Chapter Thirty Four

Judith waited patiently in the Burrow after Fred departed to Limbo to see if there was any sign of Nathaniel there. She chewed on her nails while bouncing her leg up and down until a hand pushed her hand away from her mouth gently. For a moment, she had believed it was George, but instead she looked up to see Molly who then took a seat beside her.

"Shouldn't bite your nails." Molly told her with a small smile. "You looked about ready to chew through your fingers."

"I can't help it. It's a terrible habit of mine." Judith admitted.

"I understand." Molly said. "But you should try and relax a little, everyone is safe."

"For now." Judith mumbled. She saw Molly tense up and immediately regretted her choice of words. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just...I'm going to stop talking now." Judith said before going to bite down on her nails again.

Molly let out a light chuckle and held onto the young woman's hand.

"I can whip up some tea if it'll settle you down." Molly offered.

"Tea sounds absolutely fantastic."

Ginny walked into the kitchen to find the mysterious spirit lady sitting in the kitchen with a tea cup in her hands, still steaming. The woman looked incredibly tired, and stressed out. A sense of guilt overcame Ginny as she thought about the woman becoming so uncomfortable that she felt the need to leave and put herself in danger. It didn't help the fact that her brother George had willing volunteered to stay with her in order to protect her.

She clearly remembered the times sitting at the Gryffindor table with Fred and George and listening to Fred tease the living hell out of George as he would get caught staring at the girl on numerous occasions. Never did she witness either of them talk, but the way George still to the very day looked at her, and the way he came so protective of her, Ginny knew she had to give the woman a change.

She walked over and sat across from Judith, who didn't seem to notice her presence.

"So um...how's your tea?" Ginny asked her.

Judith glanced up, Ginny could instantly see the redness in her eyes.

"Oh hello." she answered.

"Hi..." Ginny replied feeling relatively awkward.

"Sorry, do you want to be in the kitchen, I can go outside or something..." Judith offered.

"No, no, you can stay. I mean, we can both be in the kitchen right."

"I don't want to intrude-"

"Look," Ginny sighed, "we got off on the wrong foot. I'll admit I was skeptical of the whole thing, and it's probably because I fully don't understand what's happening right now. But I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me."

"Well I certainly don't want you to be uncomfortable around me either." Judith informed her. "But I guess that's kinda hard isn't it?"

Ginny sighed. "I'll admit, the whole idea of this, gives me the absolute creeps but at the same time, I'm just...you're talking to my brother who...all of us never thought we would hear from him again. Then I see how happy my mother and father are again....and George. I haven't seen him laugh or smile since it all happened. Then you know, you come out of nowhere and he's smiling like a git..."

The two heard a slight humming from the living room and leaned over in their chairs to see George sitting in the living room, humming a tune to himself.

"That's exactly what I'm getting at." Ginny mused. "Look at him, he's singing, he's so happy and I don't think it all has to do with Fred...I think a lot of it has to do with you. So, you make my family happy, and you creep my brother Ron out, which settles pretty well with me."

The two women exchanged smiles.

Fred still hadn't returned and Judith wondered how big Limbo was or what it looked like as she settled to sleep on the bed provided to her. She had protested initially against sleeping on George's bed, but he was rather insistent on it.

Of course, he didn't go to bed when she did, leaving her in the room alone to fall asleep. It didn't take long but soon she found herself in a completely different place than the Burrow.

She found herself surrounded by nothing and it was the eeriest feeling to find herself in complete silence.

"Hello?" she walked around but she sure what she walking towards, all she saw was white everywhere.

"Hello?"

Whenever she spoke her voice echoed back to her.

"What the hell is this place?"

Suddenly, she heard whispers, but not just a couple, hundreds of whispers that sounded like thousands of bees swarming around. All of them voices that seemed to be calling out to her, but she couldn't see anyone.

Confused she stopped walking looking all around for a hint or a clue. Her eyebrows knitted together as she felt a wisp of her hair being raised.

"Hello?" she squeaked out one last time.

The whispering grew louder and louder but it didn't make any sense.

"Show yourselves!" she said irritably.

In a moment's time, she found herself surrounded by spirits.

"Oh goodness."