Chapter 17-Hostage

You will understand the picture once you get to the end of the chapter
.
.
.
Piper's POV
My grandma always told me never to talk to strangers. Yet looking into the eyes of the young girl next to me, I had to comfort her.
"Hey," I said. "Everything will be alright."
"No it won't," she sniffed.
"Why not?" I asked. "You're older than me. You must've found your mate by now. He must be worried sick."
"I-I don't know," she said. "I don't remember."
"What do you mean?" I said, eyes wide.
"I can't remember," she said, looking deep into my eyes. "I went out to fill in for an injured wolf's patrol, and then I can't remember anything after that."
"Who are your parents?" I asked.
"Names are a blur," she responded. "Only events, faces before that night."
I stared at her in shock. What was done to her? What will be done to me?!
"Can we please stop talking about it?" she begged.
"Of course," I replied. "What do you want to talk about?"
"Do you have a mate?" she inquired.
"Yes," I said. "He's Alpha Kai, of the Stone Moon Pack."
"Luna!" she gasped. "I'm sorry! I-"
"Don't apologize, please," I begged her. "You couldn't have known."
She paused for a moment. "What's it like, having a mate?"
I sighed dreamily. "Only the best thing ever. Kai makes me feel whole, and like I can do anything. And he loves me to the moon and back, would do anything for me."
"I wish I had a mate," she smiled whistfully.
"You do," I told her confidently. "He's out there somewhere, waiting for you."
She smiled at me, and we hugged. Her lips smelled like cherries. She was thin and frail, like she hadn't had a proper meal in weeks. The sight of this she-wolf broke my heart.
"Hey," I said. "Have you been able to mind-link your pack?"
"No," she frowned.
"I can't either," I admitted. "It's kinda freaking me out."
She nodded at me, playing with the frayed ends of her shirt.
I took a minute to look around me. The whitewash on the walls was slowly disappearing. There was a slimy coating covering the floor, and mixture of the scents of dried blood, old wounds, and feces filled the air. If I had eaten anything, it would be coming back up. Everywhere I looked, I saw skinny rats. We were in a pack prison, in a silver-barred cell.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Olivia," she replied.
Before I could say any more, I heard the cell door open behind me. And then I heard a deep, familiar voice. "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?" he laughed.
I turned to face him. "Beckett!" I breathed, and Olivia started screaming.
.
.
.
Kai's POV
I woke up, and Piper was gone.
I thought you told our mate not to do that, Leo grumbled.
It's ok, I said. She's around here somewhere.
Leo sighed, but calmed down a bit. He would never relax until we had our mate in our arms, but at least he wasn't so on edge.
I threw on a pair of shorts over my boxers, and then headed downstairs for breakfast.
Sadie was making a massive omelet. "It's just us three," she said, referring to Oliver, her, and me. "I think Piper's on a walk, and I'm pretty sure Beckett and Sienna are on the outs. It must've been a pretty bad fight, I haven't seen Beckett in the house since early last night and Sienna hasn't come out of her room this morning."
I nodded, and sat at the table, waiting for my food.
She gave me a generous helping of spinach, mushroom, and chicken omelet, and I dug in. I had finished and was washing off my plate when the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it!" Sadie said, kissing Oliver on the cheek before leaving the room. He grinned like a fool. I heard the door open, and then Sadie exclaimed, "Well look what the cat drug in!"
Oliver and I walked to the door, to see a very disheveled-looking Beckett. His eyes were red and had bags, his clothes were filthy, and he was covered in scrapes and bruises.
"Beck!" Sienna squealed from behind me, sprinting into his arms. He chuckled, inhaling his mate's scent. I was unbearably jealous.
"Alright," I grumbled. "What's up Beck?"
"I wanted to talk to you privately," he said.
Sienna made a small noise of protest. "Oh, please, Beck, please let me come with you guys! I won't say a word, I promise.
Beckett looked at me, and I nodded. "Fine, she can come, but she must stay quiet unless we need her opinion."
He nodded and they followed me to my office. Sienna sat in Beck's lap, and immediately fell asleep to him stroking her hair.
"So what was so important?" I asked.
"Kai, I need you to be open-minded. I had good intentions, but you would've never approved, so I did it on my own," he said. I nodded for him to continue. "So when I left your pack last night, I was leaving to join Jude's."
"You WHAT?! Leo roared.
"Leo, please," he begged. "Please let me explain."
We crossed our arms, waiting for a response. "They were planning on stealing Piper, which you know. So I'm a double agent."
I let out the breath that I was holding.
"But here's the catch," he said.
"Oh great," I groaned. "What is it?"
"They have Piper," he said, and I let out a roar that had a sleeping Sienna squealing and screaming in her sleep. Beck tried to calm her as best he could, and then he looked into my eyes.
"I got a good whiff of her in the cells," he said. "And she's pregnant."
.
.
.
I love this chapter! As always, comment, vote, read, share, and all that. Love you guys!