Chapter Twenty Nine

Around dinner time, Judith was tired from all the events of the day, and hardly felt like eating, but Molly was not about to take no as an answer. She was seated at the kitchen table in between George and Arthur while they waited for others to arrive.

Ron finally came out of his room, and walked into the kitchen eyeing Judith cautiously, still weary of her intentions. When Harry arrived he had a woman they resembled the rest of the Weasley family greatly along with another woman that Judith recognized from her time in Hogwarts. The two women looked at Judith before greeting everyone else in the room.

"Goodie." Judith mumbled under her breath as she began to feel incredibly awkward again. She rested her hands in her lap, staring down at the wooden table until she saw a hand reach out and grab hold one of hers.

She glanced over to see George giving her a reassuring smile.

"Where is everyone's manners today?" Molly said entering the room. "Introduce yourselves!" she scolded the women.

Judith was introduced to Ginny Weasley and Hermione Granger. Apparently, they had been filled in of the situation but like Ron, they were skeptical of Judith's abilities. After several minutes of sitting there under the gaze of everyone, Judith quickly excused herself from the table, pulling her hand away from George's and leaving outside.

She was getting ready to pull out her wand, when she heard Fred come up behind her.

"Judith, don't go."

"Fred, you saw how everyone was back in there...they don't want me around. I'm just going back to my flat-"

"You can't it isn't safe." Fred tried to reason with her. "Besides, it wasn't everyone. George, my parents and Harry want you around."

Judith shook her head. "I don't want to be around in there."

"You rather take your chances in possibly coming face to face with your brother who is possessed by you-know-who right now?"

"He's my brother, I can handle him. Maybe if he comes around, I can reason with him, just like you did with me-"

"Judith you can't risk that! You're being unreasonable."

"Am I? I've been doing everything I'm told as of late. Listening to everyone telling me what to do and it really hasn't gotten me anywhere but having my grandparents in the hospital and  my brother running becoming the Dark Lord. So forgive me for being unreasonable right now, but maybe I should start listening to myself."

"You can't do this alone, Judith."

"So I'm supposed to go back in there and have everyone feel uncomfortable?"

"For the last time, it's not everyone. So what if Hermione, Ginny and Ron are giving you dirty looks, they gave me dirty looks all the time when I was alive, it's just what they do. You know what you do when they give you those looks?"

Judith folded her arms and looked at him. "What?"

"You make the most silliest, ridiculous face possible back at them." Fred said distorting his face, making her crack a tiny smile.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because just by smiling you start to feel better and plus it bugs the hell out of them."

"I don't know Fred, I don't really think-"

"Judith!"

The two looked over to see George come outside of the Burrow walking over towards her. Judith turned away rubbing her forehead.

"Hey, are you alright?" George asked after he jogged over to her.

"I'm fine." she said. "I...I'm probably just going to head out."

George's eyes widened. "Wh-no, you can't! It's dangerous."

"Told you." Fred added.

"I think it's for the best." she said shoving her hands into the pockets of her pants. "I...I don't anyone to feel uncomfortable with me around, you know?"

"Oh don't pay attention to them, Judith. They'll warm up real quick, they are probably just in shock right now..."

"I really rather just go home to my flat, I'll be much more comfortable there."

"But you won't be safe." George frowned.

"No, I'll be fine." she said trying to reassure him. "I have my wand and a pretty nice walking stick that can be used for hitting if needed."

"Well, if you're going, I'm going with you." George said.

"Oh..no..that won't be necessary." she told him. "But-"

"If you leave here, you won't be leaving here alone."  George said firmly.

"I wouldn't be alone. Fred would more than likely be with me."

"Fred can't help you in that kind of situation...no offense Freddie." George said looking around.

"None taken." Fred answered. "He's right Judith, I can help you fight off possession but with everything else, I'm pretty damn useless you know."

Judith sighed pressing her palm to her forehead. "You're not going to give me an option, are you?" she said looking to George.

"No, not really. Either you stay here or I go with you."

"I really don't feel comfortable going back in there-"

"Then it looks like we're going back to your flat then." George said.

"Oh someone looks all too happy." Fred grinned at his brother.

Harry protested the idea at first but when he realized that he wasn't going to win the argument knowing Judith was capable of leaving anytime she pleased, he agreed. He planned on having Aurors checking around the area to ensure Judith's safety and keep an eye out for Nathaniel.

Molly and Arthur tried to convince Judith to stay but she thanked them for the hospitality and proceeded to leave to her own flat with George accompanying her. She didn't expect Harry to follow as well, but he claimed he needed to sweep through her flat to ensure that they weren't walking into a trap.

Judith sat on her sofa as Harry entered the bedroom and the other rooms like a paranoid detective.

George looked around the flat.

"Nice place you have here."

"Thank you." Judith smiled at him. "Fred thinks I should add a bit more color." 

Fred nodded his head. "Like I said, it wouldn't kill you. Maybe just a nice yellow paint, here and there."

"Fred was always into color, you should have seen the color schemes he had in mind for the shop." George said. He went to sit in an arm chair but stopped himself looking to Judith. "Do you mind?"

"No, go ahead, make yourself at home. Might as well make yourself comfortable considering you plan on staying here."

"Just until you agree not to stay alone here." George said sitting down. 

"I can manage-"

"Yeah, well, it doesn't hurt to take extra precautions. I wouldn't want you getting hurt."