Chapter Twenty Three

Judith made her way first to the steps leading to her brother's flat and immediately began pounding her fist against the door.

She knew how much Nathaniel hated uninvited company, but it wasn't the time for formal invitations.

"Nate!" she called to her older brother." Open the door, Nate."

She waited a few minutes placing her ear against the door to listen for incoming footsteps but all she heard was silence.

"You can hate me later." she said pulling out her wand with Harry and Fred behind her. "Alohomora."

But the lock on the door didn't budge.

"He really does not like company, does he?" Fred said.

"He's never been fond of people inviting themselves over, that's for sure." Judith answered.

"Wha-" Harry began but realized that she was talking to Fred and not him. Something he still was not used to. "Oh right...never mind."

Judith thought for a moment. "Alright, stand back, please."

She turned to Harry who stood there for a moment.

"Oh you meant me?" he took a few steps back.

"I'm already dead, there's not much harm you can do to me." Fred reminded her.

Judith herself took a step back onto a lower step before pointing her wand at the door.

"Reducto!" A blue light emitted from her wand and struck the door causing the door to splinter to pieces, showering Harry and Judith with small pieces.

"Well, that was one way of doing it." Fred grinned.

"I'm not known for my patience, if he has a problem with it, I'll replace the door." she said before stepping over the threshold. "Nate!"

The flat was dark and cold. So cold that Judith could see her breath.

Judith shivered as she walked further into the flat.

"Judith wait.." Harry said grabbing her arm gently, attempting to put the woman behind him protectively. "I've dealt with him before-"

"This isn't just the Dark Lord," Judith said pulling her arm from him, " this is my brother we're talking about. You can't handle him the way you handled the Dark Lord the first time. Nate!"

"I don't think he's here, Jude." Fred said after returning from one of the rooms. "There's no one here, but you're probably going to want to see this."

Judith motioned Harry to follow as she followed Fred into one of the back rooms. She entered her brother's bedroom, something she would have never done, especially after she had been hexed one time as a kid for doing it.

Nathaniel was all about his privacy.

She entered the bedroom and lit up the end of her wand.

Her eyes scanned the walls which were covered in all sorts of paper clippings. Other papers were scattered to the floor.

Nearing the wall, she noticed some of the articles were from books, many of them pertaining to the spirit world and others were newspaper clippings. Some dated back to the back to rise of Lord Voldemort while others were written celebrating his downfall.

"Oh no.." she whispered under her breath, placing her hand over her mouth.

It seemed as though her brother had developed an obsession with the Dark Lord or the Dark Lord had developed an obsession with her brother, mainly his body.

"This can't be happening." Harry said pulling down several of the clippings. "Possession..why...why now?" he turned to Judith but she obviously didn't have the answer as she stood staring at the clippings blankly.

"You know, I didn't know there was anything that could connect me back to this world once I crossed over," Fred told Judith, " but one day I saw this path in my world and I traveled it out of pure curiosity and it led me right to you."

Judith turned to face the red head.

"It might have been when you opened up your path to the spirit world to finally allow spirits to communicate with you. Maybe that's how you-know-who figured this whole thing out. Maybe he followed your path as well. He might have seen your path, your grandmother's and your brother's. Perhaps he went back and forth between you and your brother trying to figure out which one of you would be easier to possess. He probably wouldn't even try with your grandmother because she's been doing this for so long, she has more control. You were new to this, and he saw the opportunity of the weakness. But he didn't count on all the help that you got, from your grandmother, myself and Renna. So who was the next easiest target. You said your brother only sees them during his sleep?"

"Yes during his dreams the spirits contact him."

"Wouldn't that been even more vulnerable, plus like your grandmother said, they feed off the negative energy and let's be honest your brother is full of it."

"So what do we do? Where would he have gone?" Judith rubbed her head that began to ache.

"If you-know-who has succeed fully possessing your brother, where would he go?" Fred said. "He would go to the people that would have figured it out or know enough to stop him."

"The Dark Lord knows that I know, and knows that Harry knows...and my grand-" Judith ran out of the room.

"I swear if he's laid a finger on them I will personally beat the living-" Judith arrived in front of her grandparents home and quickly saw that the front door was open.

She went to run inside, but Harry grabbed her by the back of her shirt. "You can't just run in there! You don't want to run in blind. You don't know if he planned all this-'

"I don't care, they are all I have! I'll be damned if I let that bastard take anyone else I love away from me!"