Chapter Eighteen

For the first time in what felt like forever, Judith actually had a full night's sleep, as she awoke the next morning feeling well rested.

"Look who decided to wake up finally!"

She glanced over to the window to see Fred sitting there.

"You know how hard it is being around a sleeping person and not being able to draw something on their face?" he told her.

"Well, you didn't have to sit around and watch me sleep, you creep." she smiled at him as she sat up.

"Don't flatter yourself, Wagner. I was actually downstairs until your brother arrived a short while ago and made things horribly awkward."

"What's he doing here?"

"I don't know, but he seems to be in a foul mood. He snapped at your grandmother for offering orange juice, so I much rather be bored while you sleep than be down there."

Judith rubbed her forehead. "I don't know what his problem is as of late, but I really don't want to worry about that right now. What happened after I fell asleep last night?"

"Let's see, Harry stayed for a bit and spoke with your grandmother. He may not be fully convinced that you-know-who is trying to take over your body, but he certainly is spooked I will say that."

"Did Nana tell him that you were-"

He shook his head before he finished. "Probably not the best time to announce that. You don't need to worry about that right now, Judith. I'll talk to my family eventually, but right now there are bigger matters to deal with."

She frowned. "But you didn't come back to stop the Dark Lord from possessing someone-"

"Well, aren't you glad I came now?" he smiled at her.

"Yeah," she nodded. "I am. I'm not sure how I would have gotten through what happened yesterday without you."

"I didn't do anything there, Judith. That was Renna remember?"

"No, Renna did help me. I know she did, I could feel her around me, but I heard your voice first. You were the one who told me to focus on happy thoughts. So thank you for that."

"You're welcome."

A pleasant silence fell over them as Judith sat on the bed looking out the window.

"Alright enough of this mushy stuff, did you forget what day it is?" Fred said standing up.

"Huh? What is today?"

"It's Tuesday."

"I know this seems like the last thing you should be doing right now, Judith." Bethany began as Judith sat herself at the kitchen table. "But having a nice day to yourself and enjoying the company of a handsome man-"

"Nana!" Judith groaned.

"Hey!" Fred said from where he sat in the living. "George is very handsome!"

"You're only saying that because you look like him."

"Correction, he looks like me. It is known fact that I am the handsomer twin...well, I was." he snorted.

"I'm going to have to disagree with you there." Judith said.

Fred's brow raised in surprise.

"I think George has you beat. I like him much more than you." she teased.

"Oh is that so!?"

Bethany shook her head in amusement as she left the kitchen as Fred walked in and sat across from Judith.

"You two may look the same but you're different from each other."

"You know most people in school couldn't tell us apart , so I would like to know how George has me beat. I would have at least settled for a tie, Judith."

Judith chuckled at Fred getting all worked up over the challenge that George was the better twin.

"Well for one, George was always the quieter one of you two."

"What?"

"He is! I may not have hung out with you two in school, but I really only heard one of you talking all the time, and it was you." she said pointing her empty spoon at him.

"So he wins because he's quieter?" Fred said looking at her flatly.

"And because he's so much more cuter!" she laughed. "And sweeter."

"How?"

"You'll just have to take my word for it." she said. "Now if you will excuse me, it's Tuesday, I need to go back to my flat and get ready, because I look terrible."

"This discussion isn't over, Wagner!"

Just as Judith stood up from the table, her brother came in from outside slamming the door behind him before their grandfather could come in.

"Nathaniel!" she scolded him. "What's your-"

"Butt out, Judith!" he snapped at her, startling her.

"Excuse you!" she growled back at him before walking over to the door and opening it to see her distressed grandfather standing there.

Nathaniel grabbed his things and brushed by Judith and Norman, before apparating.

"What is wrong with him?!" Judith exclaimed looking to her grandfather.

"He's been having a rough last couple of days, but he claims that your grandmother and I haven't been paying attention to him as we've been so occupied with you." Norman sighed.

"Oh I'm sorry, I should have rescheduled my possession for next week when it was convenient for him!"

"Don't mind him right now, Judith." Norman said. "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling good." she said. "With the exception of my brother being a total arse, I'm feeling much better."

"Good. I'm glad to hear that, you had me very worried. Where's your grandmother?"

"Somewhere in the house."

"Right here." Bethany said walking in wiping her hands on the front of her shirt. She looked to Judith. "What are you still doing here? You need to go get ready!"

"I-" Judith opened her mouth but closed it.

Fred stepped forward. "We were just leaving. Come on Judith, let's go pick something pretty for you to wear for the apparently sweeter and cuter twin."

"Don't forget quieter."