Chapter 10-Everything Has Changed

Grey wolf is Beckett, sandy wolf is Sienna
.
.
.
Kai's POV
Piper's scream cut me to my core. I saw her fall, and I was too far away to catch her. I heard the sickening crack as her head hit the ground, and she writhed in pain on the concrete. I smelled her blood as the rock cut into her delicate skin. I pushed myself to run faster. I had to get to her.
Sienna tried to cover the scene from the curious humans, claiming she has epilepsy. Sadie kneeled next to her, trying to calm her down.
Leo started howling. His agony echoed through my brain, and my body was wracked with sobs.
MATE! Leo yelled. Run faster or I will! Get to her or so help me god I will kill the both of us!
I kneeled next to Piper, pinning her arms against me so she wouldn't hurt herself. I tried to calm her.
"Shhh, love," I cooed, knowing this wasn't a seizure. She was just in pain, and I didn't know why. I couldn't help it. I felt powerless and desperate. "Please Piper, calm down. Let me help you."
Ollie and Beck came to her side, and I took her into my lap, wrapping my arms protectively around my little mate. I snarled, snapping my teeth at them.
Nobody touches mate! Leo howled. I huffed in agreement.
"Kai?" she mumbled.
I gave her a light squeeze. "Shh, I'm here, it's okay, I'm here love."
She let out another scream and I whimpered. I heard pops coming from her body, and her limbs bent in horrid directions. I howled, but Leo pranced around happily.
The hell is wrong with you mutt?! I yelled at him. Piper's in pain!
She's a wolf Kai! Leo growled. She's 18. It's her first shift. Help her!
"What's happening to me?!" Piper screamed again as I heard a few more loud pops. Her eyes turned gold.
"Let's get you out of here, yeah?" I said, picking her up and carrying her into the woods, leaving my Beta and Gamma to do damage control with the humans. "You're a wolf, love," I told her proudly. "It's your first shift, so it'll be painful. Don't fight your wolf. That comes with time. If you try it now, you'll just hurt the both of you."
Piper nodded, not saying anything. I ran my fingers gently through her hair, murmuring soothing words to her. Once I saw her skin sprouting fur, I let Leo take control. I shifted into my wolf, and nuzzled Piper's face, licking her cheek. She smiled painfully, before finally her claws came in and her teeth. She let out one last scream as she completed her shift, shaking out her gorgeous russet fur.
Holly, Leo murmured, practically drooling at the gorgeous she-wolf in front of us.
Leo, she acknowledged.
She gave me a mischievous grin, and took off into the trees. Leo followed immediately. Her wolf was significantly smaller than mine, maybe half my size. It was adorable, and I wanted to protect her with everything I had. I leaped for her, knocking her to the ground and growled into her neck playfully. She purred under me. Her wolf licked at my cheek, and I felt the bond strengthen. Bonds between two wolf mates are always stronger than a wolf with a human. I knew I would be in for hell the next Alpha meeting. I don't understand how Ollie and Beck could even think about being away from Sadie and Sienna. I can't let this beautiful she-wolf out of my sight, lest she disappear.
Holly shoved me off her, taking off again. I followed, keeping up with her effortlessly. I saw her muscles rolling under her skin, her strong Luna muscles, and licked my lips. God, I want to...
Leo! I yell.
Sorry, he says sheepishly. I could barely resist her as a human, this is just sweet torture.
Damn horny wolf.
Heard that, Leo laughs.
I focus on the little wolf in front of me, only to find that she's disappeared. I looked around, panicked, before I feel a small body land on my back with force. I look to my left, and there's a broken tree branch. I feel the sparks as Holly lies on my back, licking my face in thanks for breaking her fall.
You know Holly, Leo chuckles. Wolves don't climb.
She nips my ear, tugging playfully. I growl at her.
Watch it, love, he warns. Your first time can't be in the woods. I simply won't allow it.
Holly yelps in fright and hops off me. I laugh to myself and face her.
We should be heading back, she says. They'll be getting worried.
Alright, I agree. This time, I lead the way. I keep my ears tuned into the sound of her paws on the ground, making sure she's following me.
We get back to the pack house, and the pack gasps. "Luna," they murmur, trying to touch her fur. I growl, stopping their hands. They hang their heads in submission, only using their eyes to look up and drink in the appearance of my mate's wolf. Beck and Ollie's mouths fall open with an audible pop. Sadie and Sienna smile down at Holly.
I nudge her side with my head, directing her behind a bush. There's clothes back there.
I shift into my human form. Holly adverts her eyes until I pull on a pair of basketball shorts.
I run my fingers through her fur, and she purrs. "Change back, please," I request. She nods and glares at me. I sigh, turning around. I hear a few bones pop, and then her voice.
"At least that was less painful," she says. "Do you have clothes I can borrow?"
"The shirt on the ground to your left," I tell her. It should fit like a dress.
I hear shuffling, and then someone taps my shoulder. I turn, and Piper smiles at me sheepishly.
"How much trouble am I in?" she asks.
"Heaps," I reply, running my fingers through her raven hair.
.
.
.
Decided I shouldn't leave it at that awful cliffhanger. I'm so nice to you guys! Comment, vote, like, all that good stuff! Thank you to all who have stuck with this story so far!