
"Really?" I asked. I got up off the bed, making my way to his bathroom.
I moved my hair out of the way and looked at Kai's mark. It was huge, going from the top of my shoulder blade to my collar bone. I gasped.
"What's wrong?" Kai asked, panicking.
"Why is it so big?" I asked.
He smirked pridefully. "Because I'm a powerful Alpha. If I was a regular wolf the mark could pass for a hickey. The bigger the mark, the more powerful the wolf. It lets other males know who they're messing with if they go after a mated female."
"And because it shows your power, this only fuels your ego," I huff, annoyed.
He just laughs at me, and lifts me up into his arms. I squeal in protest, but he ignores it and carries me downstairs bridal style. He sets me on my feet, and I smell blueberry muffins. I walk into the kitchen, and see Sienna pulling muffins out of a pan. Beckett reaches for one, but she slaps his hand away. Sadie is pouring some orange juice, and Oliver starts to lift the bottom of the jug. Sadie yells and Oliver laughs at the juice stain on her tank top.
"Hey guys!" I greet, walking into the kitchen. Kai's hand finds my lower back, and he keeps it there possessively as the guys eye my mark.
"Oh my gosh!" Sadie squeals. She all but throws the orange juice at Oliver, who barely catches it right before it hits the floor. He mumbles a few unintelligible words about "crazy women" as he puts the juice back in the fridge.
"You've been marked!" Sienna claps her hands excitedly. "About time Kai found a girl!"
I blush madly, and Kai smirks and puffs his chest proudly. I smack his arm.
Oliver clears his throat loudly, and I give him a questioning look. "Kai, Beck, and I will be leaving for a meeting with a neighboring pack. All we have to do is sign a treaty and shake some hands. But, no she-wolves will be attending. The new pack's leaders don't have mates, and as of now they can't be trusted. Established pack leaders will be leaving their mates at home, and you three are no exception."
"But I'm human!" I protest.
"Absolutely not!" Kai barks. I turn and glare at him. "Happy birthday, love," he murmurs teasingly.
"Worst birthday ever," I pout.
"I'm sorry," Kai says, and by the look in his eyes I know he's telling the truth. "I'll make it up to you tonight, okay? I'll take you out for dinner."
I smile up at him. "Okay."
The girls had defeated looks on their faces. From what I could tell, they just lost similar arguments with their own mates.
"I love you," Kai says, kissing me deeply. I respond instantly, and he growls. I shiver. He pulls away too soon. "Easy, love, or I won't be able to leave. I'll see you soon." He kisses me on my cheek and leaves with Beckett and Oliver.
Sadie sighs. "I miss them already."
"Go for a run?" I suggest. The smile at me, and we all change into leggings and sports bras.
As we make our way out the front door, there's two guards stopping us in our tracks.
"Oh, great," Sienna barks sarcastically. "We have babysitters."
"We have orders from the Alpha to circle the perimeter and to not let anyone in or out," he smiles apologetically.
We walk back in, and Sienna slams the door in his face.
"Those jerks!" Sadie whines. "I can't believe they would trap us here! I thought that with Kai marking you, we'd be off house arrest!"
"I thought so too," I mumble angrily. "I let him mark me just so we could leave the pack house."
"Then why don't we show them a piece of our mind?" Sienna asks, smirking triumphantly.
"Oooo!" Sadie squeals. "What do you have in mind?"
"We find a way to distract the guards," Sienna grins. "And then we escape."
"How do we distract them?" Sadie asks. "There's so many. It's impossible!"
"I've got an idea," I give them an evil grin. "Go change out of your athletic stuff, I'll meet you in my room."
The girls squeal and run upstairs. I follow, taking the stairs as fast as I can and nearly sprinting into my room. I put on a short sleeve belly shirt, high waisted jeans, and boots. I brush my hair out and add a little makeup. The girls come in, Sienna in shorts and an off the shoulder long sleeve top with flats, and Sadie in a grey floral sundress with flip flops.
"Alright," I whisper. "On the count of three, we scream. And when we hear the front door open, we're jumping out that window and making a mad dash to Kai's Hummer. It's the only way we'll lose them."
"Off roading," Sadie smirks. "I like the sound of that."
"One," Sienna starts.
"Two," Sadie giggles.
"Three," I whisper-yell.
We all let out our most horrified blood-curdling screams. Our voices clash horribly, worse than nails on a chalkboard. Once we hear the front door open, and then panicked yells of our guards, we jump out the window and make a mad dash for the Hummer. Sienna gets in the driver's side, I take shotgun, and Sadie sits in the middle seat in the back.
"They're coming!" Sadie yells, panicked.
Sienna puts the Hummer in drive and screeches out of the garage. Sadie scoots over to the seat behind me and we both grab onto the "Oh fuck" handles. Sienna grins sadistically as she weaves through the woods towards the main road.
In our desperate attempt to lose the SUVs following us, it takes us 35 minutes to drive to the mall that's an hour away from Kai's territory. We all but jump out of the Hummer and race into the mall, ignoring the weird looks from the humans.
We spend several hours in the mall, hitting all of the department stores as well as Hot Topic, Forever 21, and H&M. We're in Victoria's Secret when I smell the most delicious scent I've ever smelled.
"Uh. Guys?" I ask. "Do you smell that?"
Sadie and Sienna sniff the air, and Sienna takes in a breath. "The guys are here. And they're close!"
"Quick!" Sadie panicks. "Hide behind the panties!"
We dive behind the display, and sure enough we see all three of our mates, Oliver sniffing at a bottle of perfume Sadie had tried, Beckett sniffing and checking out the same babydoll Sienna had grabbed, and Kai smirking at a black lace bra I had tried on. We gasp, and they stiffen. They must've heard us. I grab Sadie and Sienna and pull them towards me so I can whisper to them.
"Drop whatever you want in a pile on the floor, and make sure your scent is all over it," I tell them, hoping that the guys will take the bait and buy our stuff and let us escape.
Sadie and Sienna grin knowingly. We all rub our stuff all over our bodies, making sure humans aren't watching. We leave our clothes behind the display, knowing it absolutely reeks of us. They'll find it there. We quickly run into the perfume section, and we douse ourselves in as many perfumes as we can get our hands on. The girls working at the cash registers give us confused, pissed off looks but we ignore them as we sprint out of the store.
"We lost them!" Sadie cheers, and we high five each other.
"The perfume bought us some time," I say. "Let's get some pizza and we can go home and pretend like we never left!"
They laugh and follow me to the food court. We're in line to buy a large pepperoni pizza when I see the guys walking towards us with two large Victoria's Secret bags each.
"Well shit!" Sienna curses.
"At least they bought our clothes," Sadie giggles.
"Let's get out of here!" I say, and we all run out of the mall, bags in hand. We sprint towards the Hummer, hearing the guys' footsteps getting louder behind us.
Suddenly a searing pain shoots through my body. I cry out, and land on the ground, writhing in agony.
.
.
.
Sorry not sorry! That's an awful cliffhanger isn't it? I had to update tonight, since it's been a little while. Comment, vote, share, and read to find out what happens next!