Chapter Forty Four

"Ah, sorry, I didn't recognize you....the last time I saw you was in a newspaper." Judith admitted.

"Yeah, not the most flattering photo of me. I really wished they would have let me chosen the shot they used." Sirius said. "Oh well, can't do anything about it now, can I?"

Judith forced a nervous laugh, still unsure of what the hell was going on. Where was Fred, and why had he assigned spirits to guard her without informing her?

Suddenly, another person showed up and she instantly recognized him.

"Professor Lupin?"

"Judith Wagner, I remember you." the man smiled.

She waved at him awkwardly.

"And-"

Another man arrived and she recognized him too, only because he was the spitting image of Harry.

"Judith," Fred appeared behind all three of the older men. "These are the marauders, and they are going to be your bodyguards for the time being."

"G-g-great...thank you?" she said.

"Come on, Judith, these guys are legends, Padfoot, Moony, Prongs and Wormtail owned the halls of Hogwarts, well at least until George and I showed up and showed them how it was really done."

"Watch it." Sirius said eyeing Fred.

Judith counted the names in her head. "You named four people where's the fourth one?"

"Tucked in a deep dark corner where he belongs." Remus told her.

"Ah, sorry I asked."

Judith was at a complete lost as to what to say or what to do. She glanced up at the three men besides Fred, Harry's father smiled kindly at her.

"I'm guessing this is all a bit weird to you?" he said.

"Yeah, but you know by now, I would have thought I would be used to it. But there just seems to be surprises around every corner."

"Well, I haven't even told you what else is going on." Fred said.

"I don't think my little heart can handle much more of this." Judith said to herself as she sat down.

"Is she alright?" Sirius whispered to Remus. "She looks rather pale."

"Are we really the ones to talk right now about looking pale?" Remus countered.

Fred walked over and knelt down in front of her.

"So, Tonks which is Remus' wife, and Lily, which you know as Harry's mum, they are looking for your brother's channel right now, so that we can pinpoint his location. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but I'm certain they can track him down. Once they do, we'll get your brother back."

Judith looked Fred directly in the eyes. "I don't think I could ever thank you enough, Fred."

"Well, there's one way you can make it up to me." he said.

"Oh goodness, " she smiled, "what's that?"

"Take care of my brother and make him happy. Even if in the long run it doesn't work out between you two romantically, just be his friend. He needs that."

"I promise. I'll do that."

"Good. Then we'll be even. But if you hurt him, you can bet your arse, I'll haunt you Judith Wagner."

"Thanks, Fred."

Judith looked around as she found herself staying Limbo for a bit.

"Still no sign of Renna?" she asked Fred.

Fred shook his head. "No. I've been keeping an eye out for her, but I don't see her. I'm sorry Judith. I will continue to keep an eye for her though. Don't worry. I have a feeling she'll be showing up here soon."

"I hope so. I just want to see her one last time."

"I know you do. It'll happen."

George awoke suddenly as he felt Judith stir in his lap. He opened his eyes and glanced down to see her waking up slightly.

He helped her sit up and watched as she looked around confused until she saw him.

"Hey, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." she told him.

"No, it's fine, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just um...had one of those spiritual projection things happen-"

"Did you see anything bad?"

"No, actually, I got to meet some people...one I already knew from Hogwarts.'

"Renna?"

"No. Remus Lupin. I met the Marauders."

St. Mungo's was quiet that evening as all patients were in bed, the Healers walked around occasionally to check on the separate wards.

Norman Wagner was sound asleep in his bed, but the bed next to him where his wife had been sleeping, was empty.

Bethany's body was moving against her control, no matter how hard she tried to force the spirit out of her body. The dark spirit was strong, and fed off of every negative emotion Bethany had ever suffered through like a dementor.

Sneaking out of the building undetected by anyone, it appeared Bethany was about to pay her grandson a visit.