25

Y/N'S POV

I awoke to the sound of the door hitting the wall with a loud thud and sirens sounding from outside. I scrambled awake just in time to see my father run into the room and grab me by my hair. I screamed and thrashed.

"Let me go!!" I shrieked as I pounded on his hand.

"Shut up!" my father shouted as he backhanded me in the face, ''Jeffery! Maxwell! Start the car!" My father screamed as he dragged me out of the room by my hair.

The sirens were getting louder, which meant the police were here and getting closer. My father dragged me into what I assume was the living room and Max looked at me with wide eyes. He must have seen the handprint my father left on my face. He mouthed "Just a few more minutes." And I nodded blinking away the tears.

"Let's go, before they get here!!" My father shouted as he dragged me towards the front door. He opened it and dragged me outside, followed by Jeffery and Max. We didn't make it too far before we were surrounded by police officers with guns and police cars.

"We have you surrounded, Mr. Y/ln! Let the girl go and come with us! Let's do this peacefully!" Said an officer.

My father lifted me to my feet by my hair and placed me in front of him, he wrapped his arm around my neck in a chokehold and I felt something cool touch my forehead.

"Y/n!"

I immediately recognized that voice. I looked up and I was met with the chocolate brown eyes I had fallen in love with. Camila was being held back by Lauren and Alec. Her eyes were filled with tears and she looked so terrified. She had lost a significant amount of weight and was paler than a ghost. The bags under eyes signaled she hadn't slept in days. It broke my heart to see my girlfriend look so broken. She looked as broken as I felt.

"Back up! I will not hesitate to fucking kill her! Back!" My father shouted. I looked away from Camila and tried to get a look at him but he tightened his hold on my neck, almost cutting off my air circulation.

"Drop the gun, Mr. Y/ln. We don't have to result to killing the girl," the officer said.

"No! She sins! She has to die!" My father yelled.

"Mr. Y/ln. I will not repeat myself. Let her go."

I heard the sound of a gun click and the gun pressed into my head more.

"No!" I heard Max yell and then he was beside my father. He grabbed my father's hand that held the gun and yanked it away from my head. Then he grabbed my wrist with one hand and pulled me away from my father. Max pushed me to the ground and I fell face first. Hitting my head.

As I fell I heard 7 loud bangs. I felt a sharp agonizing pain in my leg that caused me to scream in pain.

"Y/n!"

I heard my name being shouted but my eyes were on the body that fell beside me. Max...his eyes were lifeless. Wide open but lifeless. He was draining of color. He was dead. I screamed again. Why? I don't know. Maybe because the only one who cared for me while I was in that hellhole was dead.

He was gone. I screamed and cried as I felt my eyes grow heavy. Then I was out.

Camila's POV

I ran over to Y/n as I saw her body grow limp. I elbowed Lauren in the stomach and stomped on Alec's foot and they immediately let me go.

I ran past her father's lifeless body and kicked it on my way over to my girlfriend. I knelt beside her body and turned her onto her back. Her chest was rising and falling, she was breathing, so she was alive. I ran my hand through hair and felt the tears as they fell from my eyes and streamed down my face.

She looked so broken. So lifeless. She had bruises all over her face and neck. I bet she had more everywhere else but I didn't want to see them. I looked up to see paramedics coming over with a gurney. I was pulled to my feet and I looked over to see Dinah and Lauren on either side of me.

"We're taking her to the hospital. No one in the ambulance allowed. We have a lot of work to do, I'm sorry, ma'am," one of the paramedics said.

I watched as the paramedics lifted my girlfriend's almost lifeless body up and onto the gurney. Then they rolled her away. I cried and buried my face in Lauren's neck. She wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back.

"Come on, Camz. We have to meet them at the hospital. We have to be there for Y/n when she wakes up," Lauren said as she rubbed my back. I didn't speak I just nodded my head. But I didn't move. I just held onto Lauren and cried.

"Want me to get Alec to carry you to the van?" Lauren asked. Again I just nodded.

I felt her arms unwrap from around me and a new set of arms go under my legs and around my back. I was lifted off the ground. I buried my face in Alec's neck.

"Shh. It's okay, Camila. She's okay," Alec assured me as he carried me to the van, "It'll be okay."

I was placed into the van and I cuddled into Lauren's side. She wrapped her arms around me again.

"Get some rest, Camz. I'll wake you when we get there. Knowing you you won't want to sleep there, you'll be too busy wanting to know if she's okay. So rest now," Lauren said.

"I'm fine, Lo."

"No you aren't. Now sleep."

I shook my head. Lauren sighed and began to rub small circles into my back. Then she began to sing.

Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what's within
And I've been there before
But that life's a bore
So full of the superficial

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you, baby
If I ain't got you, baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, yeah

I felt my eyes grow heavy and I soon began to fall asleep.