7.

Y/N'S POV

After the concert, Camila and I sat in the hotel room she shared with Dinah cuddled up on her bed. We were watching Friends on Netflix. Her laptop on my lap. She was cuddled into my side, I had my arm around her. My back was against the headboard and her head was on my chest.

The others were in Normani and Lauren's room doing god knows what leaving Camila and I alone. I honestly didn't matter to me though since it meant more time to spend with the brown eyed Cuban. My eyes were glued to the screen in front of me, so I didn't notice Camila moved until she said my name.

"Y/n."

"Hmm," I looked down at her to see she had her head turned to look up at me. She had an almost sad look in her eyes which caused me to become slightly confused and concerned, "Hey. What's wrong?"

I sat up and set her lap top down to the side facing her completely. She had tears in her eyes and my heart broke at the sight.

"I've been thinking and I can't seem to get this off of my mind. What did Jared mean when he said that you should be depressed more often? Were you depressed? Was it because of me? Was it my fault?"

"No way, Cami. It wasn't your fault. I'm just...I frequently get hit with random waves of depression. It's been like this for as long as I can remember," I said honestly as I wrapped my arms around Camila  and pulled her to sit in between my legs. Camila leaned her back against my front. She grabbed one of my hands and began playing with my fingers.

"Why?" Was all she asked. I stayed silent for a minute but before I could speak she spoke up, "You don't have to tell me. I won't force you. I honestly don't want to get in another argument with you. I missed you too much last time."

I smiled slightly at her words. I knew that if I couldn't trust Camila, I couldn't trust anyone and I should talk about my issues or else Mikki will send me to a therapist. I think telling Camila would help way more so that's what I did.

"No. I want to tell you," I said.

"Okay."

"So I guess I should start from the beginning. I was born in Toronto, Canada. When I was born my parents instantly hated me. I was a...mistake in their eyes, a freak and they were never afraid to tell me I was as I grew up. They were also extremely religious so when I came out in the 6th grade they decided they would 'beat the gay' out of me. I was abused all through middle school and high school. The only ones who knew about this were Mikki, Jared, and Alec and that was only because when I needed a place to crash for a night they questioned me like crazy and I couldn't very well lie to them. Ever since the beatings started I was diagnosed with depression. I'd try to...when the group found out  Mikki had her and Jared's parents take me to a doctor. He gave me meds and told me to do something productive as a distraction. I always liked music so I began writing songs. Then we formed the band and well it went on from there."

The entire time I spoke Camila listened to every word I said intently. She looked up at me and I could see tears in her eyes she quickly wiped them away.

"What ever happened to your parents?" Camila asked. I shrugged.

"I haven't seen them since we moved to California."

"How can anyone be so cruel?" Camila spat in disgust, "I wish I could go back in time and save you from all of that."

I smiled softly and pulled Camila back against me resting my chin on her head. I placed a kiss on top of her head.

"Don't bother. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be where I am now. With the band, and you."

"I guess you're right."