Chapter Fifty One

"Fred...I'm really sorry about earlier." Judith apologized to Fred as she found him sitting in his old bedroom.

"Sorry for?" He urged her to continue.

"For being a negative Nellie about everything. I shouldn't have said any of those things. I know that all this means a lot to you, being around your family and I really should have been thanking you."

"For what?"

"Giving me a second chance at life really. I mean since the war ended and with Renna being gone...I was just running on autopilot all the time. I would wake up go to Renna's grave, go to work, go home, or stop by my grandparents' home. I didn't do anything else, I didn't talk with people outside of my family and co-workers. But I doubt I was much conversation during those times. Then you showed up, basically played matchmaker..."

Fred smiled.

"I did a pretty good job with that, didn't I?"

"Yes you did. I owe you a lot...if you want me to talk to Eleanor for you, I'll be more than glad to do it."

Fred's eyes flickered to the ground. "I probably shouldn't have brought her here in the first place, but to see her so sad, I couldn't leave her to be alone. I should have said something to her back in Hogwarts."

"I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to say it back in Hogwarts or before the war, but you can tell her things now."

"I don't know if that's a good idea. I just want her to know that she's not alone. My family would be more than willing to be there for her, even if they don't know her that well."

"I think your mother was sold the minute knitting was mentioned." Judith laughed.

The two sat in silence on Fred's bed for a few moments.

"I wonder how things would be if I didn't die." Fred said. "What I would be doing? What would everyone be doing right now?"

"There's no way of telling Fred, even one slight change of events could change everything as we know it."

He smiled to himself for a moment. "Well, I like to think in one universe I survived somehow and everything worked out the way it was supposed to. That no one died and everyone was allowed to be happy, you know? We lost a lot of people in the Order that day and families were completely destroyed. Tonks and Remus left Teddy behind, I left my family behind...Sirius died back in the Department of Mysteries and left Harry and Nixie-"

"Who's Nixie?" Judith asked curiously.

"One of the members of the Order, she fought as the battle as well, you probably saw her at one point."

"Did she die as well? I haven't met her yet."

"No, she survived, but I guess you could basically say she died the day Sirius died."

"They were...together?"

"Yeah. When he died she remained with the Order but she spent a lot of her time at sea unless she was doing some work for the Order."

"Why the sea?"

Fred smiled. "Well, she's half mermaid."

Judith blinked several times. "How-"

Suddenly, the two heard running up the stairs and George reached the door slightly winded.

"What's wrong?" Judith asked reading the look on his face.

"Your brother showed up at the Ministry, he turned himself in."

"What?" she stood up quickly.

Nathaniel was surrounded by aurors as he found himself locked away in a room until his sister's arrival. He had healed as he arrived after a battle with his own grandmother. While his grandmother appeared adorable and friendly in her smaller stature the witch that possessed her body was no nana. She was lethal with a wand and Nathaniel was lucky to get away from the woman with his life.

He expected the Ministry to react the way they did when he arrived, they treated him as if he were Voldemort which he believed was the wisest thing they could do  as he wasn't sure when the Dark Lord would try to take over his body once more.

He wasn't sure how long he had been there when finally the door opened and his younger sister walked in.

He went to stand but all the Aurors had their wands pointed at him in an instant.

"Stop." Judith said. "Lower your wands."

"We can't do that." one of them said. "We're under direct orders, we don't know what he is capable of."

"We don't even know if it's him." another said.

Judith walked over to him. "Nate are you okay? Were you hurt? Where's Nana?"

"I don't know when I tried to gain control back of my body, she tried to attack me. We dueled until I found a moment to get out of there. She's strong."

"It's not Nana that you went up against, it was Bellatrix Lestrange. You're lucky you're alive."

"What about Nana-"

"She won't do anything to Nana, not yet at least. She has no other body to turn to but mine and my channel is being guarded right now."

Nathaniel had the darkest of bags under his eyes. "Judith, what the hell is going on? What's happening to all of us?"

Judith placed her hand on her brother's shoulder. "It's going to be alright, Nathaniel. We can figure this out. But I'm going to need you to tell me everything. You know what he's been up to, you have to tell me what he's planning."

"He...he..wants to alter time...in his favor."