Chapter Fifty Seven

"In spirit form? Eleanor, I'm afraid I'm not following your train of thought...again." Judith said looking at the woman. Eleanor didn't stop smiling as she faced Judith, almost appearing excited. For someone who had just been killed, Eleanor was taking it quite well.

"Listen to me, Judith." Eleanor began. "The Ministry regulated time so closely because of people that could cause changes, and thus causing big problems down the road. There was also the problem that if one traveled back in time that they couldn't see themselves or other people, or perhaps they would just end up going mad. But in spirit form...the only people who can see spirits...is well...your family and whoever else is a medium, but it's not common. Traveling back in time in spirit form, is basically like wearing an invisibility cloak. You can adjust minor things without anyone noticing."

"But what sort of things do I go back and adjust?!" Judith frowned. "What can I change without ruining everything?"

Eleanor shrugged. "I don't know...but it could just be as simple as replacing items or...even moving something over in a room or something... I don't think it has to be as complicated as we think it might be."

"Okay, fine, we'll figure that part out later. My next question is, how do we travel back in time to begin with?"

"The Department of Mysteries." Fred said. "The Time Room. All the time turners...we can help you there..." He smiled looking at Eleanor.

"How? They're basically all stuck in time..." Judith said.

"That's easy. Time doesn't apply to the dead." Sirius called to her. "You have all the time in the world when you're dead, might as well make the most of it, right?"

"So we go back into time, at various moments and change things around...fine...but what if we screw things up...even worse than they already are?"

"I don't think it can get much worse." Fred mumbled. "At this point, your brother is possessed by Voldemort, your grandmother is possessed by Bellatrix, your grandfather is in the hospital...people are still dying... You don't have many options, Judith."

"Unless you want to destroy any vessel that Voldemort can occupy." Eleanor added quietly.

"What do you mean by that?" Judith snapped at her.

"I mean..well...that you destroy any possible medium so they can't become possessed. It would leave Voldemort no choice but to come back to Limbo...and by then...we could all handle him from there. Right?" Eleanor turned to the spirits behind her, all of them nodded.

"I'm not going to kill my grandmother and my brother!" Judith cried. "If we're talking about killing mediums, then I would have to kill myself as well.."

The spirits fell silent.

"Are you serious?" she glared at all of them.

"Actually, yes." Sirius answered. "I am."

"Give it a rest, even when we're dead he's still makes the same jokes!" James Potter groaned from the back.

Judith sat down on the ground resting her head in her hands, as Fred approached her.

"I know this isn't easy, Judith. And we're not asking you to go off yourself or any of your family members-"

"None of this would have happened if it wasn't for my family though..." Judith said.

"Actually, none of this would have happened if it wasn't for Voldemort." Fred told her.

"He's right you know."

Judith froze at the female voice that spoke. It didn't belong to Eleanor or any of the female spirits, she had encountered in Limbo.

Her head shot up, only to finally see her dear friend, Renna, standing before her.

"R-R-Renna?!"

She quickly pushed herself up and ran over to the ghostly image of her friend that was waiting for her with a kind smile. "You're...here?! You're actually here?!"

"Of course I am, Judith, I've always been here. I've always been around you." Renna told her.

"Bu..But I didn't see you."

"Well, I was quite busy, going back and forth, between you, your grandmother and your brother trying to make sure you three didn't go and get yourselves killed. Come on, Judith, I know you heard me when I called out to you...you know I've been around. "

Judith walked over and wrapped her arms around the spirit of her friend. She could actually hold onto her for those few moments that they embraced in a hug.

"I've missed you so much, Renna, you don't understand how hard it's been without you by my side."

"You've been doing so well though, Jude. You even got yourself a boyfriend!"

The two women laughed. Suddenly, Judith stopped laughing and looked down to the ground.

"What's wrong, Judith?"

Judith glanced over in Fred's direction. "If I go back and alter time somehow...then that means...George and I probably won't get together..."

"I don't think that's true, Judith." Fred said. "I think you two were meant to be and it should be like that in any timeline we live in..."

Judith swallowed. "Even if we don't get to be together...if he can get you back somehow...I much rather do that for him. He'll be so much happier with you by his side than with anyone else and I just want him to be happy. He's such a good person...I want him to be happy and the only way he can truly ever be happy is if he has his other half back."