12. Early Gift

(Kristen P.O.V)

I'm standing in front of the mirror and looking into my self. I'm nervous, because Rob is coming to my house not more than an hour later. I even cooked today and made his favorite pasta. Does it even necessary? Is he really coming? Do i'm hoping he's not late or the worse cancelled it in the last minute because he realize that we can't make it works no matter how often we met and he choose to go on with her girlfriend. "No!" i'm talking to myself. he would come Kristen, calm down Or maybe actually he want to tell me yesterday when we met in the theater that he couldn't come today. Oh my god!! why i'm so overthinking? Damn!!

------

(Robert P.O.V)

I parked my car in the carport in her house, beside her mini. It was my house too actually. The view is still the same. My heart suddenly beating more fast as i walked in to the porch and stood up in front of her door. The situation around the house i pretty quite and i didn't see any paps hanging around. i think it's a perfect timing.

I knocked the door and wait until i heard she's shouting from inside the house. "I'm coming" and a moment after that the door is opened. I saw her standing in front of me, she's very beautiful today, she's wearing casual tshirt and a hotpants, it's really her style. Does she always look this pretty before? Oh yeah she does, even her short hair make her more beautiful. I crooked a smile for what i'm thinking and looked down sheepishly. "What?" she asked me curiously. "Nothing. Can i come in?" i asked her. "No... kidding" she's laughing and open the door little more to please me in.

I step in to the house and looked around. I saw Cole and Bear running towards me like they're asking me to cuddle them. "Hello buddie!!" I lean down to my knees and pat them head. They're shaking their tails. "yeah yeah.. daddy know that you guys wanna play with me. I promise later, but now i need to talk with your mommy first. OK?" I'm crazily talked to them. but as if they could understand what i'm saying, they run upstairs leaving us behind. She giggled and so does with me. "They're a good boy! and they're really miss you, can't you imagine that?" she said with full of wonder on her words. "Yeah.. they even still recognizing me after all this time" i said. "you're not easy to forget" she said seriously. "What do you mean?" i asked then she's just crooked a smile on her face and walked away.

"do you want a drink? or maybe eat? i made a pasta for you. Actually" she said. "That's sounds good, i missed your pasta" "Ok.. i'll prepared it" "No no no... let me take it by my self" i grab her arms. "No.. it's fine dude. You're my guest right?" "well.. let me join you to prepared it, and you must eat with me too" i asked her but it's sounds more like i'm forcing her than asked her. "are you forcing me right now?" she's squinting her eyes. "I'm asking you, but if you don't want to, than i have to force you"i smiled. "Ok fine" she answered as she walked to the kitchen counter and grab some plate, fork, and spoon. she's also put in the pasta to the microwave. "I'll warm it up a moment" she said. "Ok" i answered shortly as i watched what she's doing now.

"so... what did you said to your girlfriend for escaping today?" she asked me suddenly. "do i really need to answer that?" i asked her back. "hmm.. not really. i just wondering wha.." "I just said that i want to meet my old friend and probably i'll be home late. That's all" i cut her words. "she didn't asked a name then?" "Nope.. she's not really interest with my friends" i giggled. "Cool.." she answered as she took out the pasta from the microwave. "bon appetit" she said to me as she put the pasta on the kitchen counter in front of me. "wow.. it's look so yummy" i said. "Thanks Rob".

-----

(Kristen P.O.V)

We just finished eating and chit chat during we ate. We talked about our job, family, her girlfriend, even just some random topic. "Kristen.. why u didn't come to met gala?" he asked me suddenly, and surprisingly i can not answered it, or even make any reason for it. "hm.... i.. mm.. ii.." damn!! i'm stutter. "i.. have a scene, that i need to finished, so yeah. i cancelled my RSPV to met gala" i lied to him. "don't you know i'm really hoping to see you at that night?" he said with pathetic sound. I curve a smile on my lips as i heard his grumble on his words. "i.. actually don't know about it. but your suit is very fit on you that night" i said. "thanks... wait. how you know that?" he asked curiously. "i'm not telling you" i laughed. "come on tell me Kris.." "No. i wont, you better just forget about it" "fine"he answered unhappily.